Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 14th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Re: Gen Con Exclusive 2008 revealed by WotC

Too bad Laglor isn't 'Tricky' like his Gorillanator kin..... That would be a FUN combination.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Edit: I meant to post this in books the thread.
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:45 PM

49ers Woo who?

Anybody else thoroughly disappointed by the extremely limited number of Agent Skahens given away at the WOTC counter. Last year I was able wait in line to get Swarm of the Marro (~30min.) then go and get my Woo. They ran out this year in less than five minutes. I went directly back to the WOTC counter when the doors opened and still didnt get one (was in line when they announced they were out for the day). I go every year on Thursday just for this figure so I dont have to buy it off of ebay. Big turn off for me. Plus it didnt appear as though they were stamping badges.
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:02 PM

ReverendBayes is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers View Post
Anybody else thoroughly disappointed by the extremely limited number of Agent Skahens given away at the WOTC counter. Last year I was able wait in line to get Swarm of the Marro (~30min.) then go and get my Woo. They ran out this year in less than five minutes. I went directly back to the WOTC counter when the doors opened and still didnt get one (was in line when they announced they were out for the day). I go every year on Thursday just for this figure so I dont have to buy it off of ebay. Big turn off for me. Plus it didnt appear as though they were stamping badges.
Wow. This is very disappointing. I hope things quickly revert to last year's form (~500 promos given out per day on first come first serve basis, with badge stamping).

If not, many of us who sent "messengers" to pick one up will be out of luck.

Uncertainty: Something you can always count on.
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:05 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The box that Bistro is holding says 250 pcs. Did anyone get a count of how many of those boxes there were?

Also WotCPaul said they were holding out a batch of them to be distribuetd through other means, so there's hope yet, even if they don't give out tons at Gencon.
Old August 14th, 2008, 04:29 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Is it really so difficult to make your own?!

I'm thinking 'no'.....

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old August 14th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Have you tried to find an Agents and Glads booster? Oh wait...

Old August 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM

49ers Woo who?

All I know is they went fast. The lady said they would have more tomorrow but it would be only one box a day. As I said it took way less than five minutes since I was waiting to get in at the closest entrance to WOTC's booth and I went straight there. Of course my only reason for going to GenCon is to get the exclusive and this is the only day I was going so nothing for me. Not to mention that if this is truly going to be the only way to get them (other than playing in an event) then the price on ebay will unfortunately be ridiculously high. I was honestly furious after I found out they were out. Whether it is right or wrong to feel that way about a free promo is another issue, but regardless that is the way I felt.
Old August 14th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't blame you for being disappointed.

Old August 14th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
All I know is they went fast. The lady said they would have more tomorrow but it would be only one box a day. As I said it took way less than five minutes since I was waiting to get in at the closest entrance to WOTC's booth and I went straight there. Of course my only reason for going to GenCon is to get the exclusive and this is the only day I was going so nothing for me. Not to mention that if this is truly going to be the only way to get them (other than playing in an event) then the price on ebay will unfortunately be ridiculously high. I was honestly furious after I found out they were out. Whether it is right or wrong to feel that way about a free promo is another issue, but regardless that is the way I felt.
I agree. I can understand if you showed up at 4:00 and said, 'Where's my exclusive?' but when you get there early, run to the line -- wait, you shouldn't even have to run -- and have them say 'sorry' is definitely a reason to be angry.

At least they are giving them out to people who participate in tournaments.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:15 PM

49ers Woo who?

Actually they laughed at me. Then said they were already gone and they weren't going to do anymore today. No sorry in there. Even though I'm still upset, I feel silly complaining about a 1.5" plastic figure.
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Actually they laughed at me. Then said they were already gone and they weren't going to do anymore today. No sorry in there. Even though I'm still upset, I feel silly complaining about a 1.5" plastic figure.
I don't see it as you complaining about a 1.5" piece of plastic. Obviously you didn't spend all the money it takes to go to GenCon just to get a figure that you could buy on ebay for less than what you spent on GenCon. The exclusive figure is just sort of the carrot. It's fun to get new Heroscape stuff, and getting it in person while in the midst of pretty much the World's Fair of nerdiness just makes it a fun experience.

Would it be the worst thing in the world for WotC to have TWO boxes of exclusives ready each day so that someone with a limp has just as good odds of getting a figure as the adult that runs full blast and knocks people out of his way.

Not saying you have a limp. LOL. Just saying that if you are waiting at 9:30 for the doors to open, and go straight to the booth, you should get one.

There's no justice in this world!

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News