Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 10th, 2007, 11:21 AM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
AE are an awesome unit. I've wiped vast portions of an opponents army with jus the AE alone. They are almost guaranteed 4 attack if you can drop in the first rounder or 2 (height bonus + 3 base attack)
Old April 10th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I played my first castle set up today, and used about all my pieces (it was somewhere like 2,500 pts. in the castle vs. 3,500 pts. for the attackers with a castle made of about 2 sets worth of pieces). Anyway, long story short, AE dropped first turn of the game, won initiative, and took out 10 figures bunched up in their starting zones with the grenade special attack, including all three Nakitas, and wounded several others. Then they turned their attention to Braxas, who wiped them out with his acid breath by the end of the round.
Still, well worth their 110 points - they really thinned the ranks, letting my four squads of KoW and their champion companions charge right to the door and bust it down.
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie1018
They're one of my favorite units in the game. I pick them 95% of the time. You can't beat a 4 activation squad with a 3 attack. Most of the time you can roll 4 attack die because it's really easy to get on height.

But these two game really made me so mad lmao
The more often you draft them the more likely you are to suffer from the "no drop syndrome"
Are you talking about this?
Exactly how long have you been waiting to use that joke?

When I read Grungebob's post I thought he was making that same joke at first. I did this: Then I reread it. I decided I just had to drop that same joke, so I went over to wikipedia for a quick search.
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I played my first castle set up today, and used about all my pieces (it was somewhere like 2,500 pts. in the castle vs. 3,500 pts. for the attackers with a castle made of about 2 sets worth of pieces). Anyway, long story short, AE dropped first turn of the game, won initiative, and took out 10 figures bunched up in their starting zones with the grenade special attack, including all three Nakitas, and wounded several others. Then they turned their attention to Braxas, who wiped them out with his acid breath by the end of the round.
Still, well worth their 110 points - they really thinned the ranks, letting my four squads of KoW and their champion companions charge right to the door and bust it down.
How long does a game take with those huge armies?
Old April 11th, 2007, 02:45 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
A loooooong time, but It's more fun than you'd ever beleive. That's just a bit bigger than some of the games I've played. However, when playing games that large, I usually find it more useful to play like this:
1)Draft 2000 point armies
2)Choose a 500 point starter army.
3)Starting at the end of round three, you may roll for reinforcements once per round. On a roll of 1-5, you failed to receive reinforcements. On a roll of 6-10, You receive 100 points of reinforcements. on a roll of 11-15, you receive 200 points of reinforcements. On a roll of 16-19, you receive 300 points of reinforcements. On a roll of 20, you receive 500 points of reinforcements

This prevents you from having tons of figs that never get used and are killed before getting a chance.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old April 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM

bigeddie1018 has disabled reputation
Just an update

I played 2 games yesterday and kept faith in the AE and it paid off a lot wiping out a bunch of figures
Old April 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
How long does a game take with those huge armies?
Hard to say ... haven't finished that one yet! Um, a while though, for sure.
Old April 11th, 2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
A loooooong time, but It's more fun than you'd ever beleive. That's just a bit bigger than some of the games I've played. However, when playing games that large, I usually find it more useful to play like this:
1)Draft 2000 point armies
2)Choose a 500 point starter army.
3)Starting at the end of round three, you may roll for reinforcements once per round. On a roll of 1-5, you failed to receive reinforcements. On a roll of 6-10, You receive 100 points of reinforcements. on a roll of 11-15, you receive 200 points of reinforcements. On a roll of 16-19, you receive 300 points of reinforcements. On a roll of 20, you receive 500 points of reinforcements

This prevents you from having tons of figs that never get used and are killed before getting a chance.
That's a great idea, Drake. I definitely do suffer from the "figures get killed before ever being used" syndrome with armies this large. Also, the Castle defense hasn't been very effective simply because it was too hard to fit most of the figures behind the castle walls to begin with.
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:17 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: About to smash Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie1018
Just finished two games in a row. Probably had about a combined 20 turns and not once did my Airbourne Elite drop.

I was rolling 14s 16s and 20s for initiative but could not get the 13 to place them on the board.

Of course I lost both games
When I first read this I thought you were saying that you thought you had to roll exactly a 13 for the drop, which isn't the case. So, I'm writing this to fill the space where I had previously corrected your mistake, which turned out to be MY mistake! ....never mind....
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:12 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Hard luck. Sometimes you just don't get the luck of the dice you need.
I have had some bad luck but nothing as bad as you. Better luck next time.
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
I think one thing that people have a problem with is "gambler's fallacy". I've seen some folks on here that are very smart people say that the more times you roll the more chance you have of success. That is absolutely false. If you roll a d20 1 or 100 times, the chance for success resets each time.

This is called gambler's fallacy because folks continue to throw down money thinking that since they have lost so much theyhave to win soon.

The only truth in the statement is that if you keep rolling the die you have a chance. Where if you don't...then your success rate does drop dramatically .

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old April 12th, 2007, 09:04 AM

Hedge Knight Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
I think one thing that people have a problem with is "gambler's fallacy". I've seen some folks on here that are very smart people say that the more times you roll the more chance you have of success. That is absolutely false. If you roll a d20 1 or 100 times, the chance for success resets each time.

This is called gambler's fallacy because folks continue to throw down money thinking that since they have lost so much theyhave to win soon.

The only truth in the statement is that if you keep rolling the die you have a chance. Where if you don't...then your success rate does drop dramatically .

Adam
...darn. Now that you say it, it's obvious.

I am guilty of spreading this fallacy. Thanks though for saying that even smart people can beleive this. That makes me feel a little better.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units