Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 26th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Tom Vasel's son has passed away...

I saw this vid on his channel soon after it was put up. . Very tragic and I wish him and his family strength and the best of wishes. Hopefully we could do something for him at Totalcon, if he is still attending.
Old January 26th, 2011, 08:16 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Our hearts and prayers go out to you, Tom.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:50 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

I'm really not all that familiar with Tom Vasel or what he does, but from what I have seen, he and his family are stellar people who would never deserve for this to happen in a million years.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Tom, and I hope that the fact the entire community is thinking, praying, and crying for you and your family brings a small amount of condolence.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My son and I sat and watched the tribute video yesterday. He knows who Tom is, because anytime we have watched a review on a game, he makes me play the die falling down the tower several times. He gets such a kick out of that and giggles like crazy. He thought Jack was so cute and then I explained what happened and we both sat there and cried. Our prayers go with Tom and his family.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old January 27th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Oh man, that is really horrible. GOD bless and comfort the Vasels. This is ery very sad.
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I read the whole thread over on BGG yesterday, and it was completely heartbreaking. I had to hug my kids a lot when I got home. You have our deepest condolences!
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I saw this vid on his channel soon after it was put up. . Very tragic and I wish him and his family strength and the best of wishes. Hopefully we could do something for him at Totalcon, if he is still attending.
That would be a nice idea.

Old January 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

I can't begin to verbalize condolences for the depths of emotional turmoil he must be going through. Tom, if you need to talk, I am sure there are many here, myself included, who would be glad to lend an ear.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:38 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I hadn't heard about this, but I've seen Tom's work, and he's a great guy.

I'm so sorry for your loss! I'll lend a prayer your way!
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:51 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sad to hear about this. I feel like I know their family better than many I live right next door to.

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:46 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

It's such a sad thing to even think about, and it's hard to accept that someone so awesome had to experience it first hand. I'm sorry Tom.
Old January 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For my first five years on this site, I never had a sig. There was just nothing I felt was important or cool enough that I wanted to say it over and over again, with every post I made. Then Tom Vasel did his amazing series of videos on Heroscape, and that changed.

So for this person, who I'm never met, whom I've never spoken to, whom I've never even exchanged a post with online, to go through such a tragedy, makes me deeply sad. I hope he knows how much what he does touches the lives of other people, and I hope that that good kharma or positive energy or blessings or whatever you believe it is will come back to him, as best it can, and help him and comfort him, as best it can, now and in the future.

It will be inadequate.

But it is all we can do.

Take care, Tom Vasel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General