Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old March 16th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

"Aiming for Wednesday" = posts about 4 hours later? Talk about ahead of schedule...

Okay, let's see here...

Post-reading Edit: Ah, a poem, and a good one at that! I usually don't enjoy poetry, but I liked this one quite a bit, so you know that's saying a lot! Will it best TGRF's entry or the coming challenger(s)? Only time will tell!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 16th, 2015, 09:42 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I was actually able to get a solid idea out pretty fast. I'm like the mechanic. "It's going to take 10 hours" = "It's going to take 5 hours, but if something goes wrong it'll take 10."

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old March 21st, 2015, 04:14 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, it's Saturday and we got 2 entries. Any word or update on the other stories' progress? Do you guys need more time?

~TAF

Old March 21st, 2015, 04:30 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Well, it's Saturday and we got 2 entries. Any word or update on the other stories' progress? Do you guys need more time?

~TAF
@Dysole @Bro-man
~TGRF.
Old March 21st, 2015, 05:31 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Heh

ETA: Unknown.

~Dysole, currently finishing up a graduate research project thesis thingy
Old March 22nd, 2015, 03:31 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

I'm sorry about that. I've been caught up with work and have my story at 3/4 done. I could have done by tomorrow if possible, just letting you know.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old March 29th, 2015, 01:27 PM

Well, erm, it's been a week. Any update progress on your stories?

~TAF

Old March 29th, 2015, 01:45 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm thinking we should set up a rule to enforce the deadline. Perhaps it should be that a contestant needs to give an ETA on when he will be done. He can request an extension once or twice, but after that, the judging takes place when he said the entry would be done, wether or not it is in. That will prevent any more silent stretches of time with no action.
~ TGRF
P.S. This is from the phone, so pardon any grammar mistakes.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 02:47 PM

@ Those that are currently active in this thread, as well as some long-term hands: @TheAverageFan @Dysole @Bro-man @Tornado @Crixus33 @Marro_Warlord
I have arrived at the conclusion that something must be done about these month-long pauses. I have come up with a rule which I believe should be able to help with this. I have it below:
Quote:
If a contestant wishes to enter, they shall provide a due date. Barring any objections, they have until the given due date to submit their entry. This due date cannot be longer than one month from the time it is given.
The judge will judge at the latest due date. Anyone who did not get their entry in before then, will be excluded from the judging process.
All constestants are encouraged to really try to enter by their due date. If necessary, however, they may extend the date twice, and only twice
This rule would replace the current one week time limit rule.
This doesn't mean you HAVE to provide a due date. If you do NOT, however, and fail to enter before the latest due date that WAS provided, you will still be excluded.
This will require whoever is judging to be fairly strict with enforcing deadlines, otherwise the whole system just collapses.

I realize this might be a bit harsh, but the situation really is getting somewhat out of hand.
Thoughts, writers?

~TGRF.

EDIT: If no one has any opinions, I will go ahead and implement the rule, applicable starting with the next challenge.

Last edited by TGRF; April 3rd, 2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 10:06 PM

Er, yeah, the deadline... We'll see if anyone can get their story out by whenever. You've been warned--I'm ready to do the judging with the 2 stories we got here already!! Expediency, ho!

~TAF, still deceptively lax.

Old April 3rd, 2015, 10:45 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds like a good idea to me. That should allow this to go considerably faster.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old April 4th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Give it a whirl.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction