Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 23rd, 2010, 07:15 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Greenscale Warriors

The Book of Greenscale Warriors
Champions of the Forgotten Realms - Collection D1 (11) - "Glaun Bog Raiders"

Spoiler Alert!
(If you cannot view the army card image, follow this link to the Heroscapers Gallery)

Heroscape Character Bio: TBA

If my chosen Lizard King is destroyed, may the Greenscale Warriors choose another unique Dragon or Lizardfolk hero with which to synergize?
A. Nice try. The wording on the card is "At the start of the game, choose a..." Once the chosen hero is destroyed, the Greenscale Warriors are left without a king.

LOYALTY TO THE LIZARD KING vs. MINDSHACKLE, SOUL-DEVOUR
Q.
If my chosen Lizard King has his mind shackled or his soul devoured, do the Greenscale Warriors still receive their Attack and Defense bonuses if their Lizard King is within 2 clear-sight spaces?
A. Yes. Similar questions have come up in the past, centered on the Macdirk Warriors. The adapted ruling from their book is "The Mindshackled hero is still the Lizard King for the Greenscale Warriors." The Greenscale warriors may, therefore, still receive their Attack and Defense bonuses from a Mindshackled/Soul-Devoured King (they would not, of course, and as per the card, be able to bond. The fact that this clarification is right in the bonding text is even further evidence that the bonus still applies).

LOYALTY TO THE Hybrid KING?
Q.
If my chosen lizard king has its left-box information altered by the Werewolf Lord's LYCANTHROPY, is he still the Lizard King?
A. Yes. The Lizard King is chosen at the start of the game, and remains the lizard king, even if his information is altered.

Synergy Benefits Received
- ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
As followers of Ullar, the Greenscale Warriors may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

-UNIQUE LIZARDFOLK HEROES
N/A

-UNIQUE LARGE/HUGE DRAGON HEROES: Loyalty to the Lizard King
- As Unique Large or Huge Dragon Heroes, any of the following may aid the Greenscale Warriors with their LOYALTY TO THE LIZARD KING Attack and Defense Enhancements:
Synergy Benefits Offered
-UNIQUE LIZARDFOLK HEROES

-UNIQUE LARGE/HUGE DRAGON HEROES:
Lizard King Bonding:
SEE PRECEDING LIST
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

New Lizardmen are AWESOME - General Discussion

Greenscale Warriors - What's your army idea?

Power Rankings

Jexik: Greenscale Warriors- Gencon 2010 put these guys on a lot of people's minds. Will they stay there? A-

OEAO: A-

Cleon: Tier 9 (20/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A-
Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 8th, 2023 at 04:47 PM. Reason: vc added
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of the Greenscale Warriors

My guess: B+. Unfortunately I didn't proxy theses guys, but the Dragon bonding is a force to be reconed wwith. Probabaly shoot up when Lezardfolk Arrive.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:46 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

My guess is an A-
almost all the dragons are already a force, with a cheap bonding squad, they will be monsters!(non pun). Possible of 6 attacks with nilfheim, solid melée with charos, common squad slaughters with zelrig, mimring, and braxxas, Othkurik could do well to. Solid melée, solid A- or maybe even A

Last edited by dart48; March 23rd, 2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:48 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
My guess is an A-
almost all the dragons are already a force, with a cheap bonding squad, they will be monsters!(non pun). Possible of 6 attacks with nilfheim, solid melée with charos, common squad slaughters with zelrig, mimring, and charos, Othkurik could do well to. Solid melée, solid A- or maybe even A
Yeah, I forgot that their Dragon King bolstered them- I was thinking only Lizardfolk Kings would do that.

When do I need to finalize my Lizard King? After Initiative was rolled? A draft? OMs are placed?

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:52 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
When do I need to finalize my Lizard King? After Initiative was rolled? A draft? OMs are placed?
Very good question. My guess would be after the draft is complete, before OMs are placed. It's as good an answer as any, as far as I can think.
Old March 25th, 2010, 07:44 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

I played these guys the other day against Penopticon, I played:

Greenscalesx3
Charos
Kaemon
Eldgrim

vs.

Venocs(?)
Venoc warlord
Spiders(?)
Wyvern
Estivara

I'm not sure how many venocs and spiders he had but we both had 540 point armies. Anyway, I used Kaemon to take his Vipers down early then started rolling in with the greenscales. One weakness I noticed is you really have to be careful of leaving guys behind because if your king gets too far away from your start zone greenscales they are sitting ducks to get taken out. It was a lot of fun and truthfully I thought I was going to win handily (until my d20 curse hit me). By d20 curse I mean almost anytime someone rolls a d20 instant kill ability against me it works, hehe. No lie, I think my opponents are 5/6 right now. I had all venocs dead and only lost 3 greenscales and he moved Estivara forward and rolled 3 skulls on Charos, inflicting 2 wounds. The he rolled for poison and got another wound, then rolled a 20.

Needless to say I ended up losing horribly after that. Once you lose the dragon the greenscales are almost useless, hehe. Still though, it was alot of fun and I know it wasn't a "normal" occurence (at least not for other people).
Old March 25th, 2010, 08:21 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

So, an 80 pt figure did that to Charos?! I can never seem to do anything like that with Sudema, and I have played her more often than I care to count...

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old March 25th, 2010, 08:27 AM

JusticeProctor Woo who?

Haven't played with these guys yet, but I recieved mine in the mail and will play tonight, with further analysis in the near future!

I forsee the biggest problem with these guys is the same thing that comes from any melee squad without a special ranged defense. The dragon that comes with them is definitely powerful, and the greenscales make the dragons a much more viable tournament pick, but the greenscales themselves are vunerable to the same thing that any melee army is. Rats, a blast/glad combo, and of course the upcoming air elemental screen with range are all problematic with this build.

In short, all we got in the end was a sort of Knights of Weston with one fewer squad member, matching atk/def when only near their king, but a faster move to keep up with the king. The bonus trade-off, however, is that they bond with a FREAKING DRAGON!, most of which are far more powerful individually than the available human champions.

Jesus Saves! ......everyone else takes full damage.
Old March 25th, 2010, 08:54 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
So, an 80 pt figure did that to Charos?! I can never seem to do anything like that with Sudema, and I have played her more often than I care to count...
I hit Stare of Stone on a full-life Charos in a tournament, then I got Krug in the next game (report is in the link in my sig). It was awesome.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 25th, 2010, 09:47 AM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeProctor View Post
I forsee the biggest problem with these guys is the same thing that comes from any melee squad without a special ranged defense. The dragon that comes with them is definitely powerful, and the greenscales make the dragons a much more viable tournament pick, but the greenscales themselves are vunerable to the same thing that any melee army is. Rats, a blast/glad combo, and of course the upcoming air elemental screen with range are all problematic with this build.
I don't see the air elementals being that big of a probelm for these guys because the dragon is not affected by swirling vortex and will be able to clear out the air elementals to make way for the greenscales. In the game I played with them, Charos wasn't the best at this because of only having one attack, but when your opponent is using order markers to reposition air elemntals, then they are not taking shots with their ranged figures.

We are friends, ouch.
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:59 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I tried the Greenscales with Nilfheim, Braxas, Charos, Zelrig, Mimring and Othkurik. I tried them against a few armies that included 4th Mass army (with Thorgrim), Minions/Atlaga and Q9/Raelin/KMA/Rats.

These were my observations:
  • In (almost) each case, they need Raelin to help protect the dragon.
  • Keeping the dragon alive is paramount. The Greenscales are a weak squad without the dragon/lizard king.
  • In most cases, 2 squads of Greenscales is enough. Otherwise, you run the risk that the dragon will get killed first.
  • Nilfheim/Raelin/GS/other is a very good army. I liked Nilfheim/Raelin/GSx2/KMA best. It was fun to play and competitive against anything I threw at it.
  • Braxas/Raelin/GSx3 was a very good army against high point common armies. The Minions crumbled. It had big problems against Q9. Against 4th Mass, Braxas needs to get in close and she gets shot from distance. I tried this with both GSx3 and with GSx2 and a hero to close the remaining points. With too many GS's, Braxas dies and leaves the GS's helpless. With 2 squads of GS's, there aren't enough points left (in a 500 point format) to have another strong offensive threat.
  • I tried Charos/Raelin/GSx3. (I also tried it with Charos/GSx4/filler.) This a fun army. Charos needs Raelin the least. The Charos/GS vs Minion/Atlaga match up was my favorite battle. (The Charos/GS army barely won. Minions hate counterstrike.) This army really suffers from rats.
  • I couldn't get Zelrig to work. If you use the Z bomb, the GS get left behind and Zelrig gets swarmed and dies. The Greenscales aren't good without Zelrig. If you move up Zelrig slowly, you lose the Z bomb. Zelrig/GS wasn't really competitive against any of these (very good) armies.
  • I used Mimring/GSx2/Raelin/Q10. This army did well, but it was more of a function of Raelin/Q10. When I play Mimring, I try to hop around the board and set up fireline. This isn't easy to do when the Greenscales are trying to act as a screen. I had trouble using Raelin with Mimring because I couldn't get Raelin to be close enough to Mimring.
  • I used Othkurik/GSx2/Raelin/10th Reg x 2. Othkurik played similarly to Mimring. I had trouble using Acid Spry to great effect because I spread out the opposing figures. Still, Othkurik was probably better than Mimring because I didn't feel the need to move Othkurik around as much. This was surprisingly competitive against the 4th Mass, but it got crushed by Vydar/Rats.
Edit: In my opinion, Greenscales with Nilfheim and Raelin are a A/A- team. As a result, I would give the Greenscales an "A-" ranking. I could possibly be convinced that they could rate an "A".

Last edited by Rich10; March 25th, 2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added a ranking.
Old March 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Great stuff, Rich10.

I think Mimring is better with Arrow Gruts. Like you say, he needs to hop around and snipe, and the greenscales are almost in the way in stead of acting as a good screen.

The Braxas armies have gotten less discussion than the others, but I think it has a lot of promise. When I was theoryscaping that build, I said that the worst thing you could say about it was that it has to kill Q9 with attacks of 3. That appears to be more or less confirmed by your playtesting.

I could imagine that on some maps, you could fly out with Zelrig for a quick bomb while the Greenscales take a glyph or choke-point, then retreat with Zelrig and allow something else (stingers?) to take over. I could see Zelrig, GWx2, Stingersx3 being decent. Or even just toss in GWx1 for free glyph-grabbing. That said, I basically agree that the GW can't be your main offensive force alongside Zelrig.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units