Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 29th, 2024, 08:58 AM

DarthLegolas is surprisingly tart
Re: Community Prompts

Spoiler Alert!

Welcome to the custom community! This is a good start; I like the idea of a low-point unit with minor area control

A couple notes. What happens when 5+ figures of the same common squad start their turn within 4 spaces? Do you roll 5+ times even though only 4 (or less) get activated a turn? Or would only the figures the opponent activates need to roll? I would assume the latter, which may read:
"When an opponent's figure starts it's MOVEMENT within 4 clear-sight spaces..." This will narrow down the d20 rolls to just the figures activated. And this still works even if the opponent didn't actually intend to move the figure at all (if i'm not mistaken.) As activated figures still go through the movement "phase" even if they move 0 spaces.

Other minor things, you use "creature" instead of "figure" at one point which is incorrect. and I would personally let the Darkthorn Dryad use any tree rather than specifically evergreen trees. Seems unnecessarily limiting otherwise.

As for uploading images: Heroscapers needs a host site to take images from. Easiest one to me is Imgur if want to use an image from your computer but you can really use any site that you can upload images to. (If you found the image you want online, you can just use that one). Then copy the image link. then back in heroscapers, click the "insert image" button and paste.

Always happy to see a new face and look forward to more stuff you make!
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:52 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

I've mentioned elsewhere that I personally struggle with the thought of a bard in Heroscape, so I spent some time searching my collection of minis on Thingiverse this morning and was struck with inspiration of a completely different kind! I think the connection to music ought to be apparent.

g

Card Text
Spoiler Alert!

ETA: By some strange coincidence this came out today, that just makes me more sure in my decision.

Last edited by SkyWhale; March 29th, 2024 at 01:40 PM.
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:46 PM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

Okay fine, twist my arm, I'll make a bard! Was thinking about my submission, and my mind finally wandered to my favorite bard from a different game and how he could be implemented in Heroscape... Since C3G won't! I think I'd probably generally prefer to make it thematically a "mastermind", but I believe the goal of this thread is to encourage creating customs and by getting me to think of bards it got me to think of a power I might not come up with otherwise.

Card Text
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 3rd, 2024, 06:24 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wanted to take this opportunity to revamp an old design of mine that is certainly musical. I'll put the old design in a spoiler:
Spoiler Alert!

And my latest attempt:

Depi Ripep

Undead
Unique Hero
Archmage
Tricky
Medium 5

Life - 5
Move - 6
Range - 3
Attack - 3
Defense - 3
Points - 90

Piper's Call
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a figure within 6 spaces of Depi Ripep and roll the 20-sided die. If the chosen figure is a Squad figure and you roll an 8 or higher, you may move the figure up to 3 spaces. If the chosen figure is a Hero figure and you roll a 16 or higher, you may move the figure up to 3 spaces. A figure moved with Piper's Call rolls no defense dice for the rest of the turn.

Fey Step
Once per game, Depi Ripep may use Fey Step. Before moving normally with Depi Ripep, you may place him on any empty space within 5 spaces of his current location. If Depi Ripep is engaged with he uses Fey Step, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

I think this version is much more compelling. I could see myself scaling him up in power with longer range. And/or perhaps more attack. But as is I think this looks like a solid mid-price assassin that can also move your opponents figures around, a really solid ability.

Really cool thread, gotta dig into it deeper.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old April 3rd, 2024, 07:56 PM

DarthLegolas is surprisingly tart

I don't know how happy I am with this overall design but here we are. I was struggling with the music theme for sure as I wanted to come at it with an unexpected angle. I eventually landed on translating a sea shanty into a squad which I thought was a fun theme but then I struggled even more coming up with its mechanics. I decided that a sea shanty ability should reward adjacency with your own units, but having a simple buff didn't seem right and had been done before. When I came up with the idea that they should rejoin each other at the end of the round for drinks and merriment, that made more sense to me. The natural conclusion was initiative as the simplest thing to buff at the end of a given round.

While there's currently no precedence for a six-figure squad, they are easy to take out and their ability demands a good portion of them stay alive (difficult to do with such pitiful defense). I could've made them a common squad, but then you could camp at your start zone to trigger Sea Shanty while sending another unit of them out into the field. (it's totally not just because it was difficult to find sculpts that I like in a more reasonable amount, never!)

Swaying Sea legs was added as: A. a minor buff to their defenses, B. a debuff to their attack which feels justified given that there are six of them, and C. as extra flavor given that they're supposed to be a bit of a party-hard kind of crew. Now if only the sculpts gave that flavor too.

Old April 5th, 2024, 10:34 AM

VikingThyme is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLegolas View Post
Spoiler Alert!

Welcome to the custom community! This is a good start; I like the idea of a low-point unit with minor area control

A couple notes. What happens when 5+ figures of the same common squad start their turn within 4 spaces? Do you roll 5+ times even though only 4 (or less) get activated a turn? Or would only the figures the opponent activates need to roll? I would assume the latter, which may read:
"When an opponent's figure starts it's MOVEMENT within 4 clear-sight spaces..." This will narrow down the d20 rolls to just the figures activated. And this still works even if the opponent didn't actually intend to move the figure at all (if i'm not mistaken.) As activated figures still go through the movement "phase" even if they move 0 spaces.

Other minor things, you use "creature" instead of "figure" at one point which is incorrect. and I would personally let the Darkthorn Dryad use any tree rather than specifically evergreen trees. Seems unnecessarily limiting otherwise.

As for uploading images: Heroscapers needs a host site to take images from. Easiest one to me is Imgur if want to use an image from your computer but you can really use any site that you can upload images to. (If you found the image you want online, you can just use that one). Then copy the image link. then back in heroscapers, click the "insert image" button and paste.

Always happy to see a new face and look forward to more stuff you make!
Thanks for the feedback!
I like your rewrite to Forest Song, the intention is to only affect activated figures.
Yup, creature is a keyword for a different game.
The idea with only allowing evergreen trees was more for flavor, but I guess I don’t loose the forest spirit feeling by allowing them to teleport through the jungle too.
Updating accordingly!
Old April 10th, 2024, 10:16 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I know this prompt is technically over, but since the next one hasn't been posted yet, I did end up making a serious design for this one.

Pathfinder Battles: Darklands Rising: Tengu Bard

Quote:
QUORIK SAMURAI
Einar / Marr / Raptorian / Unique Hero / Samurai / Fancy / Medium 4
Life 4 / Move 6 / Range 1 / Attack 4 / Defense 2 / Points 90

TESSEN SCREEN DANCE
At the beginning of each round, if there is no screen marker on this Army Card, place a defense marker on this Army Card. When there is a defense marker on this Army Card, the Quorik Samurai rolls 3 additional defense dice.

IRON FLURRY DANCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Instead of moving and attacking normally, Quorik Samurai may use her Iron Flurry Dance Special Attack. Quorik Samurai may move up to 6 spaces. She may attack up to 4 times with Iron Flurry Dance Special Attack at any point before, during or after this move as long as Quorik Samurai is on a space where she could end her movement. At the end of the turn that Quorik Samurai used Iron Flurry Dance Special Attack, remove a screen marker from this Army Card.

COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. This power does not work against other Samurai.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old April 10th, 2024, 10:45 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool looking unit!

Yes, I've been too busy to do the update so things are extended until this saturday giving us an extra week.
Old April 14th, 2024, 06:35 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thankyou all for the great prompts you put in. The last one was a bit broad and we got some great takes on the theme. This next one takes a bit more of a bite from the new things that we have seen from the Heroscape revival.

Let's move onto the next round and keep designing all year!

Prompt for April 14th 2024

Theme: A Varied Squad

Sometimes it's hard to find enough figures that look alike to create a squad, whether its unique or common, so much like the Pirate squad from the new era of heroscape... mix it up! Make a squad that uses figures that might not normally be picked to go together and tell us how they DO go together. These can be figures from different species, regions, eras, look for a fun way to accomplish the prompt. Excited to see the creativity on this one.

This prompt is due by: Midnight (Mountain Time) on April 27th 2024

Heroscapers that wish to be Mentioned when a Prompt goes live:
If you have a suggestion for a future prompt, please let me know via Personal Message here on the forum
Old April 15th, 2024, 02:47 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My proposal

The Survivors
General: Independent
Human
Unique Squad
Survivors
Desperate
Medium 5

Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

Bio: The survivors were each among the first soldiers summoned to fight in Valhalla. Veterans of dozens of campaigns, each has seen more horror than the human mind can bear. During a campaign in Marro-infested swamps near Ticalla, the unified forces against Utgar were brutally ambushed. Only these four survived, and they lost all communication with their generals. Now, they fight for only one purpose - to use the wellsprings to find a way back to earth.

Miniatures are: 1x Airborne Elite (crouched), 1x Krav Maga Agent (African American), 1x Izumi Samurai (robes, sword extended), 1x Tarn Viking Warrior (spear)

Powers: The Last Ones Alive
At the beginning of the game, find the following cards and set them aside out of play (for reference): The Airborne Elite, Krav Maga Agents, Izumi Samurai, Tarn Viking Warriors. Your army may not include any of these army cards

Adaptable Skills: At the beginning of the game, place 8 markers on this army card. At any point, you may remove 1 marker from this card to activate a special power from one of your set aside army cards (Airborne Elite, Krav Maga Agents, Izumi Samurai, Tarn Viking Warriors). You must remove 1 marker from this card for each figure you control that activates that ability (abilities include: grenade launch special attack, 1 shield defense, counterstrike, and beserker charge).

Flexible Weapons:
Before attacking with one of The Survivors you may subtract 1 from that figures attack to add 6 to its range.
Old April 15th, 2024, 04:12 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Adatallium Ark, said to be the origin of all life remaining on Feylund after the catastrophic end of the First Age, is seen as a symbol of many things.

While the elven Kingdom of Rhadyth held the territory, they touted it as the epitome of hope, the proof that life always finds a way to persevere through even the greatest of calamities. They looked to the present, and thus were they joyous.

When the Kittins of Yik Citadel conquered it, it was a warning, a reminder of what happened the last time a civilization focused entirely on what they could create, and not at all on whether they should. They looked to the past, and thus were they cautious.

The Deamotaurs took a more disillusioned stance. It was they who discovered that the Ark had long since broken down beyond the point of repair. When the next great disaster comes around (any day now), the Ark won't be able to save anyone this time. They looked to the future, and thus were they fearful.

Now the Ark lies forsaken, under no authority and part of no dominion. Only hopeful scavengers tread the venerable corridors of the great vessel that once saved the world, studying it for the very same magics that once left the world in need of salvation.

Quote:
WITCHES OF THE FALLEN ARK
Utgar

Life 1
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 2
Defense 2
100 points

Varied | Common Squad (3 figures) | Warwitches | Reckless | Medium 5

DECAY BEAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 2.
When rolling attack dice for Decay Beam, if the defending figure has previously been attacked this turn, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

VOID BARRIER
When rolling defense dice for a Warwitch you control that is adjacent to at least one Witch of the Fallen Ark you control, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

RUNE OF ORBIT
Once per turn, when moving a Witch of the Fallen Ark, you may use Rune of Orbit. That Witch has Stealth Flying this turn.
Images and links in a spoiler to reduce clutter:
Spoiler Alert!

...The lore kind of got away from me here, but I like it.
Old April 16th, 2024, 12:13 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

[Bio TBD]

THE CRIMSON BAND
General: Utgar
Race: Various
Uniqueness: Unique Squad (4)
Class: Mercenary
Personality: Tricky
Size: Medium 5
Life: 2
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

The Sculpts (all Pathfinder):

PROFESSIONAL COURTESY
At the beginning of the game, find the following cards and set them aside out of play (for reference): Drow Chainfighters, Shiori, Cormin the Dark, and Prince al'Kahora. Your army may not include any of these army cards.

PROFESSIONAL CROSS TRAINING
All Special Powers/Attacks from each set aside card are applicable to the entire squad.

Inspired by @Knox's The Survivors.

P.S.: Revised sculpts/stats/selection of cards and with it a better distribution of applicable powers. Powers are now not so overwhelming that Knox's marker system is necessary.

Last edited by kolakoski; April 16th, 2024 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Evolution

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards