Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old April 3rd, 2024, 07:33 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Groot (Public Playtesting)

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Groot

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Cell Games Arena
Units: Groot (250), Rocket Raccoon (Pilot) (200), Star-Lord (250), Mantis (200), Guldo (100)

vs

Fantastic Four

NOTE: During this playtest, I mistakenly ran Groot as requiring adjacency to use Ragtag Protection, however, since this match ended ultimately in a victory for the Guardians anyway, Groot's strengths are still well-demonstrated here.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Cell Games Arena
Units: Groot (250), Rocket Raccoon (Warden) (170), Star-Lord (250), Mantis (200), Green Arrow (Connor Hawke) (130)

vs

TMNT and Splinter
Spoiler Alert!

In addition, there was a game between these against the TMNT and Splinter with the same line-up as the other TMNT game. I wrote it off because I'd worked with Rag-Tag Protection on adjacency and spent a lot of game with figures not adjacent to Groot, and therefore not using it (unlike the Fantastic Four game where I kept people next to Groot and did use it.) This game was a loss for the Guardians. The only thing I'd specifically note from that game is that Groot's Entangling Roots were very ineffective agains the Turtles and their combat flips.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 250 seems pretty reasonable for Groot. He's not the toughest guy in the game, but having an extra 7 life on the field you can use to keep people like Star-Lord alive with is strong. Fits well into any GotG team but obviously especially wants Rocket there.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Entangling Roots loves a match-up where the opponent has one main melee heavy hitter (the FF) but doesn't fare so great when you're being rushed by multiple melee units who have additional move abilities (the TMNT). Definitely felt like a consequential figure in both games, but had more impact against the FF. Works better with Pilot Rocket than Warden Rocket in my eyes- Pilot Rocket enjoys having an automatic height advantage spot to run back to for defence after dropping bombs, and Pilot Rocket's free attack actions mean he benefits more consistently from that height advantage offensively too. As raised in the Discord, I do think it's worth considering that Ragtag Protection should transfer Heat damage status from the intended targets- it feels like making a choice between Star-Lord taking a wound or Groot taking 2 wounds due to weakness is worth having, mechanically and thematically.

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old April 3rd, 2024, 08:20 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Does this work for you guys?
Quote:
RAGTAG PROTECTION
If an ally in the Guardians of the Galaxy faction within 5 clear spaces of Groot would take 1+ wounds, you may inflict 1 wound on Groot to ignore 1 wound inflicted on that figure. The wound inflicted on Groot matches the damage type of the ignored wound.
I'll be honest, it's not a particularly exciting tweak to me. But if it can be achieved with a brief little sentence like that, I don't have a problem with adding it in.
Old April 3rd, 2024, 08:37 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
RAGTAG PROTECTION
If an ally in the Guardians of the Galaxy faction within 5 clear spaces of Groot would take 1+ wounds, you may inflict 1 wound on Groot to ignore 1 wound inflicted on that figure. The wound inflicted on Groot matches the damage type of the ignored wound.
I'll be honest, it's not a particularly exciting tweak to me. But if it can be achieved with a brief little sentence like that, I don't have a problem with adding it in.
I like it. It's absolutely just my personal opinion though.

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old April 3rd, 2024, 08:52 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
RAGTAG PROTECTION
If an ally in the Guardians of the Galaxy faction within 5 clear spaces of Groot would take 1+ wounds, you may inflict 1 wound on Groot to ignore 1 wound inflicted on that figure. If you do, Groot takes 1 wound of the same Damage type as the ignored wound. The wound inflicted on Groot matches the damage type of the ignored wound.
I'd restructure slightly and then I think it flows a little better.
Old April 4th, 2024, 09:05 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I was going to suggest something similar

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 4th, 2024, 04:16 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Groot (VOTE for Final Editing/Art)

Sweet. I propose we go to final editing, and since the text has been pretty thoroughly checked over, I'll probably go straight to art.
Old April 4th, 2024, 04:38 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea

Suggested edits. Feels like it flows a little better like so:
Quote:
ROCKET AND GROOT
Before Groot's move action, you may choose an unengagedadjacent allied Rocket Raccoon that is adjacent to Groot unengaged . After the move action, place the chosen figure adjacent to Groot. When determining height advantage between an adjacent allied Rocket Raccoon and a non-flying figure, add 8 levels to Rocket Raccoon’s elevation.

ENTANGLING ROOTS
Once per round, when a Small or Medium enemy in clear sight moves onto or over a space within 5 spaces of Groot, you may stop that figure's movement. I and it cannot use Flying until the end of your next turn.
For pasteability.
Quote:
ROCKET AND GROOT
Before Groot's move action, you may choose an adjacent allied Rocket Raccoon that is unengaged. After the move action, place the chosen figure adjacent to Groot. When determining height advantage between an adjacent allied Rocket Raccoon and a non-flying figure, add 8 levels to Rocket Raccoon’s elevation.

ENTANGLING ROOTS
Once per round, when a Small or Medium enemy in clear sight moves onto or over a space within 5 spaces of Groot, you may stop that figure's movement and it cannot use Flying until the end of your next turn.

Last edited by Karat; April 4th, 2024 at 07:03 PM.
Old April 4th, 2024, 04:52 PM
Just A Head

Updated, thanks!
Old April 4th, 2024, 05:21 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

yea Solid design, great job!
Old April 4th, 2024, 05:45 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

yea

Italicize all the Rocket Raccoon references. "damage type" should be lowercase.
Old April 4th, 2024, 05:47 PM
Just A Head

Thanks Archie! Looks like I lost the italics when I copy/pasted Karat's edits without quoting first. Rookie mistake!
Old April 4th, 2024, 06:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yea

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database