Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 17th, 2011, 11:45 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Me-Burq-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Whoa good catch. That will forever bug me now.
Yeah, I never noticed it until about 3 minutes ago when I was looking at the wording of the power for a custom I'm making. I had to check with the wording on Kurrok to make sure it really was wrong. But has no one "officially" noticed this before?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Ninja Dust

i noticed that a few weeks ago but never said anything.
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:51 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker

I just noticed that and was on my way to commenting. Mistakes like this irk me, especially "solider" on Sgt. Drake Sotm's card...:[

Last edited by fireemblemrox; June 29th, 2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old August 19th, 2011, 07:45 AM

ThorfinSS is surprisingly tart
Question on Bonding

I'm wondering about the combination of Paralyzing Stare with bonding (Romans, Grok, Taskmasters, or Ornak). The ability states that if the figure is attacked by MBS it rolls no defense dice for the turn. So if MBS is activated first by a bonding ability and paralyzes a figure can the bonding figures then attack the paralyzed figure?
I guess it's a question of what is a turn. A turn is each order marker of a round, but bonding abilities refer to taking multiple turns.
Anyone out there know any official ruling on this?
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:59 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Question on Bonding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorfinSS View Post
A turn is each order marker of a round, but bonding abilities refer to taking multiple turns.
Anyone out there know any official ruling on this?
It is possible to take multiple turns per order marker.

A turn is in reference to the card that is currently activated either by order marker being revealed or a power on an army card such as bonding or Ornak's Red Flag.

Anytime a power refers to doing something for that turn, it is referring to the current turn being taken, never the entire order marker. In many cases, they are one in the same. In your example with the Romans, you are taking two turns, one full turn with Warlord MBS via the Warlord Bonding power, and then a full turn with the Romans themselves. The affects of Paralyzing Stare only last for the turn in which the power was successfully used. MBS's turn only.

Consider Frenzy - a player could take an unlimited amount of turns within one order marker, if they hit the Frenzy roll every time.

If a power is to occur only when tied to an order marker it will be worded as such. Marcu Esenwein is a good example; his Eternal Hatred, only activates when you reveal an order marker on his Card. If you use Ornak's Red Flag to take a turn with Marcu, you do not roll for Eternal Hatred because the order marker was not revealed on Marcu's card.

So to sum it up, if it is supposed to last for the duration of the order marker it will say so. Otherwise, turn is always referring to the current turn being taken within the current order marker being played.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 19th, 2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: long winded answer...does it sound official enough?
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM

ThorfinSS is surprisingly tart

Thanks for the clarification!
I figured that little combination was to good to be true, and the whole separate turns within an order marker makes sense with the wording of all the bonding powers.
Old October 30th, 2011, 04:00 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

MBS is difficult to keep alive, but for 50 points you wont lose much. his movement of 8 is great and his range of 6 tops his threat range to 14 so he can get to figures quickly, either to support others, attack or on the odd occasion block or distract the enemy. i find though that when his ability does actually work, i always roll either 1 skull or nothing, but when i dont get it i roll 2, 3+ skulls. he can be difficult to use in some situations but excels best as clean-up because he is so quick or to assassinate a lone squady or hero.
Old August 19th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do exactly what the card says. Notice it only mentions that the paralyzed figure does not get to roll any defense dice if attacked by MBS. It doesn't mention anyone else, therefore it does not apply to anyone else.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 5th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Recently used Me-Burq-Sa in a 350pt army. He was the last man standing and my opponent had about ten-ish figures left on the field. Good old 'Burq' reduced them to just two Warriors of Ashra. I was very pleased with the performance this warlord put on.
Old October 5th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

I still lost, but was not dissapointed.
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:55 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Me-Burq-Sa
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 6th, 2020, 08:53 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

This guy is lethal for his points. He always struck me as the Barracuda of HeroScape. Not the most dangerous or biggest fish out there, but for his size/point class, more than capable of taking a bite out of you when provoked

Not only does he give great bonding options, but he's cheap/deadly enough where you don't really need to shed a tear if he gets zapped early on in the game. His speed lets him grab height when needed, and if he pulls off a Stare, he can assassinate low to mid-level figures with ease.

I recall this one game my buddy used him in a way back, (like a year ago or so) and for some reason he must have hit at LEAST 6-7 stares the whole game and managed to annihilate close to half my army! For half the game I ignored him, then looked at all the carnage and was like...."Oh wow....this is not good." Wound up losing that game, largely thanks to that sneaky Marro bugger...

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Last edited by Owlman; May 6th, 2020 at 11:32 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units