Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old March 17th, 2014, 12:06 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
A Lucky Find

People in my neighborhood often leave unwanted stuff out on the sidewalk. It makes sense -- storage is at a premium in Brooklyn, so saving up stuff for a "stoop sale" (our version of a yard or garage sale, because who has a yard or a garage?) isn't always possible. And it's the local version of recycling -- nothing stays outside for very long. I've picked up plenty of "street treasure," as my kids call it, over the years, including a pretty nice set of Go stones and some old games I've traded on BGG. But today, I must have the luck of the 1/16 Irish -- are those green hexes I spy peeking out of a brown paper bag? Why yes they are!

I haven't done a count yet but it looks like most of the terrain (and ruins!) from an ROTV set, minus the water tiles, a folded-up ROTV box, and the two instruction books. (Anyone need these?) No figures or cards. My guess is they were kept as toys (or grabbed by another passersby who left the tiles behind.)

Can't beat the price!
Old March 17th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: A Lucky Find

Happy Saint Patricks Day you lucky lucky man. :P

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 8th, 2015, 09:56 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I encountered a 2-headed dragon on 5th Street last night.

It of course caught my eye. As stated above, I have found quite a number of interesting games and toys left out on the sidewalk in Brooklyn. I picked it up -- a nice sculpt, with one head breathing fire. But clearly impossible to fit on a double base.... What ho, what is this? Sitting next to the dragon was a bag, in which a box labelled D&D Miniatures. Loot!

Upon returning home, I counted my spoils: A complete, unpunched Horrorclix base set, including a really good sized tree figure I'm going to add to my Forest faction. A set of rules and maps for the D&D miniatures game. (Is it actually any good?) A 20-sided die. Sleeved cards in a deck box. And upwards of 50 miniatures, including a Frost Titan!

I ran the D&D figures through Auggie's Buy Site and came up with a total around $80.

I wish I knew the story here. The owner clearly cared for the collection, and even if it had sat unplayed for a while I don't see why they wouldn't have just put it all up on eBay or something. I sure hope it wasn't a case of "let's clean out Johnny's room while he's off at college."

At any rate, I am a happy Scaper! I am planning on selling some, keeping some, and giving some away -- it looks like the Pay It Forward thread has fizzled out so perhaps I will restart it. Will post pix soon.

Last edited by IshMEL; June 8th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old June 8th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

50 minis!? I'm moving to Brooklyn.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 8th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

"No sleep 'till"

What a haul. Just saw some tiles for sale at a local comic book store. $8 for a single 24 hex tile! I could not believe my eyes. I bought my first two RotVs for $10 each.
Those hexes are gold.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2015, 02:35 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Awesome. Great find!

Did you get a "Rasputin" figure? I could see you coming up with some great ideas for him : P

Maybe bring back your "Souls of Vengeance" squad.

Old June 8th, 2015, 05:14 PM

Well @TheAverageFan I can't promise the streets here are paved with hexes and littered with figures. I'm just lucky I guess....

No, @obfuscatedhippo , I didn't get a Rasputin. Cool figure though. The base starter comes with a Vampire-In-A-Miniskirt (who I think will make a passable Drusilla for my Buffy customs), a chainsaw wielding guy in a white mask who is Not Jason, a guy in a straitjacket with tentacles sprouting out of his back (!), a werewolf dragging a deer head, a hanged ghost, and an Undead Biker. Frankly I am not sure just what I will do with most of them, at least not yet.

Oh and my Soul of Vengeance lives on (so to speak) as a Common Hero.

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 8th, 2015, 05:57 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

The OP reminds me of an episode of How I Met Your Mother. I think their stuff disappeared before they got to the door if I remember correctly.
Old June 9th, 2015, 09:39 AM

So, as promised here's pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

All in all, a pretty good haul! I'll be updating my trade thread soon...
Old June 9th, 2015, 01:30 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Go Go fellow Brooklynite!

I once picked up a large Noah's Ark toy at a stoop sale in your neighborhood, which later appeared on my table as a Martian Canal Boat in the only 54mm steampunk game I ever ran.

Too bad you can't leave a Thank You note and buy someone a milkshake...
Old June 9th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

That is a sweet dragon. Any idea on what game/toy line it came from?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 9th, 2015, 04:59 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Wow, you scored!!!

I can certainly see the Tree of the Damned in your forest-faction : P

I have the War-Troll. He's a pretty cool sculpt and I was kicking around ideas for him. I could see you whipping something up for that.

Peace,
*Kai

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales