Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 21st, 2015, 10:57 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Right now I'm looking at something like this for Kang (the first clause being the important bit. In this schema, Iron Lad would probably need something similar that lets you co-draft NRs, but not another copy of the same card):

ONE TRUE KANG
You may draft this figure into the same army with any other Nathaniel Richards figures that do not have the One True Kang special power. The most wounds this Kang can take from any attack is one. Instead of placing enough wounds on this card to destroy Kang, you may destroy another Nathaniel Richards figure you control to ignore those wounds.
Old June 21st, 2015, 05:17 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

NAME = Catwoman
SECRET IDENTITY = Selina Kyle
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Vigilante
PERSONALITY = Sly
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = ~180?

SLY ARSENAL
Start the game with a Glyph of Bolas and Glyph of Caltrops on this card. Catwoman cannot lose these Equipment Glyphs by any means unless she is destroyed.

WHILE THE BAT'S AWAY...
If Catwoman is not within clear sight of a Bruce Wayne figure you control, she instead has the class of Thief. After taking a turn with a Bruce Wayne figure you control within clear sight of Catwoman, you may immediately take a turn with Catwoman. After taking a turn with Catwoman using this special, you may not take a turn with any additional figures.

CAT-LIKE REFLEXES
Catwoman never takes leaving engagement attacks or falling damage, and when Catwoman rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, two shields will block all damage.

Last edited by Arkham; February 15th, 2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old June 21st, 2015, 05:32 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I like the original design for Catwoman, it definitely captures a good deal of the character. However, I feel like one of the biggest aspects of the character is being left out, and that's her being a cat burglar/thief. This is her main modus operandi, and what really defines the character. Even her class was listed as "Thief", but she lacked anything thieving about her in her original design, which I feel is reason enough for a Catwoman II. She is a top 10 favorite character of mine, and I'd like to see her shine as much as possible. So essentially, I took what the original card had, and did my best to trim anything possible, and add what I felt was essential to the character's representation, making it different.

Cat Burglar being on Black Cat but not Catwoman feels like a sin, so that was a must, and priority number 1.

Expert Climbing was more out of necessity, as I couldn't think of a mechanic that would work as well, so I just kept that.

Leather and Steel is meant to capture her methods of attack, as I feel the original design just has her base fighting, with a special whip attack thrown in for good measure. This was hard to figure out how to keep represented, but still expand upon what else she uses, as she doesn't solely rely on her bullwhip in 1 on 1 battle situations. Her claws are made of steel, and can be quite damaging and effective at bypassing defensive clothing etc., so I felt they should get some representation. It's the 1 part of the card I'm not confident about, and could see it being purely claw based, or whip based, while dropping the other from the wording.

Lastly, but IMO quite important to the character, is her acrobatic cat-like skills. She's quick, flexible, light on her feet, and quite acrobatic in her own right. She may not be Nightwing level, but I feel she is the next step below at least. So I feel Stray 13 was a little too unreliable and inconsistent for the character, so I drew inspiration from Harley and Nightwing for hers. With only rolling 2 defense, hers won't trigger as often, but with 9 life and a "1 shield blocks all damage", I feel it will be a solid balance for the character's longevity.

One thing I have contemplated, would be to drop her Leather and Steel power, and give her something more personality/character based rather than ability based. Something related to Batman/Bruce Wayne would be most likely. In turn, her Range could be increased to 2 or 3, with the logic being she is either using her whip or bolas etc. for ranged offense.

All in all, I want to see a thieving acrobatic Catwoman who relies more on her maneuverability, reflexes, and glyph theft to aid her and her army in battle.
Old June 21st, 2015, 05:41 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Catwoman II

NAME = Catwoman
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Thief
PERSONALITY = Sly
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 9
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = ~150-165?

CAT BURGLAR
Catwoman can move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks. After moving and before attacking, if there is not a glyph on this card, you may choose a figure that Catwoman moved through this turn with at least one Equipment Glyph on its card and place a glyph from that card on this card.

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Catwoman, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Catwoman's height of 4 when climbing. Catwoman never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

LEATHER AND STEEL
Catwoman may attack a non-adjacent figure up to 3 spaces away, whose base is not higher or lower than 3 levels from Catwoman's base. When Catwoman attacks an adjacent figure, subtract 1 die from its defense.

CAT-LIKE REFLEXES
When rolling defense dice, one shield will block all damage. After rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Catwoman one space up to 6 levels up or down.
I personally like your design, but holy crap the whiskers on that outfit look tacky. My suggestion is that comic art isn't used. Because it's the first thing I focus on and not the powers.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old June 21st, 2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
I personally like your design, but holy crap the whiskers on that outfit look tacky. My suggestion is that that comic art not get used please.
Lol, it takes getting used to. It's from The Long Halloween story arc, so it's a bit stylized. This wouldn't be my first choice for her comic art, lol, but I do like the purple more classic attire for her. Both are good.
Old June 21st, 2015, 08:45 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Catwoman II

NAME = Catwoman
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Thief
PERSONALITY = Sly
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 9
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = ~150-165?

CAT BURGLAR
Catwoman can move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks. After moving and before attacking, if there is not a glyph on this card, you may choose a figure that Catwoman moved through this turn with at least one Equipment Glyph on its card and place a glyph from that card on this card.

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Catwoman, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Catwoman's height of 4 when climbing. Catwoman never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

LEATHER AND STEEL
Catwoman may attack a non-adjacent figure up to 3 spaces away, whose base is not higher or lower than 3 levels from Catwoman's base. When Catwoman attacks an adjacent figure, subtract 1 die from its defense.

CAT-LIKE REFLEXES
When rolling defense dice, one shield will block all damage. After rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Catwoman one space up to 6 levels up or down.
I'm really not seeing enough difference between this card and the original to warrant a re-make. Sure she is technically a thief, but I don't think we need another card just to make her have that ability. Now, on that note, I think a new card could be made, perhaps see these ideas

- A power that reflects her attachment towards batman (similar to a sidekick power, or maybe one that effects enemy figures in some way)
- Simply give her reach instead of a new power, that keeps the card simpler.
- I'd opt for a higher defense (similar to Ragdoll) to reflect her agility and reflexes.
- I realize the reason for 9 life, but a) I never liked that, since she never had such high endurance in the comics, and b) it has already been done, giving her 4 or maybe even 3 if you want to reflect an earlier version of the character, would make her more different than the original to make her feel reasonable.
- I do not think she deserves 4 powers either. There have been very few units with 4 powers ever made by C3G, and almost all of them have been high power, high cost units that require lots of text to describe complicated abilities. Catwoman is basically just a thief, using 4 powers on a card of a character so simple seems weird to me

I do think a Catwoman 2.0 could be done, I just think you would have to more clearly differentiate her from the original in a way that makes both versions of the character just as viable to play, but thats just me, others might feel differently.
Old June 21st, 2015, 09:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Relatively simple design from a comic I liked as a kid:
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = MEGGAN
SECRET IDENTITY = MEGGAN PUCEANU

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = EMPATH
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS= 190

EMPATHIC METAMORPH

At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Hero you control that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead. Meggan is considered to have the species and class of the chosen Hero in addition to what is on this card.

POWER MIMICRY 16
Before taking a turn with Meggan, you may choose an adjacent Unique Hero. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 8 to your roll if the chosen figure is a Mutant. If you roll 16 or higher, for this turn you may use any special powers on the chosen figure's Army Card. If the special power refers to the chosen figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to Meggan or Meggan's card instead.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH
I'm going for the Excalibur-era Meggan, not later when she became the magic queen of an alternate dimension.

At first glance, the ability to join in nearly any bonding build might seem broken, but the reality of it is that there's basically no build where she's the strongest option. So yes, she can adapt to play in basically any build, but she doesn't break any of them. (As far as I can tell so far, anyway. Feel free to prove me wrong.) Honestly, I'm more concerned about the other power.

Alternative second power (replacing Power Mimicry):

Spoiler Alert!

EDIT: swapped in Power Mimicry for Mimic, but both are still options.

Last edited by dok; July 6th, 2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old June 21st, 2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
- I do not think she deserves 4 powers either. There have been very few units with 4 powers ever made by C3G, and almost all of them have been high power, high cost units that require lots of text to describe complicated abilities. Catwoman is basically just a thief, using 4 powers on a card of a character so simple seems weird to me

I do think a Catwoman 2.0 could be done, I just think you would have to more clearly differentiate her from the original in a way that makes both versions of the character just as viable to play, but thats just me, others might feel differently.
Yeah, most of those ideas/concerns I touched upon on my follow up post to the design. I realized the 4 powers on a single card is rare, but I think the opposite of what you are suggesting is the reason for 4, is the actual case. Usually 4 powers are saved for 4 powers that are short and to the point, the cards with more text, and complicated/complex powers, only feature 2-3. I also don't think amount of powers should go hand in hand with power level of the character, I think it should be dependent on how many are necessary to define the character the best.

With that said, as I said with mentioning my ideas and follow up thoughts were similar to your suggestions/ideas, I can put a couple of those on the card and see what people think:

NAME = Catwoman
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Thief
PERSONALITY = Sly
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = ~150-165?

CAT BURGLAR

COMPLICATED LOVE
After taking a turn with a Vigilante with the Driven personality, you may immediately take a turn with Catwoman. After taking a turn with Catwoman, you may not take a turn with any additional figures.

CAT-LIKE REFLEXES
When rolling defense dice, one shield will block all damage. After rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Catwoman one space up to 6 levels up or down. Catwoman never takes falling damage or major falling damage while being moved.
Old June 21st, 2015, 10:59 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post

Yeah, most of those ideas/concerns I touched upon on my follow up post to the design. I realized the 4 powers on a single card is rare, but I think the opposite of what you are suggesting is the reason for 4, is the actual case. Usually 4 powers are saved for 4 powers that are short and to the point, the cards with more text, and complicated/complex powers, only feature 2-3. I also don't think amount of powers should go hand in hand with power level of the character, I think it should be dependent on how many are necessary to define the character the best.

With that said, as I said with mentioning my ideas and follow up thoughts were similar to your suggestions/ideas, I can put a couple of those on the card and see what people think:

NAME = Catwoman
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Thief
PERSONALITY = Sly
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = ~150-165?

CAT BURGLAR

COMPLICATED LOVE
After taking a turn with a Vigilante with the Driven personality, you may immediately take a turn with Catwoman. After taking a turn with Catwoman, you may not take a turn with any additional figures.

CAT-LIKE REFLEXES
When rolling defense dice, one shield will block all damage. After rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Catwoman one space up to 6 levels up or down. Catwoman never takes falling damage or major falling damage while being moved.
This I like much more. I'd think you could expand the Love power to encompass any vigilantes.
Old June 21st, 2015, 11:55 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

You could, but she doesn't just fall for every vigilante. I think you could make it more specific and say Bruce Wayne figures. Doesn't she already know who he is anyway?

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old June 22nd, 2015, 12:04 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Even if she does not know the name Bruce Wayne, she certainly knows the difference between the Wayne Batman and anyone else that has worn his cowl.

Dok, would really love to see all the members of Excalibur get a card with a way for them to form up into a team. Any ideas for Captain Britain?
Old June 22nd, 2015, 12:13 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Meggan's most formidable talent is her ability to instantly mimic the powers of other superhumans, in one case turning into fully empowered duplicates of Dazzler, Rogue, Colossus, Longshot, Storm, Wolverine, Rachel Summers, and Havok in rapid succession.[27] Given sufficient magic energy in her surroundings she has even effortlessly turned into a female copy of the Silver Surfer.[28] She has also transformed herself into sentient sand or water, and attained the associated properties.

I could see the Mimic power getting dropped for a power that let her copy a special power from another card within X spaces.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy