Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 21st, 2011, 03:29 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 04/21/11 (4 Maps, +REAL Pics)

Hehehe. You're too funny.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:25 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

Just a note: 'Crumble' contains a build error that renders the map unable to be built using just a single TT set. I came across this issue this past weekend as I tried to put the map together for a HS session. I will fix this in the next day or two and then update the PDF.

Edit: PDF updated. Build set should be good now, with only changes make to the way the ice / snow was setup inside the castle structure. These changes are VERY minor.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Last edited by Nadi; April 26th, 2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM

Ok, the first page of the this thread is now up-to-date, with ALL released maps now correctly listed in the correct 'set' listings on page 1.

I also listed one additional maps as well:

Garland's Plaza - 2RotV, 4RttFF, 2TJ
Spoiler Alert!

This now catches me up on this thread completely, with only those few maps that are 'unreleased' at this point still pending. I may take the new day or two and try to fix some of those that had some build issues, which have kept me from releasing them as part of the SHS archives. I need to FINISH that project once and for all...

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old April 28th, 2011, 01:49 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 04/29/11 (Pg 1. + 1 New Map)

Well met!

Just a note to let you know I've "borrowed" your map, Open The Floodgates, for Stormy Weather!, the scenario I designed for the Gang of Four's next gathering (link below).

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1758
Old April 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM

Thanks so much! I feel very honored to have one of my maps in use at one of your gatherings. I haven't had a chance to play on it yet, but I hope to get around to building this one in the near future. (My sister wants to play it more than anyone. Hahahah.) If you take pics, be sure to post them. I always love to see what the 'real world' builds look like. I've started doing this myself with the maps that I build.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old April 28th, 2011, 03:19 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi View Post
Thanks so much! I feel very honored to have one of my maps in use at one of your gatherings. I haven't had a chance to play on it yet, but I hope to get around to building this one in the near future. (My sister wants to play it more than anyone. Hahahah.) If you take pics, be sure to post them. I always love to see what the 'real world' builds look like. I've started doing this myself with the maps that I build.
You are very welcome. I can't tell from the picture; are double-spaced figures too disadvantaged on this map?
Old April 28th, 2011, 03:32 PM

On most maps like this, yes... but I think this one could be an exception. I usually try to use Krug as a good baseline for trying to determine if double-hex are going to have a hard time. Obviously, flying characters have it a little easier (though, wing-span can get them in a bind trying to fit in the small spaces) but this one is open enough in the middle (and not too staggered) that even Krug could probably move around on this map and still be able to join in the action. If you are concerned about size and movement, you can always take out those '15' sized trees and that opens up the sides a lot more, giving ample room for them to move around and move to the middle.

If there is one thing I probably suffer from, is trying to make as many maps as I can cramped and tight. I'm a big fan of trying to use your characters in strategic positioning, where determining where you are going (or HAVE to go) is more critical than who or what you are shooting at. So, the more LOS blocking you have going on, the more important this becomes.

But, the drawback is that it DOES provide a challenge for larger characters... so, I'm always struggling to try to find some sort of balance in the middle... More often than not, I don't hit the mark quite where I wanted to be to start.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old April 29th, 2011, 05:55 PM

Well, in an effort to try and get those last remaining maps released (more like... FIXED), I have discovered that I have LOST more maps. *sigh* I though I had them stored away so I could fix them when I got ready, but it appears that the location in which I thought they were stored... did NOT have them.

There is no telling what happened to them... This upsets me. So, maps like Dagmire's Keep, Elebar Gate, Vendeel's Keep, and a few others are now 'perm-a-lost', unless I can find them somewhere. I'm gonna keep them listed on the Codex, in an effort that I can run across them. Bah, that is upsetting.

I did manage to find ONE, however, that I fixed. It is:

Scatter Path - 2RotV, 2RttFF, 1FotA
Spoiler Alert!

That one had some errors in them that had to be corrected.

I also have a few others ones to post before the weekend gets here... maybe I'll get lucky and get to Scape some this weekend! *WOOT!*

Freeze-Tag - 1SotM, 1BftU, 1TJ
Spoiler Alert!

Shivers Up My Spine - 2BftU, 1TT, 1FotA
Spoiler Alert!

Vault of Splendor - 4RotV, 2BftU, 4RtFF, 1TT, 2FotA
Spoiler Alert!

Vault is probably one of my more recent 'big builds' that I've done since last year. It turned out completely different from what my original idea was (about 90% of my maps do...), but I kind of liked it in the end. This one could support 4 teams pretty easily. I might have to build this one next...

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:48 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 04/30/11 (3 New / 1 Re-issue)

Vault of splendor looks like a lot of fun. Wish I had a 'scape room where I could build it and leave it for a few weeks to play a couple of games on.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:45 PM

Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 04/30/11 (3 New / 1 Re-issue)

If it wasn't for a broken ping-pong table, we'd probably have no place to put these either. LOL.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi View Post

Vault of Splendor - 4RotV, 2BftU, 4RtFF, 1TT, 2FotA
Spoiler Alert!

Vault is probably one of my more recent 'big builds' that I've done since last year. It turned out completely different from what my original idea was (about 90% of my maps do...), but I kind of liked it in the end. This one could support 4 teams pretty easily. I might have to build this one next...
Well met!

Wow! I really like this one! I'm tempted to replace Open the Floodgates with it.
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Just a note to let you know I've "borrowed" your map, Open The Floodgates, for Stormy Weather!, the scenario I designed for the Gang of Four's next gathering (link below).

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1758
You'll notice that I haven't replaced it with Vault of Splendor. However, also note that I am replacing all the Rock tiles with Dungeon, and adding Shadow, and maybe some Jungle.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios