Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 11th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: What Bonding Squad fits you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
T-9. dragonmaster384 - Greenscale Warriors x2, Nilfheim, Zelrig, Isamu, Otonashi, Morsbane + ?
Anybody know who got to be the Lizard King in this army?
He probably alternated between the 2 as the situation called for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Nope. He said he used Zelrig every game.
Did he say if that was his plan for GC, or did Zelrig just make the most sense in all of his match-ups?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:48 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, I'm on a list because I won something! O.o

First of all: bonding is awesome. When the designers made this power, they must have taken the rest of the week in congratulatory celebration. Bonding armies are so simple in appearance and order markers (I love not having to worry about markers, that's really the one thing that I can't handle) but are a lot of work to play on a field. Against range armies, or rats armies, you have to think about which hero to bring on which turn, and you have to balance where everyone is so you never run out of units. It's a really fun tactical thing to play bonding armies.

My favorite by far is the Axegrinders. I don't know what it is about them, but they're just so much fun to play. And they win. That's always nice. Morgrimm is also so much more of a threat than he appears. He can really last a long time, and with the very few special attacks in my local metagame, he's nigh-unstoppable.
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Bonding armies that did well at GenCon '10:

General Wars
Jandar/overall champ: lonewolf 5-0 Knights x5, Gilbert, Shotgun Sullivan
Aquilla champ: fomox 4-0 Axegrinders x5, Mogrimm, Brave Arrow
Einar champ: Tiny Timmy 4-1 Sacred Band x4, Marcus, Zelrig... guilty?
Utgar champ: dok 4-1 TKN, grubs x3, Phantom Knights x3

Smackdown
3rd: Matthias Maccabeus (4-1) - Romans x5, MDG, MBS, Raelin

Capture the Flag
Winner: fomox Heavy Gruts x4, Grimnak, Raelin

Treasure Quest
winner - Arrow Grut (5-0) - Charos, Greenscales x3, KMA, Isamu
2nd place - jdtenor (4-1) - Ornak, Mimring, Krug, Arrow Gruts x3, Isamu
3rd place - Matthias Maccabeus (4-1) - Wyvern x3, Spiders x3, Estivara

Championship Day 2
3. RoninValentina - Knights x3, Finn, Sir Gilbert, Krav, Marcu, Hydra
T-5. Tiny Timmy - Grimnak, Heavy Gruts x4, Marro Warrors, Nerak, Othkurik
T-5. EternalThanos86 - Greenscale Warriors x4, Raelin RotV, Zelrig, Hydra, Isamu
T-5. Menchi - Alastair, Finn, Knights x3, Krav, Airborne Elite, Eldgrim
T-9. Jexik - Greenscale Warriors x4, Nilfheim, Raelin RotV, Isamu, Marcu, WoA x2
T-9. Matthias Maccabeus - Airborne Elite, Knights x4, Sir Gilbert, Theracus, Sir Hawthorne
T-9. dragonmaster384 - Greenscale Warriors x2, Nilfheim, Zelrig, Isamu, Otonashi, Morsbane + ?
T-9. scaper_dude - Grimnak, Heavy Gruts x4, Raelin RotV, Krav , Nerak
T-9. R˙chean - 10th Reg x3, Roman Legos x2, Marcus, Raelin RotV, Isamu, Mogrimm

Heat of Battle
winner: lonewolf - Grimnak, Heavy Gruts x4? (Gruts x3 + Nerak + filler?)
3rd: Mattsertruckrally (4-1) - Roman Legionnaires x4, Mogrimm, Raelin
I came in 2nd in Smack Down with Knights x3, Gilbert, Alastair, and MW, also.

I think Dragonmaster had Marcu on his team too.
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:28 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
My favorite by far is the Axegrinders. I don't know what it is about them, but they're just so much fun to play. And they win.
I'll second that. I started collecting Heroscape about a year ago, and I'm really glad I grabbed 3 sets of these guys. Three solid heroes to bond with and they give dragons a serious beat down.

Exactly why the Greenscale Warriors were such a great addition to the game. Using a dragon alone against dwarves was suicide. Greenscales provide a decent screen without doubling the amount of time it takes to play a game (Deathreavers).
Old August 16th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I updated the first post with Gen Con stuff. I'm going to try and only list tournament winners or Day 2 armies in the main event if possible. I know that there isn't enough tournament winning armies for everything so if there isn't I just posted what has done well.

The biggest thing to note was the GSW from Gen Con. Three of them made day 2 and one won Treasure Quest. Also there seems to be a lot of heavies and knight armies doing well. I wonder why....

I added a small portion about the Werewolf Lord with D2 but until I see him work well with the WoB I'm not moving them up. However I think I will be moving up the GSW.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 16th, 2010, 03:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Heavy Gruts (and fomox) also won Capture the Flag. (Heavy Grutsx4, Grimnak, Raelin) Never mind; nice work updating this MM.

Last edited by dok; August 16th, 2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old August 16th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Heavy Gruts (and fomox) also won Capture the Flag. (Heavy Grutsx4, Grimnak, Raelin)
It's already in there. I just bunched all the Heavies x 4 / Raelin / Grimnak armies together.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great thread MM. Personally I am a big fan of the Aquilla bonding armies. It is too bad that Estivara is for Utgar, excluding her from a General Wars match. I have to say it is hard to beat the Heavies in the MetaGame. They seem to match up the best against most of the more popular builds. Of course in the end it all comes down to execution and the luck of the dice. peace
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:21 PM

MarroCloner164 knows what's in an order marker MarroCloner164 knows what's in an order marker

I really like the Greenscale warriors - they always seem to do very well for me. I've done very well in the past with...

GSWx2
Othkurik
Venoc Vipersx2
Elite Onyx Vipers
Mittens

The last couple of games I've played, I really only activated the GSW and Othkurik, only taking a couple of turns with other units. They are a great match for eachother, as the GSW block Othkurik's weak defense and give him clumpy targets to acid splurch.

-MarroCloner 164
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:32 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm just starting to gather an Orc/Goblin force. I'll be buying a bunch from Auggies later this week.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:37 AM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

I like the Greenscale Warriors, becaause I very commonly use dragons in my armies, and I plan on getting Charos.

Old August 28th, 2010, 12:45 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?

Charos doesn't seem as powerful as Nilfy. One of the armies i plan on getting was
Nilfhiem
2x Greenscale Warriors
3x Marro Stingers
Isamu

Although I don't know how good it would be.

General Nilfy

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles