Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:13 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket View Post
I have been a Viking fans since age 10 or so. I have been waiting a long time for this. I don't want to have my hopes dashed like they were in the '98 game against the Falcons (I was at that game). The stadium was out of control with only a couple of minutes on the clock and the Vikings ready to go ahead 10 pts when Anderson missed a less than 25 yrd field goal left by about 2 feet (his only miss of the entire season.)

I don't want that to happen again. Vikings by 10, or my basement might flood from the unstoppable tears.
I was living in Atlanta at the time. I fondly remember that as one of my favorite games of all time (as a fan). It was a great come back against all odds (having one of the best kickers miss a chip shot in a dome). Sure we got crushed in the Super Bowl, but that game was AWESOME.

Thank you Vikings!

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

The amusing (and pathetic) thing about that game is that had we played that Falcons team 9 more times, we'd likely have won the remaining 9 games. That's how fluky that game was.

It made our recent blowout of Dallas all that much more enjoyable since it was Keith "I whine a lot" Brookings who did that stupid Falcons wing thing to our fans during the game. So fun to score that extra TD on the Cowboys and watch him come crying over to our bench. So satisfying.
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviofDoom View Post
injure Drew Brees first time he tries to throw
This isn't a nice way to root for our team, dude. I don't want to see anyone get hurt...that's uncool.
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:19 PM
p-o'd exaderater

LeviofDoom is surprisingly tart

without him we will win though!!! but i do like him a heck of a lot better than tony homo...

My 2011 tourney record: 7-7
My 2010 tourney record: 7-9
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:25 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
I fondly remember that as one of my favorite games of all time (as a fan).
It was my favorite 58 minutes of football ever. It was the last 8 minutes (2 minutes regulation and 6 or so minutes of overtime) That really turned it for me.

I just re-watched that game on NFL network yesterday afternoon.

Another knife to the heart for me on that one was the fact it was Terrance Mathis who caught the TD to tie the game. Mathis was probably (up to that point) the best NFL player to ever come out of the University of New Mexico, where I got my degree (he played while I was there). I always liked to see him do well. Why did it have to be him who stuck it to my Vikings?

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:04 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah I'm just waiting for the Brett Favre show. Despite him going to the Vikings, and some of the other stuffs, I'm still a fan of his and want to see him get to another big game. Plus if the Packers can't have it, at least let the NFC North go somewhere.

And finally, its not like I need to fear the Vikings for many more seasons. I mean Favre can't be around forever, Rodgers has to be able to outlast him. I'm looking forward to the upcoming years, GB is going to be coming on while MN still needs a QB. But for the rest of this season I'm with Favre, and therefore the Vikings. Although if an AP fumble loses the game, I'd be okay with that too...

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 24th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Man, this is some football. I'd love to see the Jets finish this. I love a good Cinderella. I'd like to see them go all the way. That way I can say Miami beat them twice.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:29 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Man, this is some football. I'd love to see the Jets finish this. I love a good Cinderella. I'd like to see them go all the way. That way I can say Miami beat them twice.
Yea I play football at the high school Mark Sanchez went to. Almost everybody down here is rooting for the Jets. It'd be cool to see him pull it off.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Yea I play football at the high school Mark Sanchez went to. Almost everybody down here is rooting for the Jets. It'd be cool to see him pull it off.
Doesn't look like he will...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:21 PM
p-o'd exaderater

LeviofDoom is surprisingly tart

He didnt :P go Colts! But go Vikings More!!!!

My 2011 tourney record: 7-7
My 2010 tourney record: 7-9
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:56 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow! I know Favre can be interception prone, but that was a rookie mistake, throwing back across the field off his back foot. Wonder if he just cost the Vikings the Super Bowl?
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Messy Eater

Utter BS. ****ty ref calls here at the end.

Oh well. What an awful game all around. Just awful. Shameless on the Saints for trying to take out Favre - they've lost any respect I had for them (which was previously sizable).

It sure looks like we were a better team - far more yards, more coverage...without the ridiculous fumbles (which only AP was prone to and certainly not THIS many)...we'd have won handily.

Oh well. Grats to the Saints..

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV