Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 100 lbs in 1 calendar year

Yagyu, my dad and I have the exact same body type too. And just like him I got fat when I kept eating and didn't exercise. Today one of us is thin and the other looks like a heavy version of the same. The only difference is the exercise. Look at your dad's habits and follow those...they are the only guarantees you'll get.

Ona, best of luck. If you can give up the cancer sticks you can do this. It's waaaaay easier than that.

And Cav, I'm not 10 years past 27 yet! Don't make older than I already am!

Old August 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just wanted to check in and see how you folks were doing? I'm still moving forward. My next goal is to run a 5K in 24 minutes in October.

Everyone needs goals to keep reaching for. If you don't have one, make that a goal.

Old August 13th, 2008, 06:40 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation

Markwars, you rock! Keep on with the healthy. Maybe by next year you will way 97 pounds? Then 7. Then man, you will be really healthy.... Anyway, as you all can tell, I made a thread with a similar plot, and it should be around here. Right now its still on page 1. I dont want to go over 200 pounds. The most Ive weighed is 194, and its scared me. I have never had a girlfriend, and Im feeling midlife crysis(Im becoming an upperclassmen, Im halfway through highschool!) This will be my year. I want to stay healthy. But man, its hard, expecially for me, who doesnt really eat that much unhealthy food, and works out. Its unfair.

My Signature
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

Read my last post in your thread.

Old August 13th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

I've been going to run with my coworkers since I posted here. So far so good, but I really need to concentrate on my food intake. In my youth, I was blessed with the ability to eat whatever I wanted, in the quantity I wanted. As long as I ran I could burn it right off. These years... not so much.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

boom, that metabolic ability was once mine too. I look back in horror at the amounts of food I used to eat. And I was always nothing more than a stick figure. At about 24 I noticed that clothes were fitting me tighter...I assumed it was because I was filling out with a manly physique. Boy was I wrong! By the time my first kid was born I was a very big boy (just before my 27th birthday).

I like to say that my metabolism stabbed me in the heart with a chicken fried steak.

Old August 27th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
I just wanted to check in and see how you folks were doing? I'm still moving forward. My next goal is to run a 5K in 24 minutes in October.

Everyone needs goals to keep reaching for. If you don't have one, make that a goal.
The goal for me is not very lofty, but I think attainable. I want to be down 40 pounds by my 40th birthday (04/16).

So far, just based on reducing red meat, egg yolks, and portion sizes, and increasing white meats, leafy vegetables and healthy snacks, I'm down 12 pounds since June. Slow and steady -- but I will still indulge in the Thursday lunch special that our high school's culinary class puts out (just with a better eye on portion sizes)

Fall is also a better season for me in terms of exercise as I coach an Under-16 soccer team. When they listen (HAH!), practices can be pretty intense for a good 90 minutes.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 27th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Good for you, MarkWars. You look great! As my sensei once said, "There's only 2 ways to lose 100 pounds and keep it off - Hard Work and Dedication -or- abuse laxitives and starve yourself."

What a great story - very inspiring.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old September 2nd, 2008, 04:27 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

Sir Galahad that's awesome! Thanks for sharing your challenge, it really helps you stay motivated when you "hang it out there".

I wanted to take a minute to also brag on my brother-in-law. He has lost 50 pounds in the last six months doing almost exactly what I did, with less exercise. If you eat right the pounds will fall off of you.

Keep going everyone!

Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Today was day 1 for me...

Got up at 6 am and walked for 30 minutes.
English muffin with Low Fat Peanut Butter for breakfast.
Plain salad for lunch.
Walked another 1/2 hour at lunch.
Grilled chicken and string beans for dinner
Another 1/2 hour walk.

So far so good.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:49 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Today was day 1 for me...

Got up at 6 am and walked for 30 minutes.
English muffin with Low Fat Peanut Butter for breakfast.
Plain salad for lunch.
Walked another 1/2 hour at lunch.
Grilled chicken and string beans for dinner
Another 1/2 hour walk.

So far so good.
Awesome Onacara! 1 day and 1 step at a time. Kudos, and keep at it.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

Onacara, good for you. Now how about some unsolicited advice?

Make sure you're eating enough. And make sure you're eating often enough. Eat something whenever you feel hungry, and don't ever let yourself feel hungry for any period of time. Doing that makes your body want to hold onto the fat. Once you convince your body that you won't starve it it begins to give up the fat cells.

Also remember that 90% of the time when you feel hungry you're actually thirsty. Just have a glass of water first each time you're hungry and you'll easily get to your 10 glass goal each day.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General