Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 11th, 2011, 05:01 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker
Aquilla knight custom.

Hi there everyone,

I've started my first custom figure!
he's a knight for Aquilla, as the name suggests. I'm using a random knight figure I found in my attic, he looks more suited to Jandar, but my Aquilla forces are a bit thin on the ground at the moment, so I figure they could use a nice powerful hero.

my initial stat ides are:
Sir Berylblade
life: 7
Move:6
Range: 1
Attack: 6
Defense: 5

Human
Unique hero
Knight
Valiant
Large 6

Special powers:
Mithril Armour
When rolling defense dice, add 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

Golden gantlets of aquilla
all figures adjacent to Sir berylblade who you control who follow aquilla add 1 to their attack and defense dice and 2 to all d20 rolls

I called him Sir Berylblade because all his armour and sword are light blue, and generally aquilla heroes have compound names (forgehammer, Ironwill and dragonspine)

Please give any feedback, it all helps!

thanks in advance,
Samthegoat

Last edited by samthegoat; August 11th, 2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added name
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:15 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Re: Aquilla knight custom.

He's worth more around 240 points. 2 auto shields, 5 defense? Squads can't really even touch him anymore. All adjacent figures get +1 attack and defense? Bring in Sujoah! Add 2 to die rolls? Once again, Sujoah and Brave Arrow is just an a**hole to kill. Nice design but WAY undercosted. Good job!

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:46 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

I did think after I'd posted he was way to cheap, I think around 220, equal to TKN, because 'golden gauntlets' isnt to powerful for me, as I barely have any aquilla.

samthegoat
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:50 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
I did think after I'd posted he was way to cheap, I think around 220, equal to TKN, because 'golden gauntlets' isnt to powerful for me, as I barely have any aquilla.

samthegoat
However it's VERY powerful for those of us with Aquilla.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:35 PM

I only have wave 9 Aquilla, the wyvern, the blue wyrmling, forgehammer and ambershard, oh and dragonspine, so you can see why they'd need a boost, and a big one at that!
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:42 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart

You are only missing 5 of Aquillas units?

stingers>everything else
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:02 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Lose the Mithril armor! 2 auto-shields is already really good, but on top of 5 defense?! And 7 lives?! Think about trying to kill him with an attack of three, a pretty average number. You have to roll a skull on every die just to get past the Mithril armor, and then he has to whiff on 5 defense dice (or possibly even more w/height or *shudder* Raelin) for you to wound him. And that's just one wound out of seven! Even above average attacks like 4, 5, and 6 are going to have an almost impossible time punching through one wound. And, as stated above, think about using him with Raelin, or a viking spirit! Giving him some defensive capabilities is fine, but two auto-shields (or even one IMO) plus five defense is too much. Off the top of my head, giving him four defense + one shield defense is a much more balanced option, but still very good.

I'm going to disagree w/MrWookiee here and say that Golden Gauntlets are just fine! Getting Aquilla units adjacent w/out any bonding (with Aquilla units) isn't going to be easy anyway, so the adjacency boost isn't a big deal.

My advice would be to tone down his defensive capabilities and life (quite a bit!), then reduce his price by about 90 pts. That way you have a solid bonding option for the knights with some Aquilla synergy mixed in.

I like the general idea you've got here, and with some changes to his defensive capabilities, you have yourself a nice custom! Keep up the good work.
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:57 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderball68 View Post
Lose the Mithril armor! 2 auto-shields is already really good, but on top of 5 defense?! And 7 lives?! Think about trying to kill him with an attack of three, a pretty average number. You have to roll a skull on every die just to get past the Mithril armor, and then he has to whiff on 5 defense dice (or possibly even more w/height or *shudder* Raelin) for you to wound him. And that's just one wound out of seven! Even above average attacks like 4, 5, and 6 are going to have an almost impossible time punching through one wound. And, as stated above, think about using him with Raelin, or a viking spirit! Giving him some defensive capabilities is fine, but two auto-shields (or even one IMO) plus five defense is too much. Off the top of my head, giving him four defense + one shield defense is a much more balanced option, but still very good.
I am with WB68, the Mithril Armor (as it is now)needs to go.
A figure receiving one auto-shield is equivalent to rolling 3 defense dice (you have a 1/3 chance of rolling a shield on one die which means, statistically, if you roll 3 dice you should roll at least one shield) so 2 auto-shields is like having a 6 defense. This on top of his 5 defense gives him an effective whopping 11 defense without any boosts.

There are some things a high point cost can't fix and 2 auto-shields, 5 defense, and 7 life is probably one of those things.

A figure with 3 defense and 1 auto-shield and 5 life would have plenty of longevity without needing a huge cost.

I would also say that for a knight, he has a really high movement. Bumping him down to 5 Move would probably be more fitting for a unique hero knight (I am assuming he is wearing plate mail armor).

It is always good to see more knights waging battle in Valhalla
Old August 12th, 2011, 01:19 PM

Hi there everyone,
I've made a few changes to the stats and special powers, so here's the new cards info:

Sir Berylblade
Aquilla

Life: 7
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 6
Defence: 4

Human
Unique Hero
Knight
Valiant
Large 6

Mithril Armour
When rolling defence dice, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Golden Gauntlets of Aquilla
All figures adjacent to Sir Berylblade who you control who follow Aquilla add 1 to their attack and defense dice and 2 to all 20-sided die rolls.

any thoughts on Berylblade v2 much welcome.

thanks in advance,
samthegoat

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards