Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 4th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Dredd'verse workshop

Yeah, that powerhas changed many times over the years. I like this version the best so far.
I like Combat Dexterity on her as well and Bounty Hunter is a no-brainer.

Lawman fits in the 2000AD world. The Stontium Dogs are the law, they have badges and contracts, it is all legit. Sort of like Dog the Bounty Hunter, they are contracted out to capture bad guys.

I thought about BH as a class. I actually thought it was one. Outcast may fit the theme of her the best though.

Old August 4th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Do you see her working more in the Lawman faction (fairly sparse right now, but we've got guys like SWAT and some synergy off Commissioner Gordon and Jonah Hex - ranged double attack pairs really well with Jonah), or in the Brotherhood of Mutants with Mystique, Destiny and Magneto?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 4th, 2018, 11:14 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd go Lawmen to pair her up with Johan Hex in a BH themed build.
Old August 4th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'm also strongly, strongly in favour of her being a Mutant rather than a Mutate. I know she doesn't have the X-Gene, but still:
1) Most Mutant synergy is social rather than genetic, and she absolutely fits on that level and any remaining minor abnormalities can be explained with comic-book science.
2) They're always referred to as Mutants in universe.
3) I can't even find a wiki reference referring to 'Mutates' the way I can with Image.
4) We made Liz Sherman and Blanka Human, for heaven's sake, not as though Mutate is actually a standard for powered Human - it's universe-centric. Otherwise there's no logic behind DC having Metahumans, Marvel having Mutates and Blanka being a Human. If they're known as Mutants in universe, they are Mutants.
5) She's even listed as a Mutant on Comic Vine, distinguishing her from the likes of Brit, Spider-Woman and Black Canary, listed as Human. She is so definitely a Mutant. It feels disingenuous to the source material to call her a Mutate. We really ought to accept the melting-pot nature of the game rather than manipulate things and be inaccurate in order to keep things segregated.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 4th, 2018, 11:49 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I agree. Don't understand why she wouldn't be a mutant.
Old August 4th, 2018, 09:41 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

If Tornado wants her to be a Mutant, but has her as something else because he doesn't think he can get away with it, then she should probably be a Mutant. Unless that's setting some kind of bad precedent where some kind of later Strontium Dog character that should have a species-centric power would blow up the Mutant faction. But I doubt that's the case.

If Tornado just doesn't want her mixing with the X-Men, it's a legit design choice to not make her a Mutant. Mutate probably isn't quite the right term in that case, but it would be fair to want her not mixing with X-Men stuff.

I would say that based on Tornado's description, Lawman would be better Outcast, for two reasons:

1) If she ends up as a Mutant, it gives her a separate synergy hook to get her some play outside of X-Men and X-Men Villain builds. I know Lawman synergy isn't super-developed right now, but it at least has room to be developed in a way that would give her options outside of X-Men Villainy.

2) Even if Outcast makes sense as a descriptor for her, in a vacuum, I don't think using it would be consistent with how we used it on the Brotherhood. The Outcasts we already have aren't just people cast out from society - they're people who are getting back at society by trying to tear it down. They're terrorists, and that doesn't sound right for Red based on what I'm hearing.
Old August 4th, 2018, 09:56 PM
C3G Landlord

We have a ton of mutants already with so many different powers that I doubt any future mutant from 2000AD will upset the apple cart there. I also draft many mutants outside of mutant builds (Silver Samurai, Whirlwind, Gorgon, & Blob all come to mind as well as pretty much any of the X-healers), Prof. X & Jubilee are nice to build armies around but plenty of mutants are viable and fun to play without them.
Old August 4th, 2018, 11:15 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Yeah, I was thinking we could just use a Mystique figure.
-Her skin color changes with time and artists. Originally she had fairly normal, pink-ish skin, later it evolved into grey to blue.

Honestly, from the comic art you posted, I'd use this mini without even a repaint.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 5th, 2018, 03:35 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The problem with Mutant is that is where she will play best instead of with the Bounty Hunters. Leaning more towards Lawman for that same reason.

TMNT are Mutates correct? Seems like that would have been the place to set a precedent.
Old August 5th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I also liked the word “Mutation” for non-Xverse mutant types if you’re wanting to avoid the synergy. Can’t remember what our TMNT ended up being.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 5th, 2018, 09:53 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

TMNT are Turtles. Probably not the precedent you're looking for.
Old August 5th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Perfect. We shall make her a Turtle!!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy