Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old March 28th, 2011, 05:48 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic:The Gathering

Thanks guys, I think that gave me the answer(s) I was looking for. I got some bday money that is burning a hole and basically was wondering if it was worth it to buy some older stuff from CSI.

No idea if we'll get to play but bring your decks with you (ScapeMage and Mombo) to BatB IV. I think I need a proper beat down (or 2) in order see some of the possibilities that are out there.

-insert signature here-
Old March 28th, 2011, 05:50 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Thanks guys, I think that gave me the answer(s) I was looking for. I got some bday money that is burning a hole and basically was wondering if it was worth it to buy some older stuff from CSI.

No idea if we'll get to play but bring your decks with you (ScapeMage and Mombo) to BatB IV. I think I need a proper beat down (or 2) in order see some of the possibilities that are out there.
Will do. Which deck would you like to face?

Vampires
Infect
Battle Cry
+1/+1 Counters (not too good)
Burn
Draw/Mill
Landfall

???

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:01 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

It won't matter, my deck of sludge will most likely get ruined by any of them. Bring the one that will give you the most satisfaction in my defeat.

-insert signature here-
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
It won't matter, my deck of sludge will most likely get ruined by any of them. Bring the one that will give you the most satisfaction in my defeat.
Eh...
I'll bring the won that I have the most fun with - Landfall.

prepare yourself for a 22/22 with First Strike.

Old March 28th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how some of these high power/toughness totals are accomplished so early in the game.

-insert signature here-
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:13 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how some of these high power/toughness totals are accomplished so early in the game.
High power and toughness isn't necessarily a good thing, remember numbers work to your advantage.

If a dude throws someone who's a 22/22 First Strike, all I need to do is Arrest/Doom Blade/Anatomist him. Problem solved.

As an example of how fast a deck can be, with the right hand...

Turn 1: Land, Signal Pest, Memnite, Memnite, Memnite (4 in a starting hand would be impossible, 3 very, very rare...but using it for the sake of argument)
Turn 2: Land, Accorder Paladin, Swing for 6
Turn 3: Land, Galvanic Blast (4), Lightning Bolt (7), Swing for 14...Tada!

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:35 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Like you guys said, there are Vintage decks that can go a lot faster.

A ridiculous example...

Turn 1: Play a Red/Black land, then that red instant that lets you put out 2 1/1 Gobiln tokens
Turn 2: Island, Dark Ritual/Black Lotus, Polymorph, Big Ridiculous Creature or something like Wanderline Prophets. Game over.

Then there's those old Blue decks that just drew a bunch of cards and untapped their lands to get a stupid combo to win turn 1.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; March 28th, 2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: I want to Polymorph the Big Furry Monster
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:40 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Like you guys said, there are Vintage decks that can go a lot faster.

A ridiculous example...

Turn 1: Play a Red/Black land, then that red instant that lets you put out 2 1/1 Gobiln tokens
Turn 2: Island, Dark Ritual/Black Lotus, Polymorph, Big Ridiculous Creature or something like Wanderline Prophets. Game over.
One of the most impressive "fast" decks I played against back in the day was a classic red burn-deck. There's not much that's less fun than getting hit by a Ball Lightning on first and second turn, then finished off on turn four due to Sol Rings, Moxes and Lightning Bolt/Fireball.

Wow, that actually made me feel a bit nostalgic about MTG. Been a while...

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:42 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about:

Black Lotus
Plains
Mox Pearl
Mox Sapphire
Auriok Salvagers
Pyrite Spellbomb

Use the Lotus and Plains to cast the Salvagers, use the Pearl and Sapphire to return the Lotus to your hand, use the Lotus for White mana, use two white to return the Lotus to your hand, repeat until you have a million white mana and a million red mana, Recure the Pyrite Spellbomb 10 times to do 20 damage to your opponant.

First turn, 6 card win lol.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:48 PM

Sorry, any mentoin of Black Lotus makes me not want to play you.

I don't have a 22/22, I make a 22/22 with Landfall.

Old March 28th, 2011, 08:55 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post

Sorry, we are talking about Vintage, how can you not mention Black Lotus?

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old March 28th, 2011, 09:42 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post

Sorry, we are talking about Vintage, how can you not mention Black Lotus?
Do you actually have a Black Lotus?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games