Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
REVELATIONS - Albany Post Tourny Thread

Points Difference
1 Kinseth 15 1540
2 Bryon K** 13 636
3 Einars Puppy 13 570
4 Tim S 12 1312
5 Ollie 12 627
6 Shades Fan 12 536
7 Dave C 10 1114
8 Coyote 10 1077
9 LoboRocket 10 455
10 Roland 10 443
11 Joseph S 10 172
12 Patrick S 10 53
13 Tony R 10 -248
14 Dennys 9 453
15 RobertDD 9 420
16 Chris 9 -288
17 Tom M 8 371
18 Taeblewalker 8 279
19 Uprising 8 82
20 Kathy 8 -334
21 Dave A 7 -227
22 Si 7 -467
23 Eric Paperman 7 -682
24 Danny C 6 -71
25 Andrew 6 -519
26 Nick 5 -525
27 LoboRocket JR 4 -906
28 Zombie Knight 3 -754
29 Dennys JR 3 -1280
30 Taeblewalker JR 3 -1726
31 Chip 2 -826
32 John 0 -1783

-3 points for a total kill of your opponent.
-2 Points for a win if scoring 400+ points
-1 Point for a loss but scoring 400 or more

**Bryon K, I checked back and it appears in round 2(End of R2) when entering scoring I some how messed up the formula that calculated your points. While he went 4-1, he was paired with the lower players in the last 3 rounds. My apologies again. Glad you were a good sport about it. Hope you got a prize that satisfied you.

Was a great turnout, 32 players is impressive. I know some were annoyed at how long the even took. We got going at about 12:30 and finished around 7. So 5 rounds took 6 1/2 hours. Hope we can speed it up the next time we do it.

Thanks again for those who brought prizes to the prize table.

Thanks to all those that helped out(Uprising, Shades Fan, Coyote, Dennys, Ollie and anyone who I missed.) Thanks to NESA for contributing to the door prizes and somehow I managed to get the door prize for the Agent Skahen(Go me!) Karma loves me eh?

Ill post more later, im drained and well.. the wife is a little peeved that I went about 2 hours longer than I thought I was going to... Whoopsie!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by Kinseth; September 28th, 2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:57 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: REVELATIONS - Albany Post Tourny Thread

Congrats Kinseth...both Skahen and your trophy will be mailed out to you shortly.
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks again Kinseth and all you others for a wonderful tourney. My 1st. Good Venue (and maxed out!). Revelations II will need small gymnasium if you keep going like this . Too bad Zombie Planet didn't order some TJ/AA packs, they would have cleaned up .

Ok, my Post Mortem.
Using all Einar - Kato Katsuro, Kaemon Awa, Kozuke Samurai, 3x Yari, 1x Harquebus. Not a strong competitive army, but flexible I thought.

Game 1 - Vs Tim S (AE, KMA, Raelin 1.0, DW9k, Zettians - All Rotv Units) Ranged, and lots of it.
Map - M (Highway cut through and diagonally dividing a hill).

Round 1 - AE Drop but I get Initiative. Harqs and Yari climb the hill and Harqs drop 3 of 4 AE. KMA advance up his part of the hill and start sniping my ashigaru. Harqs return fire but can only get 1 KMA, the rest continue to snipe away at me whenever I get near. I kept trying to charge units down the highway but can't close the distance before they're ripped to shreds. Kaemon Awa Smoked one KMA also(?) but in the end, all the range chewed me up. 0-1

Round 2 - Vs Dennys Jr (!) Q9, Q10, Dw9k, Dw8k. My Nemesis - My son is 15-0 against me <Sigh> And he has squad killers......
Map - N Snow Blossoms

This map worked for me only in that I had places to hide. He split his order markers on round 1 moving Q9, Q10, and DW9k. Due to terrain he only greased one ashigaru. The remainder hid behind glaciers out of LOS. Round 2 I gained initiative and managed to get my Kozuke in charge range. DW9k - goes down (5 skulls! 4 shields). Dw8k joins him (4/3). Q9 luckily shreds the Kozuke. Round 3 D-Jr starts to pile up on Q9 while I keep maneuvering Ashigaru in and around rocks, plinking away with Harqs, hitting him twice. He rounds the center Glacer to wipe 2 yari and a harq, and 4 charge around from behind, finishing him off with Encircle. Q10 cleans up the remainig 2 harqs that have been plinking him off, and the Yari come around from the top and encircle again (5/0!). My losing streak ends...heh, Now I'm 1-15 against him. (1-1)

Game 3 vs Kathy (Zelrig, Tagawa Archers x3, Tagawa, Kozuke). Kathy and I are 1-1 against each other coming into this This is the SHogun Showdown!
Map A- Something with lots of lakes and scattered high ground...

Kathy leads with Zelrig (Imagine that! We joked how she's done this 2x to me already, win some, lose some). This time she comes out. Before Zelrig is done, he fries all my harqs, 2 yari, and puts 2 wounds on Kato right at the start. Kaemon Awa gets my revenge on him. Kathy brings in Tagawa archers to plink KA, who gets into a plinking war with them, killing 2. Her Kozuke charge in and he dies gloriously. I spend my remaining time turtling behind ruins, trying to get my yari near striking distance. Kathy advances her archers to high ground and just spots 2 yari behind the ruins. As they die, the remaining yari charge out, to be slaughtered gloriously. Her kozuke meanwhile slaughter my kozuke, and Kato charges in killing 2 before being spitted by arrows. Congrats Kathy. (1-2)

Game 4 - Vs Taeblewalke Jr on (KMA, G'nators, James Murphy, Q9, Q10).
Map- M - The hill split by highway again...

Oh boy. This looks like a repeat of game 1 coming in. TWjr Advances the gnators up the hill, I move Harqs on the other hill and off 2 of them. He advances his KMA down the road, but this time, I have yari on the road whe charge in and kill one, while the harqs wait then fire down into the KMA. His dice are luckless and a second die. He brings in James to shotgun, but my yari are scattered and 1 falls, while 3 encircle him, and with harq asistance, kills James. By now my kozuke are on the road and charge into Q9 and Q10 with height, leaving the majors is smoking ruin, losing one of their own. The remainder is cleanup. (2-2)

Game 5 Vs Eric Paperman (Woo, 2x Monks, Ninjas North Wind, Shiori, Moriko, Otonashi, Isamu) Melee!
Map - J - The foliage mountain! Everyone said this was a bear all day.... how true.

Finally a Melee army... and dense terrain.
Round 1 Eric gets initiative and Woo bounces in, along with monks. My Ashagaru spend round 1 climbing the hill and getting into position. The foliage makes it slow going. My Harqs severly wound Woo. Rounds 2-4 are a confused mess of leaping monks, encircling yari, musketry and mayhem. When the smoke clears Woo and 3 monks have the heights, and 16 ashigaru are dead. My dice rolls consistently were few enough skulls to be matched almost every time. Facing defeat straight in the face, I sent in the Kozuke, who valiantly charged up the hill smiting all before them. Monks teetered and dropped, and Woo wooed his last. 2 remainig monks fled downhill, as the Ninjas charged up. With height behind them, and the ninjas dissappearing only twice, they fell under the kozuke blades. At this point it was a rout, with my samurai in his start zone... which was unbelievable to me. I got lucky killing ninjas with order markers on them, and the dice retruned to my favor. Isamu only ran 3 times before being spitted. Hats off to Eric, this was an exciting game. (3-2)

Thanks to all the wonderful folks that worked hard setting this up, and can't wait for UCONN and NHSD!
Old September 28th, 2008, 11:04 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awww, now I have to stop bragging about 2nd place.

I used Vydar humans.(3 microcorp, skahen, KMA I was thinking about bringing Q10, but then I was like No, I'll make even more themed.

Match 1 vs the kid in the orange hat on Ruins of pine tree marsh
his theme was utgar
I wasn't even worried about playing him. DW, Zettians, warden, Iskra+retchets, and Cyprien? Piece of cake. In reality Cyprien rolled a stream of 19s and 18s, with Sonya, 20s. I couldn't do enough damage. Loss, gaining only 405 points

Match 2 Vs uh...the kid in the grey shirt on...Ruins of Pine tree marsh, again?
His theme was Utgar

His order marker placement was horrible. He moved krug like he'd never used a double spaced figure before, and brought ornak, seemingly for no reason. Krug was easy to crush, he only put 2 markers on him all game. Me Burq Sa fell easily too, he jumped into the water. Krav killed off many stingers, and were able to rout the Groks. Ornak then made a mad attempt to get me, but again, his movement was sub-par and I was able to outmaneuver him again and again. I had a squad and one of Microcorp left.
Win...though did I deserve it?

match 3 Vs. Si on Flash Fire
His theme was all unique
Now, I was a little worried seeing drake and krav against my all range army, but I was able to engage the drake, and with Stealth armor working he couldn't kill them of quick enough. Ninjas were a hassle, they kept vanishing from Skahen. But, once I killed one, I was able to move up a microcrop who would kill the other next turn. The first whiffed his vanish 2nd turn. KMA also rolled horribly on defence, and Sonlen couldn't catch a break. He had really bad luck.
Win!

match 4 agaisnt...errr...the kid in the blue shirt? On "If you can't take the heat"
His theme was Jandar
Nilfheim doesn't intimidate me. In fact, I was happy to play him. When we sat down, he quickly griped about the map and asked if I would let him win if he would let me win next time and I was like "No, me want Krug."

Microcorp either didn't get burned, or dodged the lava, and the water all around boosted them to 5 defence often. He foolishly moved his drake next to a even ground swamp water space, so the microcorp who took it was able to block the sword. Concan ran around and did some damage to my Microcorp, but skahen got a good couple of shots against him. He said "Stupid Sokhen or whatever her name is!" and I responded "You do know she's named after a real person, right?" He turned a stunning shade of red.
Win!

Match 5 against...roland? on...Ruins of pine tree marsh. Really?
His theme was all shooters...A.K.A he had no theme, but made it up once he got there.

Stingers, new Drake, and Q10 is not a theme. When I asked him what his theme was, he responded "It's all shooters duh!" in the snappiest tone I'd ever seen. Skahen killed Q10 on my first turn, rolling all skulls twice. From her perch, she ensured my agents got around with covering fire. She was a force in this match.

His cheep-ass stingers (really there is no theme!) kept on killing themselves, which made me almost feel bad for him. Then I moved Murphy up and whipped drake, putting 3 wounds on him, surviving the attack, whipping him again, and finishing him off. Win...

I placed 2nd (okay okay, 3rd...) but I really couldn't feel good about it. I was a Jack ass the last match, and all I did was beet kids.(yes, I know I am one too. Still, doesn't change the fact that they're like, 8?) Still, KRUG! Oh, and Habbeo Bukkit, if the krug pack had been your first choice, I am very sorry for taking it, as you did better than I did.

Last edited by Einar's puppy; September 28th, 2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: I read it again, and man, what the hell is wrong with me? Neg Rep away.
Old September 28th, 2008, 11:41 AM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Awww, now I have to stop bragging about 2nd place.

I used Vydar humans.(3 microcorp, skahen, KMA I was thinking about bringing Q10, but then I was like No, I'll make even more themed.

Match 1 vs the kid in the orange hat on Ruins of pine tree marsh
his theme was utgar
I wasn't even worried about playing him. DW, Zettians, warden, Iskra+retchets, and Cyprien? Piece of cake. In reality Cyprien rolled a stream of 19s and 18s, with Sonya, 20s. I couldn't do enough damage. Loss, gaining only 405 points

Match 2 Vs uh...the kid in the grey shirt on...Ruins of Pine tree marsh, again?
His theme was Utgar
Alright, sitting on the couch between matches, I over heard him talking to someone else (probably a brother or something) and they were having an argument. This kid called him stupid multiple times, and I was like "Wow, I hope I can put him in his place" and I got the chance! I don't like people being rude like that.

His order marker placement was horrible. He moved krug like he'd never used a double spaced figure before, and brought ornak, seemingly for no reason. Krug was easy to crush, he only put 2 markers on him all game. Me Burq Sa fell easily too, he jumped into the water. Krav killed off many stingers, and were able to rout the Groks. Ornak then made a mad attempt to get me, but again, his movement was sub-par and I was able to outmaneuver him again and again. I had a squad and one of Microcorp left.
Win!

match 3 Vs. Si on Flash Fire
His theme was all unique
Now, I was a little worried seeing drake and krav against my all range army, but I was able to engage the drake, and with Stealth armor working he couldn't kill them of quick enough. Ninjas were a hassle, they kept vanishing from Skahen. But, once I killed one, I was able to move up a microcrop who would kill the other next turn. The first whiffed his vanish 2nd turn. KMA also rolled horribly on defence, and Sonlen couldn't catch a break. He had really bad luck.
Win!

match 4 agaisnt...errr...the kid in the blue shirt? On "If you can't take the heat"
His theme was Jandar
Nilfheim doesn't intimidate me. In fact, I was happy to play him. When we sat down, he quickly griped about the map and asked if I would let him win if he would let me win next time and I was like "No, me want Krug."

Microcorp either didn't get burned, or dodged the lava, and the water all around boosted them to 5 defence often. He foolishly moved his drake next to a even ground swamp water space, so the microcorp who took it was able to block the sword. Concan ran around and did some damage to my Microcorp, but skahen got a good couple of shots against him. He said "Stupid Sokhen or whatevver her name is!" and I responded "You do know she's named after a real person, right?" He turned a stunning shade of red.
Win!

Match 5 against...roland? on...Ruins of pine tree marsh. Really?
His theme was all shooters...A.K.A he had no theme, but made it up once he got there. Annoying brat.

Parent of Roland, be warned. I didn't like him one bit, and I'm not sugar coating this.

Stingers, new Drake, and Q10 is not a theme. When I asked him what his theme was, he responded "It's all shooters duh!" in the snappiest tone I'd ever seen. I knew then he would lose. A indignant Skahen killed Q10 on my first turn, rolling all skulls twice. From her perch, she ensured my agents got around with covering fire. She was a force in this match. When I first announced I'd move my Krav Maga (pronounced Kraav Muh-gaa) he snappily corrected me ("No, it's Krav Maga (all long a's)) So then I said "Oh look, My Kraav Muh-Gaa just rolled all skulls against that stinger."

Many many times in the match, he would not count spaces. He would move a stinger 3 spaces, skip the fourth, and move him 2 more spaces. I had to stop him constantly. His cheep-ass stingers (really there is no theme!) kept on killing themselves, which made me almost feel bad for him. Then I moved Murphy up and whipped drake, putting 3 wounds on him, surviving the attack, whipping him again, and finishing him off. Then I felt I might have taken it too far, and I shook his hand and pretended he killed 40 more points than he really did.
Win...

I placed 2nd (okay okay, 3rd...) but I really couldn't feel good about it. I was a Jack ass the last match, and all I did was beet kids. Still, KRUG!
I think this post is a bit out of line. If you don't like playing "kids" then don't come to tournaments. I bring my son to tournaments with me and he enjoys them win or lose. It is about having fun. "Kids" being able to play with adults is one of the things I like about Heroscape. Every tournament I have been to has had "kids". I think it is a great atmosphere for both the kids and adults to come together and enjoy sportsmanship, friendship, etc...

Perhaps you should look for an all "adult" tournament to play in next time. Oh yeah...that is right you are a "kid" too. (At least in my eyes.)

Your comments about Roland are completly un-necessary, and as you stated, quite harsh. If you don't like his play, his attitude, his theme, or whatever you can express this in a more constructive way.

I will close with 2 old phrases you might want to think about when posting...

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all.
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[deliberately ignoring previous post as it is setting the wrong tone for this thread, even though it makes some excellent points and I don't altogether disagree with it]

Great tournament, Kinseth. I had a great time. Next time,you should look into the software Nyys used at BatB to do the calcultions for you during the tournament. It will speed up things a bit and you wll avoid having same players playing eachother, or the same map.

Oh, and whomever was complaining about only playing kids and beating them and not feeling like they earned second place, well, it's better than getting defeated by some of those kiddies, I tell ya. And Tim, your son (is it Anthony? I forget, I call him Jose) is one of the best behaved and polite kids I have ever come accross, and I had a blast playing him (I think he had a good time too .

And Zombie Planet is one impressive store. I loved browsing through their stuff. Anyone that has not been there and has the opportunity should go.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old September 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

In Reference to Habeo(Bryon K).

Since Round 3-5 I messed up your pairings, what should have happend.

Round 3
Play Si(Who finished with 7 points.)

Round 4(Assuming he won against Si)
Play Dave C(who finished with 10 points)

Round 5 play Einars Puppy(Assuming you won against Dave C)
Einars Puppy finished with 13 points.

You ended up getting paired down in the end and your last 3 round opponents were.

Round 3 you played Danny C(6 points)

Round 4 you played John(0 Points)

Round 5 you played Uprising(8 Points)

So you won your last 3, lost your first match. I don't think its too much of a stretch to think you would have lost one to the three opponents you should have played.

I apologies if I ruined your day, Hope you had fun. But just wanted to show you what you would have been looking at *if* I hadnt screwed up your rankings page in my spreadsheet.

Old September 28th, 2008, 06:17 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It just so happens my round 5 match against Bryon was probably the worst defeat I've ever had in a game of scape.

Thanks to Kinseth for putting everything together. I had a blast. I went 2-3 with the Elves Wizards and I took Alcolarh. No complaints in any of my games. 2 of my 3 losses were really close and things could have gone different very easily but I like the way things played out and I had a blast playing the Wizards. My only regret was not taking Morsbane over Alcolarh. I faced Q-9, Q-10, Syvarris, Sonlen, Gyntela Gwyn, X-17, Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Isamu, Otonashi, Shiori, Master Woo, Braxas, Nilfheim x2, Zelrig, Moriko x2, Concan, Sgt Drake SOTM, Tarn Vikings, Airborne Elite. That's a lot of Uniques and I'm sure I would have negated or destroyed a few if I had Morsbane in there.

EDIT: To add on to what RobertDD said, Tim's kids are awesome and very well behaved and resectful. Lots of "Thank Yous" and "You Welcomes", but they can all play a mean game of Scape. I lost to Joseph. Had him down to 3 Tarns with Ulginesh, Emiroon, Jor...can't remember her name, and Alcolarh. Then his AE finally dropped and took over.

Last edited by Uprising; September 28th, 2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:23 PM

Rock'em Sock'em Robots
  • Gladiatrons x3
  • Blastitrons x2
  • Zetacron
  • Major Q9

I was close to taking a Agents army(Carr, Skahen, Krav, x2 Micros and Finn or Thorgrim). But with Skahen being 120, it screws up finishing off a clean 600. So I went with the Robots. I had never played this type of army before, and didn't even get to practice. Though in Theory I understood what needed to be done.

My Focus was to develope my early game with moving Gladatrons and Blastarons out on all of my first round markers. As I could see how the board progressed, I would then move Q9 and Zetacron where I thought they would be best be used.

Round 1 vs Zombie Knight on Fire Isles

His Army included several Stingers, Drudges, Su Bak na, Kemoshi, Marro Warriors and Nagrubs. The Stingers were my main target right away. I moved up with Blastys and Glads and took over the middle right away. We saw a heated exchange with the Stingers, and eventually the Blastys took care of them. Most of my Glads had moved to his strarting zone by now and Su Bak Na had killed 2 or 3. I threw my luck in and targeted Subakna and Kemoshi. With some sharp shooting I was able to finish off both of them! From there it was well in hand and I moved up Q9 to finish off the stragglers.

Was a very fun game, Zombie Knight is fun to play with. I think he lives in the area, will have to get some local games with him in the future.

3 point win, 600 to 215

Round 2 vs Joseph S in If you can't take the heat

Joseph's army was going to be a rough one. Sgt Drake 2.0, Nilfhelm, Tarns, Airborne and Concan. Drake was setup on the right side of the map, while Neilfhelm was on the left. Moving out the Glads and Blastys, I put a spattering of units to the right, to entice Sgt Drake in, while the majority of my units went to the left to deal with Ice Death! Niefhelm moved in like I thought, and held the middle, while Drake moved into my trap. Q9 was off to the left, to give Drake a false sense of security. The Blastys and Glads did their best vs Neifhelm, he must have killed 8-10 Glads and Blasts with Nielfhelm and then the Airborn dropped. Lobbing grenades that really didnt do much. Perhaps 3-4 units he was able to kill.

Q9 dealt with several of the Airborne and the glads killed off Nielfhelm. And catching drake with several Gladiatrons, he was unable to fight them off fast enough until he was surrounded with 4 glads and 2 blasts, and the blastys finished him off. That was pretty much the match. Was touch and go because Q9 had 3 wounds on him during the middle, but in the end it was Tarns and Concan left which posed no threat.

Joseph plays the game as it should be, as a game. He taunts during the game, saying things such as "Drake is now going to destroy that Robot", or other witty comments to each play. Very entertaining. I often replied "Do you worst sir!" He is a good player and it shows as he finished 3-2 overall record with 10 points. Meaning in his 2 losses, one(Ours) he was able to score 400 or more points. A "Good" loss.

3 point win, 600-420.
Overall 2-0 with 6 points

Round 3 vs Andrew S on Ice Blossoms

I loved this map! Andrew had an utgar army featuring The Vampires and Zettians,Warden and DWK9000. Andrew setup his robots on the left side, and vampires on the right. I developed my front on the right to deal with Iskra and Cyprien and hung back behind trees/glaciers/Ruins and out of DWK9000 ranged. I had a major advantage as Cyprien was pretty much ineffective against me because he could not Chilling Touch. But he was able to get height and fly in and start destroying Robots. The battle took place for the most part, in the middle right of the snow/ice. The Rechets were summoned and almost killed Q9. One roll was a leathal sting, but Q9 was Large and survived... almost. With 8 defensive dice, I rolled 8! 8 Skulls and was down to 1 Life. I finally was able to finish off Cyprien/Rechets and Iskra and moved to attack the Robots who holed up on the back left highground on the board. Zettians picked off units as they came at them, but the swarm eventually overtook them and with the numbers game was able to destroy his robots.

Hats off to Andrew, a couple of lucky rolls here or there and it could have been a different game. he targeted a Zettian multiple times with 5 or so Glads/blasts surrounding and rolled a skull or no skulls by DWK9000. Very lucky on my end.

3 Point win, 600-260
Overall 3-0(9 Points)

Round 4 vs LoboRocket on Arctic Divide

There are only 4 undefeateds left. Us 2, and in the match right next to us was Tim S(Who beat me in the finals at Saratoga Slugfest) and Roland(Who beat me at Chaos in the Capital, where he finished 1st and myself tied for 2nd). I had a chance for revenge *if* I got past Loborocket. He sat down with Braxas, Raelin, Charos, Marcu and Kelda.

Off the bat he moved Braxas to the middle of the board, and blocking the middle pass. There was slippery Ice all over, and it was hard for my guys to move up and help target him. After 2-3 failed attempts where Braxas simply "Melted their faces off". I pulled back the Blastys, to draw him closer. Charos came in on my left flank with Raelin in tow. I finally took out Braxas after many had fallen. Charos went for Zetacron and Q9 with some success. I had managed to kill off Raelin and then Charos fell to my 3 remaining Blasty's. Lobo fought on hard with what he had left, and in the end we cornered Marcu and finished him off. Well fought game! I was really worried when i wasnt able to kill Braxas and he was killing 3 robots a turn.

600-365
Overall 4-0(12 points)

Championship Game - Round 5 vs Tim S on Mole Hills

Rematch of the game that kept me from winning Saratoga Slugfest. Tim S is one of my best friends, and here we meet again. His army was all from the first master set. Zettians, DWK9000, Raelin, Krav, Airborn, Agent Carr.

My stratedgy was to gain control of the middle before the Airborne dropped. He moved up Raelin to highground and then surrounded her with Krav. I moved up Blasts/Glads and Zetacron loomed just out of Raelins Range. Round 2 the Airborne dropped and took good positions on his half of the board, proceeded to lob grenades and got 3-4 Glads/Blasts. I happened to win Init must have been 6-7 times in a row. I targeted Raelin and eventually dropped her. Then took sights at Krav, now with only 3 or 4 defensive dice, seemed easier targets. Having poor rolling, The Krav fell fast and hard. The game progressed to his side of the board with my Blasts and Glads moving in, with Q9 as backup. With the targets remaining, I moved in with Glads and got several on DWK9000 and Carr at the same time. Carr fell fast, then with 4-5 around DWK9000 we managed to drop the deadly robot before he could do much damage. In the last round he had 2 order markers on Carr and it really helped me as I killed Carr before he could use him.

The Zettians were left but in the end I prevailed. To the Victor goes the spoils!

5-0 with 15 points and in the end I scored 3000 points while only losing 1460. Rather pleased with myself, considering each round I played someone who was undefeated.

Really enjoyed playing, was alot to play and run the tournament at the same time too. I hope to have a better way of entering scores and speeding that process up in the end. I will look into this program RobertDD suggested.

Old September 28th, 2008, 09:21 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Wow EP...I'm surprised at you...Roland won the tournament in Albany last year taking out a couple of respected players here on the way including Ollie. This game was made for kids younger than you..maybe you need to get your ass handed to you in a game by a 7 year old to understand that.

Oh and BTW...his theme was Swarm of The Marro...DUH!!!!!!!...if you couldn't figure that out yourself and had to ask him then maybe you deserved his response to you.
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Kathy, Georgie and I had a great time at the tournament. It was really nice to finally have a chance to play Ollie. However, in some ways it felt like a whirlwind. It seems I really didn't get a chance to meet anyone I didn't know from previous tournaments. It was a great store and time well spent. We'll see everyone at the next tournament.

Old September 28th, 2008, 11:04 PM

Habeo_Bukkit Woo who?

Kinseth - my day was most definitely not ruined, and I had a great time at the tournament actually. I in fact got the prize I'd been aiming for (a gift certificate to the store) so I had no major complaints and I didn't want my post in the previous thread to sound as though I was significantly upset. I really did have a blast, and I think I'm in love with the store itself - I have no nearby gaming stores in VT, and have only seen one store that is even close to Zombie Planet.

All in all it was a great day of 'scape with my army, which I named "The Divine Right of Kings" based upon my theme of royalty. The fact the units were themselves dragons was a somewhat minor aside because I enjoyed the symmetry of a King, Queen and Emperor. Plus I got a great deal of fun from sitting down each time and hearing my opponent exclaim "A dragon themed army!" to which I'd reply "Nope, that's just coincidental. It's royalty!"

I had a lot of great matches, but the crowning moment of awesome came down to the last match of the day, with some degree of luck that I'd never seen before. Uprising had brought out an army of elves, something I'd been waiting to see all day, and in a moment of ludicrous dice rolling, Braxas proceeded to almost single-handedly take out his entire army. Over the course of the match, five different elf uniques were melted under her acidy dribble.

I had a wonderful time, and I am looking forward to the next tournament. I'm hoping to get something rolling here in VT before the snows start coming down, so I hope to see everyone there once it's been announced!

"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan,
designed and directed by his red right hand."

- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Red Right Hand

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events