Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: White Knight's Star Wars Customs--Empire, Fringe, Rebels

Playtest Results Summary #3--Jedi versus Vydar
I ran two more 400 point army playtests this past weekend.

Scenario
Jedi and Wookies versus Team Vydar

Both battles were played on White Knight's Canyon Road battlefield:

Army #1--Jedi
Kai Winjay (140pts)
Beren Krane (140pts)
Batt Owlar (20pts)
Wookie Fighters (x2) (50x2=100pts)

Army #2--Vydar
Major Q9 (180pts)
Nakita Agents (120pts)
Krav Maga Agents (100pts)

First, I realized that I'd been playing the Wookies with a Range of 6 (instead of 1, like it says on their card). I actually like it better that way, so I changed their Range to 6 and will update the card soon.

Battle #1
The Jedi sent Beren Krane to try to disrupt the enemy's plans with Jedi Mind Trick 15. Team Vydar sent out the Nakita Agents and backed them up with Q9.

(This is a tough matchup for both the Jedi and the Nakita Agents--the Jedi needs to engage--but risks an engagement strike. The Nakita don't want to engage first--but they didn't want to attack with range and risk Lightsaber Deflection).

The Wookies advanced behind Beren Krane, and Q9 advanced. Q9 took out most of the Wookies before the Jedis realized that Beren Krane had to get back into the action. Unfortunately, by that time Q9 was on a roll (rolling 2 or 3 skulls on almost every Quelix gun attack, and rolling 4 or 5 on most defense rolls!) Q9 finished off the Wookies and Beren Krane.

Kai Windjay attacked Q9 and was able to get him up to 3 wounds, but Q9 finally managed to take him down. After that, it was pretty much over.

Team Vydar won with all agents remaining and Q9 at 3 wounds.

Battle #2
The Jedi sent Beren Krane out by himself with the sole purpose of taking out Q9. Q9, rather pleased with himself at how well he did last battle went out to meet Beren Krane 1 on 1.

Several blows were traded, but in the end Beren Krane took out Q9 and only took 2 wounds. The dice failed Q9 this battle.

With 2 order markers left on a destroyed Q9's card, Beren Krane was able to run forward and engage the Nakita agents (taking no wounds). The agents fought back valiantly, (cause 2 more wounds on Beren), but they were forced to engage in melee (rather than attack with range from height) to avoid Lightsaber Deflection.

Jedi win with all figures remaining and Beren with 4 wounds.

COMMENTS
I wanted to playtest the Jedi army against official figures to see if the points were about right. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell much from these two battles. Both were completely lopsided wins--one for Q9, and one for Beren.

Beren Krane is deadly against ranged squads, and he's a pretty good hero-killer, but he only gets one attack per turn. He also needs to be engaged to attack, so some rats can probably tie him up and allow another figure to take him out with a special attack.

The Wookies are a fun, hard hitting squad, but they are so quick that when one goes down it takes a while to bring in reinforcements. They are also a 3 man squad, which reduces their effectiveness.

Overall, I'm very happy with how my customs have performed. The Jedi are very intimidating and powerful, as they should be. The Wookies are fast and hit hard.
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:53 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: White Knight Star Wars--Battle Report Jedi vs Team Vydar

I did another playtest yesterday:
Jedis and Wookies versus
Q9, 3x Deathreavers, and 1x Deathstalkers

The rats were used as a screen to protect Q9 from the Jedi, but Beren Krane ignored the screen (taking 2 wounds because of disengagement) and went straight for Q9. His attack is the same as Carr and Drake's attack (6), but his 5 defense kept him alive long enough to take out the major again. (He had 5 wounds after dropping Q9.)

Unfortunately, the Wookies were way too powerful--with their 4 defense, the Deathreavers came in waves but couldn't even take down a single Wookie. (After a long, boring battle, all the Deathreavers finally went down.)

I updated the Wookie Fighters' card in my first post. 4 Attack/6 Range with 4 Defense was just too much for a 50 point common squad.

I decreased their Defense to 3, and I decreased their ranged attack to 3. Now they have a reason to actually engage opponents.

I'll have to do some 1-on-1 battles against Beren Krane to see if he's undercosted. (He's taken out Q9 on his own twice in a row, but both times Q9 need only one or two more hits to take him down.)
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:49 PM

Shadowsun68 Woo who?

I have a question were do you guys get your minifigures? Because i have a lot of ideas for Star Wars customs and don't have any minis.

OYA Kandosii mando'ade
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsun68 View Post
I have a question were do you guys get your minifigures? Because i have a lot of ideas for Star Wars customs and don't have any minis.
I get my minis from:

Auggies
http://www.auggiesgamesonline.com/

Miniature Market
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/

Cool Stuff Inc.
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/

Toad and Troll
http://www.trollandtoad.com/

I think all of them have Star Wars singles.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards