Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 8th, 2010, 01:26 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of the Greenscale Warriors

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
In a standard tourney setting, Big Z is the only bonding choice (so far) that makes as much sense as Nilfheim. Given that most tourneys are flooded with massive amounts of common bonding squads, sending out Z for a round or two, then hiding behind the GSW's seems like a great strategy.
I disagree on one point. I think the best two dragons are Charos and Big Z. If you use Big Z, you'll need fewer GSWs though. Just my opinion.
I agree that Charos is not a bad choice. I just think that, for his cost, his survivability doesn't match the lack of a ranged attack that Zelrig and Nilfheim make up for.
I have personally had a lot of fun using Charos in lizardfolk armies, and I've had a lot of fun, but lost. Charos, speaking in reference to the competitive setting, leaves you still looking for somebody who can shoot.
How about:

Charos//210
GSW'sx3//180
MW's//50
Shiori//60////////////500pts...16spaces

Charos+his lizards for most offense. Shiori for bait with range and the MW's on height have decent survivability.
Maybe this?
Charos- 210
Greens x2- 330
Stingers x2- 450
Marro Warriors- 500

Charos is already gonna draw loads of attacks from range, but Shiori is not much of a threat. Charos will take the brunt of the ranged attacks no matter what, so dropping Shiori lets you use a more powerful ranged base, while still getting plenty out of the big green lizard machine.

Last edited by DeathDoom; August 8th, 2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old August 8th, 2010, 01:35 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

I think if you're talking about Charos/GSW in a competitive setting, it needs an answer to rats. Charos is really the only dragon who really hates rats, so tossing in a good special attack might be the best way to go. At 510 I like this:

Charos
GSW x3
Kaemon Awa

The biggest problem with this army is the lack of a good answer to range. Charos is very anti-melee, as is KA to some extent, so it could rock a knights or grut build. Heck, I've seen Charos/GSW take out a dwarf army. But whenever it goes up against 10th or Stingers, it's going to have a tough time.
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:09 AM

ironmyron is surprisingly tart

sorry.

ironmyron is Jeb the Knight of Weston who has a slight herb problem...
in the
Garden of Horror....

Last edited by ironmyron; August 9th, 2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old August 8th, 2010, 03:05 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmyron View Post
hew i do abot know if this was been but i do not think that the new new
W Lord hurts the green roller. reason been that is any say the Greenscale Warriors take a turn with the Lizard King. it only says anything abort about the size at the start of the game. well what do you think?
if this has been said sorry.
I'm sure nobody's ever said THAT. Can you repeat the question?
Old August 8th, 2010, 05:48 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmyron View Post
hew i do abot know if this was been but i do not think that the new new
W Lord hurts the green roller. reason been that is any say the Greenscale Warriors take a turn with the Lizard King. it only says anything abort about the size at the start of the game. well what do you think?
if this has been said sorry.
I'm sure nobody's ever said THAT. Can you repeat the question?
No, the Werewolf Lord can't stop the GSW from bonding with their chosen Lizard King, since that relationship is determined at the beginning of the game. This question is answered in the Clarifications section of this book.

I was drunk when I answered this question, so your poor spelling and grammar are inexcusable.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:48 PM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

I have an army with these guys!

Nilfheim-185
GSWx2-305
Finn-385
Thorgrim-465
Drow CF-480
Isamu-490
Otonahi-500

Old August 19th, 2010, 01:53 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilfheimPwns View Post

Nilfheim-185
GSWx2-305
Finn-385
Thorgrim-465
Drow CF-480
Isamu-490
Otonahi-500
That's kind of an eggs-in-one-basket approach; if Nilfheim dies, you have nothing to work with offensively. If you're going to have a viking in there, I would go with Thorgrim and cut out Finn and ninjas for Krav or something. Then again, Raelin would be much better than Thorgrim...
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:26 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilfheimPwns View Post

Nilfheim-185
GSWx2-305
Finn-385
Thorgrim-465
Drow CF-480
Isamu-490
Otonahi-500
That's kind of an eggs-in-one-basket approach; if Nilfheim dies, you have nothing to work with offensively. If you're going to have a viking in there, I would go with Thorgrim and cut out Finn and ninjas for Krav or something. Then again, Raelin would be much better than Thorgrim...
Agreed - Finn does basically nothing here, as you're going to be using Ice Shard Breath most of the time and Finn doesn't boost that. At the very least, get rid of Finn for Raelin.

Your army is also 510 Points, not 500 (you have the Chainfighter costing 15 Points). With that last 115 Points, I'd try something else instead of Thorgrim + Filler, especially if Raelin is there. The Krav or AE would be very nice. Rhogar might also be cool since he can heal Nilfheim and Raelin.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heh - Isamu with Finn and Thorgrimm on him could be terrifying.

~Aldin, disapperaring, rolling shields AND averaging two skulls

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:14 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?

I agree aldin. I could just picture this army at 510 points.

Finn
Thorgrim
Isamu
Eldgrim
3x Knights of Weston
Krav Maga Agents

isamu with 7 move 4 attack and 2 defense!!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 07:59 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Exactly what does this have to do with the Greenscale Warriors? I am certain it has already been said but it's worth saying again: Othkurik with 2xGSWs is a nice 260 pt. core to start with. Use the Greenies to screen Oth from any engagement and Oth will have the freedom to roam and strike at will.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old October 10th, 2010, 03:57 AM

ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker

Greenscale Warriors, Nilfheim and Raelin made my National Heroscape Day

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units