Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 5th, 2016, 02:52 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Short and Stout

Dwarves x3
Mogrimm
Migol
Darrak

4/4 5 attacks a turn with either 4 dice (occasionally 6 with Darrak) or 2 with deadly strike. Plague could be annoying but I think there's enough here to kill them all really quickly. Master of the hunt ends up being relatively useless here since all the heroes defensive powers work really well against it.

~Dysole, dwarfing the competition
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:28 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Short and Stout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Dwarves x3
Mogrimm
Migol
Darrak

4/4 5 attacks a turn with either 4 dice (occasionally 6 with Darrak) or 2 with deadly strike. Plague could be annoying but I think there's enough here to kill them all really quickly. Master of the hunt ends up being relatively useless here since all the heroes defensive powers work really well against it.

~Dysole, dwarfing the competition
TSA x4-260
Kaemon-120
Raelin (SotM)-120

Counterstrike is the key to this game. They should be often without Raelin, so she only helps. I expect her to get a few kills as well. Kaemon is used mid to late game to finish off the tiny dwarves and their leaders. I could see this game going either way, but I'm going with the range mixed with counterstrike against your non special attacking melee.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old February 16th, 2016, 12:29 AM

sword4hire knows what's in an order marker sword4hire knows what's in an order marker
Elves and whom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
TSA x4-260
Kaemon-120
Raelin (SotM)-120

Counterstrike is the key to this game. They should be often without Raelin, so she only helps. I expect her to get a few kills as well. Kaemon is used mid to late game to finish off the tiny dwarves and their leaders. I could see this game going either way, but I'm going with the range mixed with counterstrike against your non special attacking melee.
Something a little unorthodox to counter counterstrike?

Aubriens x3-210
Arkmer-260
Sonlen-420
Kumiko-500

Archers spread out and Frenzy to take out Kaemon. Then send in the ninja with her barrage. Sonlen and Arkmer should easily outlast whatever is left.
Old February 16th, 2016, 09:25 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Elves and whom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword4hire View Post
Quote:
TSA x4-260
Kaemon-120
Raelin (SotM)-120

Something a little unorthodox to counter counterstrike?

Aubriens x3-210
Arkmer-260
Sonlen-420
Kumiko-500

Archers spread out and Frenzy to take out Kaemon. Then send in the ninja with her barrage. Sonlen and Arkmer should easily outlast whatever is left.
Zaeus-130
Gorillinators x2-180
Drake (SotM)-170
Marcu-20

Gorillinators fair well against the archers, but will fall to Kumiko if she engages them. They need to spread out as much as possible. When they grab the height, move Zaeus out to help out against the ninja. Drake does well to clean up against the ranged figures. Marcu gets a valuable glyph or sits in the back with his popcorn.

Old February 16th, 2016, 09:50 AM

TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Im not sure this is a valid solution but
Deadeye Dan 60 get those pesky nators.
Krug to get those melee figs 120
Grimnak for chompin the squads 120
4 squads of marro dividers 200 bog down Zaeus and drake
500 looking real good.

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248
Old February 16th, 2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelingScaper View Post
500 looking real good.
Black wyrms x10-300
Marro Warriors-50
Krav-100
Sahuagin Raiders x2-50

Black wyrms take out all of the dividers and eliminate the threat of cell divide. Whatever is left of them is to go after DED. Marro Warriors and Krav come to the party next and have some fun with the slow, melee, double-spaced heroes. I'd leave the Krav in the back if DED is still alive. The blood thirsty raiders are a last resort option against wounded heroes. They should be able to get at least one hit on each hero if need be.

Old February 16th, 2016, 10:30 AM

TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelingScaper View Post
500 looking real good.
Black wyrms x10-300
Marro Warriors-50
Krav-100
Sahuagin Raiders x2-50

Black wyrms take out all of the dividers and eliminate the threat of cell divide. Whatever is left of them is to go after DED. Marro Warriors and Krav come to the party next and have some fun with the slow, melee, double-spaced heroes. I'd leave the Krav in the back if DED is still alive. The blood thirsty raiders are a last resort option against wounded heroes. They should be able to get at least one hit on each hero if need be.
I Got nothing. You blew whatever was left of my mind to alpha prime

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248
Old February 16th, 2016, 11:33 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No Worries

Beakfaces x 9
Braxas
Marcu

Beakfaces are excellent anti range and should pretty easily kill a lot of stuff before they're all gone. Braxas can easily mop up in cleanup. Marcu is filler/early glyph grabber.

~Dysole, antirange
Old February 16th, 2016, 12:07 PM

Re: No Worries

Quote:
Beakfaces x 9
Braxas
Marcu

Beakfaces are excellent anti range and should pretty easily kill a lot of stuff before they're all gone. Braxas can easily mop up in cleanup. Marcu is filler/early glyph grabber.

~Dysole, antirange
Goblin Cutters x5-250
Charos-210
Siiv-40

Cutters for Sneaks; Charos for Braxas.

Old February 23rd, 2016, 01:09 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: No Worries

Quote:
Quote:
Beakfaces x 9
Braxas
Marcu

~Dysole, antirange
Goblin Cutters x5-250
Charos-210
Siiv-40

Cutters for Sneaks; Charos for Braxas.
Isamu-10pts
Cloning Vat-0pts
49 Uncommon clones of Isamu-490pts
Isamu will just be himself x50 and kill everything.
All that aside.
Cathar Spearmenx2 150
10th Regiment X2 150
Marcus Decimus 100
Roman Legos x2 100
Cathar Spearmen to hold the line against all the goblins and siiv, also good against charos with their reach. 10th reg backed by marcus getting an enhanced wait then fire, and some legos to back marcus for any odds and ends.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 23rd, 2016, 02:44 PM

Range>Melee???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Cathar Spearmenx2 150
10th Regiment X2 150
Marcus Decimus 100
Roman Legos x2 100
Cathar Spearmen to hold the line against all the goblins and siiv, also good against charos with their reach. 10th reg backed by marcus getting an enhanced wait then fire, and some legos to back marcus for any odds and ends.
DED-60
Syvarris-100
Zetacron-60
Deathwalker 8000-130
Major Q10-150

An OM nightmare for sure, but it should do fine against all the melee. DW8K should have some fun against the average attack and defense squads. Syvarris would start and assumably take out a bit over a squad of whatever you open with. Once Syvarris inevitably falls, DW8K comes next and has fun with the special attack. Zetacron will be for Marcus whenever the opportunity arises. Major Q10 serves as fantastic cleanup against all of your army using Machine Pistol as much as possible until Q10 is engaged. DED doesn't do much, but he has the highest range in the game and that's kinda the entire point in my counter.

Old February 26th, 2016, 03:14 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Range>Melee???

Quote:
DED-60
Syvarris-100
Zetacron-60
Deathwalker 8000-130
Major Q10-150

An OM nightmare for sure, but it should do fine against all the melee. DW8K should have some fun against the average attack and defense squads. Syvarris would start and assumably take out a bit over a squad of whatever you open with. Once Syvarris inevitably falls, DW8K comes next and has fun with the special attack. Zetacron will be for Marcus whenever the opportunity arises. Major Q10 serves as fantastic cleanup against all of your army using Machine Pistol as much as possible until Q10 is engaged. DED doesn't do much, but he has the highest range in the game and that's kinda the entire point in my counter.
Axegriders x5 350
Q10 500

Dwarves cause they are fun and should handle all your large units. Q10 to cause a break in the fabric of reality from meeting himself

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion