Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 10th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Braxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksisu11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Good point! The Einar Imperium are even more expensive than the Tagawa Samurai. Then again, I think that those units generally hate a lot of stuff, too... Three defense just sounds painful when they cost that much, and Kiova can only help that so much.

It's nice to remember that plenty of other stuff hates Braxas, too, though.
The Einar Imperium are crap, far too fragile for what they cost - the CUC version is the only one worth bothering with most of the time. She's great at shredding Sentinels and Minions, though, especially since those guys are really hard to fell with regular attacks. Also great for killing the Krav at range.
I've seen a lot of people reference the CUC version. What does it stand for and do you have a link to the card? Just curious cause I would love to make some more units more competitive!
Not played it that much - The Einar Imperium and Tagawa Samurai Archers were the last official units I added to my collection, which was a while ago, and I've generally played more C3G than Classic since then, though I wish I played more Classic. I can say, though, that the one time I used them they were really fun, really useful but didn't feel like an overpowered, dominant force - honestly, they felt about on the level of the other three, actually good kyrie squads. A price drop to get them to a vaguely reasonable level and a defence bonus vs. range to give them a chance to close the distance really help. Here's the card.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 10th, 2017, 01:24 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good point! The Einar Imperium are even more expensive than the Tagawa Samurai. Then again, I think that those units generally hate a lot of stuff, too... Three defense just sounds painful when they cost that much, and Kiova can only help that so much.

The Einar Imperium are crap, far too fragile for what they cost - the CUC version is the only one worth bothering with most of the time. She's great at shredding Sentinels and Minions, though, especially since those guys are really hard to fell with regular attacks. Also great for killing the Krav at range.
I've seen a lot of people reference the CUC version. What does it stand for and do you have a link to the card? Just curious cause I would love to make some more units more competitive!
The CUC is the Competitive Unit Congress. They're an older group that made tweaks to the weaker cards (i.e. those who wouldn't do well in tourneys) either by changing abilities, adding abilities, or dropping cost. (And raising the cost of Rats lol) You can find all of their main thread here.
Old December 10th, 2017, 02:39 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Competitive Unit Congress version of the Einar Imperium essentially drops the cost to 110 points like most Kyrie squads and gives them Evasive 2, that way they can potentially survive for longer and actually deal some damage before being shot down.

That and the massive point decrease look like they'd make the units far more usable. The CUC also made edits of a lot of other cards, but they've unfortunately ceased operating a while ago. There are still plenty of cards they did release revisions of, though!
Old March 23rd, 2019, 12:27 PM
Scapecon 2022 Main Event Champion

Evantage is surprisingly tart

Hey Friends,
Read the book and didn't see this asked, does Braxas have issues targeting the hexes directly behind her? I know almost every attack targeting an engaged figure does not require line of sight, but Braxas breath not being an attack but a power would make me think she does not benefit from the "no line of sight needed on engaged figures" rule. Depending on the figure, I bet the three adjacent hexes in a semi circle behind her lack line of sight.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 02:38 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

You're correct that she can't ignore Line of Sight for her power even if the figures are engaged. However, since it's not an attack she doesn't have to target them first (like Nilfheim would); also, she's free to "flip" on her hexes during her move (even a move of 0) without leaving engagement. So I don't think it'll matter often if at all, but it's something to think about!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 13th, 2021, 05:10 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

IMO, Braxas is by far the scariest Hero In HeroScape to me, bar none. All you have to do is roll an 8.... AN 8! And you insta-kill any Squaddie within 4 spaces of her. No skulls necessary. Just an 8 or higher, and your precious high defense squaddies get their faces melted off... Her 3 defense balances her out thankfully, but with 8 life and properly supported, this dragon makes the toughest figures run for the hills and hope to God they packed range when she glances in their direction!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units