Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old March 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Auggies Games...new custom terrain set MUSHROOM FOREST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
I know this guy is a DnD figure, but he seems to be the perfect fir for your terrain set:
yeah, he'd be good but I'd be dependent upon having that figure to go with any set I put it in and it's not that common an item that I get more than say a couple dozen a year.
......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:47 PM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Who is that mushroom guy Dn'D figure? I like him.

Auggest,
I don't know where to post this so I'll put it here. I received your custom 4-hex glacier today and it is awesome! Any thoughts on listing the unpainted ones separately, with the descriptor that the buyer can paint them as rock outcrops, sand dunes, etc? I am definitely going to be ordering more of these -- I want to paint some gunmetal with rust for use in sci-fi scenarios!
I also received the Shadow Grappler figure x2 and I must say these guys are very, very cool. I can't wait to get some more figures from the Dungeon Crawler line.

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:15 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypto-Knight View Post
Who is that mushroom guy Dn'D figure? I like him.

Auggest,
I don't know where to post this so I'll put it here. I received your custom 4-hex glacier today and it is awesome! Any thoughts on listing the unpainted ones separately, with the descriptor that the buyer can paint them as rock outcrops, sand dunes, etc? I am definitely going to be ordering more of these -- I want to paint some gunmetal with rust for use in sci-fi scenarios!
I also received the Shadow Grappler figure x2 and I must say these guys are very, very cool. I can't wait to get some more figures from the Dungeon Crawler line.
He is from the D&D minis set Aberrations I can't think of his exact name atm but his number is between 49-52....51 I think. You can find him in ABprices.com under aberrations. It was a common but there really isn't anything else like it out there but it's not in high demand either so the price is resonable though not super cheap for a common.

Glad you like the Glacier, we'll be selling them as rocks soon and I think we already have the unpainted option don't we? I'll look into that next week and make sure. I really like our customs that we've been producing here and am proud of the quality vs price. It always makes me nervous selling them to other people who make their own customs though as it's not nearly up to the standards of someone who does it at a hobby (and spends hours on a single piece). So far though I've gotten positive feedback and they seem to understand the issue. I think they are using them as a base to work with, which is great. A little green stuff here, some paint effects there ect....

As for Dungeon Crawler minis...now that's really where I have big plans and think our future truly lies. We have sets 2 and 3 in production now and should be ready by GenCon (we hope!). Sadly though, there isn't much in the two sets that would be very good for Heroscape conversions. If we sell more tentacles to Heroscapers though I might have more say in what gets made in sets 4+ (shameless sales pressure). Set two had a mastiff in it which is nice but not particularly menacing (more of a companion) and a Raven figure that could be a squad (murder). Lastly, and this is the one that's getting all the attention and will be the hot seller, a Giant Ant. Set 3 is villagers and non combatants mostly used for RPG's in fantasy campaigns so it's not got much to offer Scapers either. I've got some "paint masters" of units that look amazing. I can't show them yet but the ant and dog look awesome. Even the raven came out better than I expected!.
.......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

I like the looks of the giant mushrooms combined with the smaller mushrooms much better but I am not interested in the bright colours so much. If you had them available in more 'natural' or 'earthy' tones I would be much more interested.
Super stoked to see someone producing custom terrain at this scale though. Awesome!

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old April 6th, 2012, 04:44 PM

SeptimusHeap is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This looks awesome! I agree that purple terrain would look nice, and a sand tile under the shrooms for 'roots' (mycelium) would also be cool. What are the larger mushrooms made of?

Also, where did you get the plugs for the wooden mushrooms and what would they be sold as?

Last edited by SeptimusHeap; April 6th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old April 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptimusHeap View Post
This looks awesome! I agree that purple terrain would look nice, and a sand tile under the shrooms for 'roots' (mycelium) would also be cool. What are the larger mushrooms made of?

Also, where did you get the plugs for the wooden mushrooms and what would they be sold as?
The large mushrooms are made from Allumilite resign. Orginal sculp was made by an art major who is doing some work for me (like the bounty program). It's extremely durable and fairly light weight (I'm adding "micro balloons" to the resign to make 'em lighter)

The small shrooms are wood and can be found at any hobby store cheap. Something like $1.50 for 10 and I use two sizes. They are technically "Buttons" and I got the idea from the custom section but I can't remember who (Sorry, if anyone know feel free to site credit). If I find these wholesale cheap I might even start carrying them myself unpainted.

....Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptimusHeap View Post

The large mushrooms are made from Allumilite resign. Orginal sculp was made by an art major who is doing some work for me (like the bounty program). It's extremely durable and fairly light weight (I'm adding "micro balloons" to the resign to make 'em lighter)

The small shrooms are wood and can be found at any hobby store cheap. Something like $1.50 for 10 and I use two sizes. They are technically "Buttons" and I got the idea from the custom section but I can't remember who (Sorry, if anyone know feel free to site credit). If I find these wholesale cheap I might even start carrying them myself unpainted.

....Andrew
It was Carnival Man

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:58 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post

....Andrew
It was Carnival Man
Verifying this.
Carnival Man gave me the idea to do my own custom mushrooms using hte same method.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

The original post is on page 2.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales