Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 11th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

Songbird is Passionate, not Repentant. No apologies necessary, though. I really never had anything down for Troll before this morning, and even if I had, there wouldn't be any problem with asking to see how I got there or making alternate suggestions. It's a workshopping thread.

Charlatan doesn't quite square for Troll either, and Songbird was past her Charlatan days and was very squarely a Crime Fighter during her run with the Raft 'Bolts, so I wouldn't want to tie Troll in with Charlatans.

I actually never thought I'd get as far as trying to work up a Troll design. Didn't think she'd ever get a mini.
Old September 11th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What do you think of the idea I just edited in to my last post? It kind of mixes the Nanite Marker and the movement bonding ideas.
Quote:
SAVAGE FIXATION
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Hero you control to be Troll's Fixation. If the chosen figure is a Crime Fighter, you may place a gray Nanite Marker on this card. After taking a turn with Troll's Fixation, you may move Troll up to 5 spaces, or 6 spaces if the chosen figure is Savage.
Old September 11th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What do you think of the idea I just edited in to my last post? It kind of mixes the Nanite Marker and the movement bonding ideas.
Quote:
SAVAGE FIXATION
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Hero you control to be Troll's Fixation. If the chosen figure is a Crime Fighter, you may place a gray Nanite Marker on this card. After taking a turn with Troll's Fixation, you may move Troll up to 5 spaces, or 6 spaces if the chosen figure is Savage.
That makes sense - the fixation is thematically irrational and broad, but the addition of the Nanite Marker if you fixate on the right person is also thematic and encourages her into those sorts of builds. Good idea.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 11th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The addition of the Nanite Marker doesn't really encourage anything thematic over the other options, I don't think. It leaves the option open, but it doesn't provide any thematic benefit over just letting her start with the Marker by default.

I'd still break that up into this (setting aside the Savage tie-in and any other possibilities for the moment just to keep things simple and focus on the Songbird connection):

Quote:
RAFT 'BOLTS
At the start of the game, place a gray Nanite Marker on this card.

TAG-ALONG
At the start of the game, choose one Unique Hero you control. After moving your chosen Hero on your turn, if Troll is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Hero, you may move Troll.
Being able to move up with Songbird and screen for her is still a pretty good benefit without Luke Cage.

And then, if we're willing to change directions on Luke Cage a little bit (and Ocean Master is crushing him, so I don't see why not)... what if his bonding/leadership wasn't quite as good, but he mass-recruited all the Nanite figures into being Crime Fighters? That would be a reasonable thematic take, it would make Luke like Songbird even more, and it would set up the really strong Troll/Songbird synergy in a Cagebolts build.
Old September 11th, 2018, 08:42 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Maybe I missed it but why can’t Troll just be Repetant like Radioactive Man? That would allow for the Songbird Synergy and only allow for Crime Fighter Synergy assuming Songbird was there. Troll was after all a cannibal raised by trolls who eventually became a Hero, I would say their would be some repetant feelings there.
Old September 11th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Symbiotic

I wouldn't say she's repentant. She starts running with a different crowd (Thunderbolts rather than a bunch of trolls), but it's not really out of any sense that she has anything to make up for.
Old September 11th, 2018, 08:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Honestly I'd like to see this hypothetical new Luke Cage. A mass conversion of criminals into crime fighters would give some neat synergy options.
Old September 11th, 2018, 08:59 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I wouldn't say she's repentant. She starts running with a different crowd (Thunderbolts rather than a bunch of trolls), but it's not really out of any sense that she has anything to make up for.
But maybe she FEELS it... might be a little stretch but you don’t just stop eating people for no reason. Or maybe you do I guess I have no frame of reference.
Old September 11th, 2018, 09:10 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
But maybe she FEELS it... might be a little stretch but you don’t just stop eating people for no reason. Or maybe you do I guess I have no frame of reference.
Could just be an elimination diet.
Old September 11th, 2018, 09:52 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Honestly I'd like to see this hypothetical new Luke Cage. A mass conversion of criminals into crime fighters would give some neat synergy options.
I guess that direction I was talking about would have to look something like this as a base:

Quote:
THUNDERBOLTS PROGRAM
At the start of the game, choose up to [#] Unique Heroes you control with the class of Creature, Criminal, ______, or Terrorist and place a gray Nanite Marker on each of their Army Cards. A Unique Hero you control with a Nanite Marker on its card has the class of Crime Fighter instead of what is listed on its card.

NANITE RESTRAINT
If an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of a figure with one of your Nanite Markers on its card, you may instead remove an unrevealed Order Marker from this card.
But that would have to be expanded a little bit, since Songbird and Kick-Ass synergy is all the Crime Fighter recruitment does. Not enough to be a design hook by itself. He'd have to be providing some benefit (either added to the end of Thunderbolts Program, or in its own separate power, with Nanite Restraint as part of Thunderbolts Program).

Not sure if I still want to do the bonding that the current version has - might want him doing something a little different, so that he and Songbird were providing different benefits to the Crime Fighters.
Old September 12th, 2018, 09:16 AM

Just a side question, would the Dark Avengers be receiving the Charlatan class as well. Considering you have the whole hidden identity thing going again. Ex. Bullseye is Hawkeye, Daken is Wolverine, Venom is Spiderman etc.
Old September 12th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
Just a side question, would the Dark Avengers be receiving the Charlatan class as well. Considering you have the whole hidden identity thing going again. Ex. Bullseye is Hawkeye, Daken is Wolverine, Venom is Spiderman etc.
I believe that's the plan. I think there's meant to be plenty of room to expand the Charlatan class beyond the original Thunderbolts (Dark Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Ragnarok etc.).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy