Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 14th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: killercactus' maps - update 3/14

I really like Gornak wasteland because of the LoS blockers, but I cant tell what the glpyh in the middle is.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: killercactus' maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander GD View Post
They look nice! In the future though, could you zoom in more though? I am having some trouble seeing the details of them map (it may just be my computer though)
Yeah - I've been playing heroscape for a long time, but I'm very new to VS. I'm just learning how to get some better pictures.

Underground Oasis has some much nicer images for it linked on it's download page. I'll try to get them up on the front page.

EDIT: Done
kc, one of the things that may help you get some better closeup shots is to remove the tabletop that the map rests upon when you render the 3D image. If you go into "configuration" (along the top as one of the drop down menu choices)and then to "preferences", you will see a box in the upper right hand corner that says "Show table top".

Unclick that and then render your 3D image. You'll end up with a lot closer map view and sometimes you can get a really nice angle of your map without having that tabletop in the way.

Hope that helps.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:27 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
I really like Gornak wasteland because of the LoS blockers, but I cant tell what the glpyh in the middle is.
It's Wannok. I almost made it something really strong like Jalgard, but I just don't like using that glyph, even if it's really tough to get to.

Wannok is strong enough that it should bring some players there.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:24 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: killercactus' maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
I really like The Dugerth swamp remix I never got why it was in RotV and not SotM.
Probably just because SotM didn't exist when it was first made. I like it a lot better with the swamp and jungle terrain. I made that one especially for my Betrayals of Utgar campaign (which I've been really slacking on - darn tax season).

Also, thanks for the VS tip, rym - I'll be trying that!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:42 AM

Just wanted to link my small battle report on Underground Oasis - it was a really fun map to play and presented some interesting challenges.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 28th, 2010, 08:07 PM

Re: killercactus' maps - update 3/28/10!

I added 2 maps to the front page today - Elien's Magma Cave and Oldin's Hall. I just need to make a map for Sneeks' Hideout, and I'll have one for each SW faction. I'm thinking SotM + BtfU + TJ for Sneeks' place.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 28th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice Summoner War maps for the Summoners.

I also noticed you took out the tabletop in the display for Oldin's Hall and Elien's Magma Cave.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 29th, 2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
I also noticed you took out the tabletop in the display for Oldin's Hall and Elien's Magma Cave.
Yes - good call. That did make it easier to get some better pics. Thanks!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 29th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
3/28/2010
Elien's Magma Cave (1x BtfU, 2x VW)

I'm excited about trying this map out. The glyph of Brandar is a special glyph, the glyph of Lava Resistance, which reads:

Lava Resistance
When you control the glyph, all figures you control not standing on a glyph never roll for Lava Field or Molten Lava damage.
This map is beyond awesome! It forces you to fight for height on the lava, and to go to the glyph to gain Lava Resistence!

MegaSilver
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:53 PM

I just realized that I could actually use 6 more shadow hexes on Elien's Magma Cave. The left side (to the player) is pretty much devoid of any safe shadow spaces - I might add a couple more in there.

EDIT - done. Added 3 more Shadow tiles spaced out on the left side of the map leading to the center, so now there are a couple of safe spaces no matter which road you take. I think I'm more excited about this map than any I've made so far, and I can't even build it (only own VW x1).

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; March 30th, 2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:36 PM

Re: killercactus' maps-4/20/2010: Dune Buggy & Decline of Si

Update with 2 new maps - Dune Buggy and Decline of Sight!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 21st, 2010, 08:39 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: killercactus' maps-4/20/2010: Dune Buggy & Decline of Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Update with 2 new maps - Dune Buggy and Decline of Sight!
Dune Buggy's link doesn't work. It looks cool as it is but I want a closer look.

MegaSilver

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios