Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 12th, 2010, 11:19 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Big Bang Theory

Its probably my favorite show.
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Except the Bundy's won sometimes. It mocked Al's miserable life and yet he came out on top often. Same with all the characters.

However, a better rip on blue collar life was Roseanne by far (at least like the first 5 years, lets ignore the last couple )

Again, it's better when it mocks AND celebrates a group - not saying the show hasn't, just that the first episode was nothing but mocking.
It seems to me that, not having seen more than the first episode of the show, you're not exactly qualified to be arguing against it then.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM

Vanilla_Thunder has disabled reputation

Quote:
Except the Bundy's won sometimes. It mocked Al's miserable life and yet he came out on top often. Same with all the characters.

However, a better rip on blue collar life was Roseanne by far (at least like the first 5 years, lets ignore the last couple )

Again, it's better when it mocks AND celebrates a group - not saying the show hasn't, just that the first episode was nothing but mocking.
... and Leonard has scored Penny and Horiwitz is with a pretty hot girl... Raj scored last night with Winnie Cooper from the Wonder Years... so yeah they've moved out of the 'mocking' territory.

Maybe you should catch one of the newer episodes. The Christmas episode from Season 1 is still one of my favorites (Sheldon buying a gift for Penny).

Did you know Samuel L. Jackson was in Jaws? VVVVVV
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:

It seems to me that, not having seen more than the first episode of the show, you're not exactly qualified to be arguing against it then.
Considering I said that repeatedly that I've heard from other people who really like it that it must have improved, I don't see the issue. I only commented on the first episode and why I didn't like it. There was nothing for my wife or me there to enjoy and we barely finished it.

I'm sure if I had stuck with it I would have enjoyed it, but until they run it in syndication (probably soon) I'm not going to watch it. Don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing with Buffy (Why do I want to watch a TV show based on a horrible movie) and B5 (Watched like one episode, one of the weaker 1st season ones and never gave it a chance). In both cases, one it hit syndication I caught them from the first episode (due to people telling me I had to check it out) and quickly became addicted.

I truly hope I get addicted again.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:12 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree with Jim, people who don't laugh at this because it hits too close to their own stereotype are probably the same folks who laugh at numerous other stereotypes such as revenge of the nerds and the big dumb football players.
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:57 AM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This show is brilliant.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:19 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
This show is brilliant.
And smart too!!
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:56 AM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

I love it! At first I didn't want to watch it as the trailers made it look stupid. I got poisoned by food last year and watched it non-stop for both days. I am now officially hooked! It honestly reminds me of my friends and me back when I was in university.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV