Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 24th, 2011, 04:57 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Greetings,

Got in a single game(so far) of LotR:LCG today. Still working my way through each individual deck playing them solo on the first scenario. I'm on the Leadership deck and for the 2nd time I was able to score a win with this one. It's the only single starter deck I've been able to win with. Today I got luck and brought out Faramir early which gives a +1 lore to each character on the quest.

Then I found an absolutely sweet combination card. I had 2 sneak attack cards in my hand and a Gandalf. Sneak attack costs 1 to play and you can put an ally into play from your hand. So it's basically a 1 cost Gandalf, which dealt the remaining 4 damage to Ungoliant's Spawn to win me the game.

What is nice is at the end of the 'phase' according to Sneak Attack that Ally Card goes back into your hand if it is still alive. So Gandalf would have gone back into my hand, and since I had another one I could have used it again during the same round for another 4 auto points of damage. Pretty sweet eh?

- Raider30
Old December 24th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Gaming at the in-laws today.

Whoonu
Carcassonne
LotR: LCG x 2

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 25th, 2011, 12:42 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Gave my sister Settlers of Catan for Christmas. Got to play it right away, and she won her first game! And she liked it!

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 25th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
Greetings,

Got in a single game(so far) of LotR:LCG today. Still working my way through each individual deck playing them solo on the first scenario. I'm on the Leadership deck and for the 2nd time I was able to score a win with this one. It's the only single starter deck I've been able to win with. Today I got luck and brought out Faramir early which gives a +1 lore to each character on the quest.

Then I found an absolutely sweet combination card. I had 2 sneak attack cards in my hand and a Gandalf. Sneak attack costs 1 to play and you can put an ally into play from your hand. So it's basically a 1 cost Gandalf, which dealt the remaining 4 damage to Ungoliant's Spawn to win me the game.

What is nice is at the end of the 'phase' according to Sneak Attack that Ally Card goes back into your hand if it is still alive. So Gandalf would have gone back into my hand, and since I had another one I could have used it again during the same round for another 4 auto points of damage. Pretty sweet eh?

- Raider30
Yeah, the Sneak Attack and Gandalf combo is pretty sweet!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 25th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Gaming with the family today -

Kingdom Builder
TtR: Nordic Countries x 2
LotR: LCG x 2

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 26th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played the Wizard expansion of Castle Panic last night. I think it is fantastic. The new mega bosses are tough, but we got lucky with the Hammer of Light card that slays 1 monster in the Forest ring. We got it early and waited for the first mega, turned out to be Chimera and slayed it. Reshuffled the Wizard deck and got it again to slay the Dragon this time. We ended up winning with only a flaming Wizard tower left. Great addition to an already good game.
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:52 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Holiday gaming:

Last Thursday I caught up with some old friends and got in some games. First, I introduced the guy I used to play a ton of Heroscape with to Summoner Wars. Unfortunately, it was the day BEFORE I got the Master Set, but we got in three great games with the original factions.

After that, another friend stopped by and we got in about a half dozen games of Yomi. I won them all, but I don't think it was ever with more than 10 life remaining. One game I had to turtle with the fish guy and nearly got taken down with chip damage. Also, managed to land the rock man's 50 damage, 4 Ace super, which is always pretty satisfying.

We did an early Christmas on Friday and my wife got my Sorry! Sliders which we played several rounds of. We only just got into aggressively knocking around other players' pieces at the end, but it was a ton of fun.
Old December 26th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Just got Feast and Famine from my father-in-law and his wife. They have a tendency to give board games that are religious themed with bad to worse game play. Basically along the lines of Go Fish with a religious theme. When I saw that it was a game I was kind of bummed, but this one looked pretty nice. It looks nice at the very least. A huge step up in quality from previous games. At worst I was thinking that it looked good enough to make up a game using the components if the game was a stinker, but the game play is actually pretty good.

It's a two part game (or can be played as two separate games) using the theme of the 7 years of plenty and the 7 years of famine from the Old Testament. During the "Feast" part of the game you take turns buying 6 categories of food items. You collect Pharaoh's Medallions for each row or column (a column is one of each type or a row is about 12 of an individual type). After 7 rounds you switch to the "Famine" part where you use the medallions to bid on cards representing Joseph's family members you are trying to save from the famine, with the backs color coded by mother. Family members are worth points based on birth order with Benjamin worth 12. Try to bid on face down cards to collect the most points for the win. It's simple, it plays quick, and it's pretty fun. Much better than I expected.
Old December 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Finally got to play something tonight...FRAG from Steve Jackson Games...not much depth and the rules are a little wonky..but it is crazy stupid fun.
Old December 26th, 2011, 11:12 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Got a few games of Settlers of Catan in recently, as well as 7 Wonders today.

Hoping to have some of my gaming friends over to try out Kingdom Builder and Dungeon Run soon, my family isn't as interested in those.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 26th, 2011, 11:35 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

I played a couple hours worth of hands of The Great Dalmuti with my family on Christmas Eve. It was new to all but me and seemed to be a big hit. It is nice that it plays up to eight without problem, as we have a large number of possible players.

I also have been enjoying Neuroshima Hex on the iPod touch. This is a board game I had always wanted to try and when I saw it was $2.99 for the electronic version, I decided it would be a good way to try it out. I really enjoy it so far. The easy AI was not tough, but the medium has proven a good challenge. I'll definitely need improvement before I can try out the hard AI. I think I've played it six times over the last two days.
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:32 AM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

In the last few days we have played:

Dixit x3
Likewise x6
Frank's Zoo x3
Survive x2

Mostly family party games but thats what I expect during the Holiday season. Lots of fun though.

Has anyone on here played either of these 2 football games:
Pizza Box Football
1st & Goal

If so please post or send me a PM telling me your likes and dislikes about either game. Thanks

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games