Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 21st, 2022, 10:50 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Smurf along with me: la la la-la la la!

The new stuff looks good to me and I'm so excited that you're working on this again!

I'm already looking forward to ordering a complete deck for Classic + C3V + SoV.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 21st, 2022, 11:34 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
The new stuff looks good to me and I'm so excited that you're working on this again!

I'm already looking forward to ordering a complete deck for Classic + C3V + SoV.
Thanks, caps. I agree all around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Regarding the movement icon, I haven't mocked that up yet, but the idea is pretty straightforward, and one I referenced earlier in the thread. Show an overhead view of few hexes with a line/arrow representing movement over them. I'll create a mockup soon. That icon has to be green to meet the callback requirement to the move areaa on the original cards, which is actually quite nice because the hexes get to be green, as in grass.
...and if I didn't explain this well, a quick sketch of samples that show the idea (but not a good execution of it) is in the spoiler:
Spoiler Alert!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 21st, 2022, 11:37 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I love the move icons!

--
--
--

--
Old October 21st, 2022, 06:00 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just to get a feel for the two new icons (move and range), here is a quick, mostly blank card using the WIP template redo:
Quote:
There are stroke (i.e., the "black outline") issues to clear up with those first two icons so they coordinate with the other two correctly (e.g., the green hexes need that thick black outline), but this give you an early peek to get the gist...and maybe the knobby version of the rifle scope will work...

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 21st, 2022, 06:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks great. I loved your card design. It makes me want to do up a simple but nice looking card playing card in photoshop. The new cards out for AoA have an incredibly boring flat interface. I think I may mock up a version of my own with a heart for life, loved the foot emblem for move, range attack and defense look great. Love those. Good to see you back working on these. Very cool.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 21st, 2022, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Just to get a feel for the two new icons (move and range), here is a quick, mostly blank card using the WIP template redo:

There are stroke (i.e., the "black outline") issues to clear up with those first two icons so they coordinate with the other two correctly (e.g., the green hexes need that thick black outline), but this give you an early peek to get the gist...and maybe the knobby version of the rifle scope will work...
I dig it.

--
--
--

--
Old October 23rd, 2022, 02:46 PM
Super Smurfy

I was talking over the range icon with my daughter. She right away bumped on the ogre not looking the best as-is behind the number. (Note that of the numbers 1-9, 9 does make the ogre look the worst (even worse than an , but all of them are pretty distracting).

She suggested trying it as-is, just without the ogre. I tried it and like it.

We also played around with making the ogre smaller and moving it onto different hexes. Here are some samples. Top right is the original from the Syvarris blank sample, top left is just removing the ogre, and the bottom row are tiny ogres moved to other hexes.

What are your opinions? Which is best?

Old October 23rd, 2022, 03:06 PM

I think top left (no ogre) is the best.

--
--
--

--
Old October 23rd, 2022, 07:09 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Ditto from me, and @Xorlof , have the move arrow go NE, then N (counter-clockwise). That way it goes around the number and is more obvious. Also, I think solid white for the numbers would look better.

These are looking good, keep it up!
Old October 23rd, 2022, 09:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Yep. Definitely that one. You don't want too much noise in the signal.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 23rd, 2022, 09:03 PM

Quote:

I think each of the symbols needs a little more contrast between the two shades.

--
--
--

--
Old October 24th, 2022, 02:01 PM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yep. Definitely that one. You don't want too much noise in the signal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Ditto from me
That was our favorite too. I didn't want to say anything to sway others' opinions, so I guess that's the clear favorite! You'll see an example of a variant of it on-card below. Still needs a bit of tweaking so the number doesn't interact with that top know in the strange way it does (plus the final consistency tweaks all of the icons will need after the designs aren't as much of a moving target), but otherwise I think for range we (finally!) have winner, winner, chicken dinner for range!!!

Now on to move:

Quote:
have the move arrow go NE, then N (counter-clockwise). That way it goes around the number and is more obvious.
Again in discussion with my daughter, she suggested something similar, but then also suggested trying the hexes pointy side up. I think both are the right choice. Pointy side up is another nice callback to the original cards, and also allows the generally northeasterly heading arrow to finish pointing in the NE direction instead of just N; pointing E might help evoke forward progress (in fact, with this 7-hex arrangement I should also try the arrow pointing from the leftmost hex to the rightmost hex). You'll see an example in the image below.

Quote:
Also, I think solid white for the numbers would look better.
Is it that you want them brighter or that you don't like the icon showing through them? If the latter, the sample below has opaque, but not white text. I will also give a sample with white text soon (and with the arrow change I mentioned in that previous paragraph).

Quote:
I think each of the symbols needs a little more contrast between the two shades.
I will try that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I think I may mock up a version of my own with a heart for life, loved the foot emblem for move, range attack and defense look great. Love those. Good to see you back working on these. Very cool.
Yes, it's fun to be back on this project. I think heart will win out for life, but I'm also playing around with improving the blood spatter concept. Is the move icon in the sample below better or is the foot still your preference?

Here is the latest sample. I think we are narrowing in on better/final icon concepts:

Quote:
One additional change I want to try with the move icon is adding in a nod to the "cracked" texture from a Heroscape tile to the hexes, at least subtly.

Thank you all!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations