Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 19th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
White Knight's custom army cards: Updated 11-7-2011

UPDATED 11/7/2011

Over the summer I made a bunch of new customs for figures we had. I'm going to add them in by General.

UTGAR'S CUSTOMS

GLURK
A hero for the goblins.

FOMORIAN GIANT

EFREETI

DRAEGOLOTH
Inspired by Dok's Mallok custom. (Underdark Command and Drow Enhancement are from his card.)

XTX-2

NUBLINEX
A new race of aliens.

SLITH 'THON
Cult of the Dragon

SKALMAD THE TROLL KING
CHCG24 APPROVED!

BLADERAGER TROLL

DOOM
It's sad that this is the only dark dwarf I have (no friends), but I wanted to capture his hatred of normal dwarves.

GORM
Troglodyte leader.

TROGLODYTE GUARD

OGRE VANGUARD
(smaller than the D&D ogres, but larger than the humans)

AQUILLA'S CUSTOMS
Quamrak is my repaint of Mimring--giving Aquilla her blue dragon. Took and Sing are wild Kyrie, living deep in the jungles. (Project Pokemon members might notice that Fury Assault is very similar to Scyther's Fury Cutter.)

Dagolam is a more powerful version of Syvarris. Skywolf is powerful until he throws that tomahawk and Jotun stands on it (so he can't get it back).

WINGS OF WHITE OSPREY

DAGOLAM

TAIN QUICKSILVER

QUAMRAK

OBORO

TOOK

SING

SKYWOLF

COMANCHE BRAVES

JANDAR'S CUSTOMS
Shaladar is really fun to play--although I might need to raise her points a little. Lady Jennifer is a figure created for my daughter who loves animals. And I had to do something with all the army men my sons have collected!

SIR JUSTIN

SHALADAR

LADY JENNIFER

ROBOSAPIEN

SNOW APE

SNOW TROOPERS

DESERT ELITE

EINAR'S CUSTOMS
The Crystal Guard is another unit I haven't had a chance to try yet but I really like the design. I have two Crystal Guard figures that I plan to use together.

I don't have any of the official cowboys, but I have some cowboy figures from when I was a kid. They are a little bigger scale, but my boys don't mind.

STONE GIANT

CRYSTAL GUARD

TEXAS TRIO

RIFLEMEN

GATLIN GANG

ULLAR CUSTOMS
I really love the sculpt for Findolin. I wanted to make use of the eagle (like Sonlan makes use of his dragon), so I made the eagle a distraction.
Zehir was pretty much my son's design--he liked the idea of Champion's Glory.

FINDOLIN

ZEHIR

VYDAR CUSTOMS
I had some Dr. Who figures from a garage sale, and I saw an awesome Star Wars figure that looked perfect as an Agent. So Vydar added the Blackrock Foundation Agents.

AGENT ZERO

BLACKROCK FOUNDATION

SHADAR-KAI

VALKRILL CUSTOMS

SKELETONS

UNDYING SOLDIER

DIRE GUARD

BONE CYCLOPS
This is a less powerful version of the Bone Cyclops in my D&D thread.

XANTUS
This is a much less powerful version of the Sorrowsworn Reaper in my D&D thread.

KRAEN
My sons really felt this guy should fight for Valkrill.

Older cards:

BALORN

GILEANA

BARD
(I'll always remember how Bard took out Smaug in the Hobbit with just one arrow!)

THAK-TUAZIN
(My youngest son loves to play this guy because of his speed and jumping with those elven boots. We still can't agree on how to pronounce his name correctly.)

DWARVEN GUNNERS
(After playtesting, I realized that Tough 2 is really hard to overcome. The only army that did well against these guys had Grimnak--> CHOMP!)

DULORN

UTEM GUARDS
I made these guys up last year. It sort of reminds me of the new Exoskeleton ability.

DELMARIN
(Powerful attacks, but really needs a defense boost or he's out quickly)

KERAKK

TUROG GOBLINS

I didn't say it, but they can be affected by their own rockets.

Last edited by White Knight; December 30th, 2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old April 19th, 2010, 05:11 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: White Knight's custom army cards

Very nice. The wording could use some major cleanup though. I'll start with the Archers. How about "Apache Archers may double their movement. An Apache Archer that doubled its movement may not attack this turn"?

Old April 19th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

You've got some nice abilities on these cards. With a little editing to wording to make them more "official" and some tweaks to their stats, you've got a great start to some cool customs.

Bazooka Unit
For simplicity's sake, you might drop the separate rolls for the attack. Maybe lower it to 3 attack against the target and all adjacent figures. I see where you are going with it, extreme damage to the target and splash damage to those around it. Bazookas are pinpoint weapons designed to penetrate armor and destroy a single vehicle. What about keeping the attack at 5 and add "if the chosen figure is destroyed by Rocket Launcher Special Attack, roll 2 attack dice once for all adjacent figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Apache Archers
Wind Walk is a cool ability, but with a base move of 7, it may be a bit broken. They are moving on foot, so a base move of 5 might be more appropriate. The other option would be to reduce the amount of the bonus movment.
Wind Walk
If Apache Archers do not attack this turn they may move an additional 4 spaces.

Aramist has some neat abilities. I've seen attacks like Enchanted Arrows that had cleaner wording, but I can't remember what figure had them. Let me give it a shot

Enchanted Arrows Special Attack
Aramist begins each turn with 5 attack dice. When using Enchanted Arrows Special Attack, Aramist may attack with 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 dice. Aramist may continue attacking until all attack dice are rolled. Aramist may attack the same or different figure with each attack.

I think it reads something like that.

Missile Shield
Aramist and all friendly, adjacent figures may not be targeted by normal, non-adjacent attacks.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you are interested in making your cards look more "official" I would recommend visiting GreyOwl's Customizing Tools page here. He has templates for official Heroscape cards, dozens of his own creations, panels, fog, class/personality listings. These are usable with Photoshop and GIMP (GIMP is what I use).

Keep up the good work! And by that I mean playing games with your kids!

(Proud father of a 6-year old Scaper)

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 19th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Welcome to the site, White Knight!

First, I'd like to direct your attention to GreyOwl's customization tools found here. He has some great templates that will allow you to make your customs look very official.

Armist

For Enchanted Arrows Special Attack, 5 automatic skulls is incredibly powerful. That's equivilant to rolling 10 attack dice at range 6. I'm not specifically saying it's too powerful, but you should really increase his cost dramatically, if you want to keep it so strong.

For Missle Shield, official cards never describe what is happening in the power text. The description is always left in the power's name. Perhaps you can change the name to Magical Shield or something like that. Then, change the wording to: Opponent's figures must be adjacent to Armist, and all friendly figures adjacent to Armist, to attack them with a normal attack.

EDIT: Wow. Super-ninja by Mac122.
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Welcome to the site, White Knight!

First, I'd like to direct your attention to GreyOwl's customization tools found here. He has some great templates that will allow you to make your customs look very official.

Armist

For Enchanted Arrows Special Attack, 5 automatic skulls is incredibly powerful. That's equivilant to rolling 10 attack dice at range 6. I'm not specifically saying it's too powerful, but you should really increase his cost dramatically, if you want to keep it so strong.

For Missle Shield, official cards never describe what is happening in the power text. The description is always left in the power's name. Perhaps you can change the name to Magical Shield or something like that. Then, change the wording to: Opponent's figures must be adjacent to Armist, and all friendly figures adjacent to Armist, to attack them with a normal attack.

EDIT: Wow. Super-ninja by Mac122.
My first ever I think!
I misread the Enchanted Arrows - completely missed the auto-skull part.
I have to agree with Balantai, up to 5 auto-skulls against a single figure is huge.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:50 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I'll take your suggestions (especially about my unofficial wording) and update the cards in a day or two.

About Aramist
5 automatic skulls is a lot, but Q9 averages 4 to 5 skulls a turn as well--with a range of 6 (although not 4 to 5 skulls for a single attack). And Q9 has 7 defense dice. They both cost 180 points. Putting Q9 against Aramist, I'm thinking Q9 wins more than half the time. I'll run some tests to check that out.
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:58 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I'll take your suggestions (especially about my unofficial wording) and update the cards in a day or two.

About Aramist
5 automatic skulls is a lot, but Q9 averages 4 to 5 skulls a turn as well--with a range of 6 (although not 4 to 5 skulls for a single attack). And Q9 has 7 defense dice. They both cost 180 points. Putting Q9 against Aramist, I'm thinking Q9 wins more than half the time. I'll run some tests to check that out.
This is a very good comparison and is actually the same one that I used. This guy can get a massive first strike, but will fall in the second turn. I think he has just the right balance of risk, reward, and sacrifice. He would be a fun unit to play, but I think he would fall more often than not against the competative official units.

Old April 19th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

The fact that Q9 has 7 defense is exactly why your version is extremely powerful. Q9 gets at most, 3 attacks of 3 dice. This is an average of 1.5 skulls per attack. If Q9 was attacking Q9, his 7 defense will mathematically, defend all three attacks. But if Aramist attacks with 5 skulls, it will average almost 3 wounds per turn on Q9.

EDIT: In other words, if both Q9 and Aramist attack a figure with 0 defense, they are equally as strong. But as a figure's defense increases, Q9's value drops at a must faster rate than Aramist.
Old April 19th, 2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
The fact that Q9 has 7 defense is exactly why your version is extremely powerful. Q9 gets at most, 3 attacks of 3 dice. This is an average of 1.5 skulls per attack. If Q9 was attacking Q9, his 7 defense will mathematically, defend all three attacks. But if Aramist attacks with 5 skulls, it will average almost 3 wounds per turn on Q9.

EDIT: In other words, if both Q9 and Aramist attack a figure with 0 defense, they are equally as strong. But as a figure's defense increases, Q9's value drops at a must faster rate than Aramist.
I think that if you lowered his move to 5 and the range of the attack to 4 that would balance out this end. Queglix Gun still has a much higher range than Enchanted Arrows. Which I think is well regarded as the most important stat.

Old April 19th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Also, keep in mind that you don't see many "automatic skulls" in official Heroscape. If I'm not mistaken, Grungebob said they don't create cards with automatic skulls because it's gamebreaking. What if the power was worded similar to Q9.

Range 4. Attack Special.
Artimus starts each turn with 10 attack dice. Choose any figure within range and attack by rolling up to 10 attack dice. Major Q9 may keep making special attacks until he has rolled all 10 attack dice. Major Q9 may target the same or different figures with each attack.

This is essentially the same, but at least adds some of the dice rolling back into the power.
Old April 19th, 2010, 07:19 PM

Definately better. He would need something else to balance out the weakening though. Possibly a raise in life?

Old April 20th, 2010, 10:44 AM

I understand the "no automatic skulls" policy. I'll have to think about that.

Last night I tested Aramist against Q9. Three of the times I had Q9 win initiative, the other three I had Aramist win the initiative. No height advantages. Just a 1 on 1 battle on a flat battlefield.

Q9 won 4-2.

All battles went 2 rounds except for the two battles that Aramist won (Q9 rolled 0 shields for one battle and 1 shield for the other).

So far, Aramist has not been a gamebreaker. Those 5 automatic skulls are scary, but they lose power when you divide them up. Tonight I'm going to try him against 2-4 squads of Deathreavers. With their 5 defense, should Aramist divide out the skulls 2-2-1, 3-2, 4-1, or 2-1-1-1? Most likely Aramist can only take out 1 or 2 rats at time. I'll post results after I check it out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards