Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:40 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

SoA, I like the first revision better than the original, but it makes him feel very much like a Warlord. Not sure what to suggest--all of the Warforged heroes so far have had a distinctly original power. Maybe that's what's bugging me about this design--it doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table. Many times that's okay, and maybe it's okay in this case, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

IshMEL, I like where you're headed. Cadaverous Grasp seems like a step up, but is there anyway you can make it slightly more clear that its a defensive reaction? Cadaverous Countergrasp sounds too literal, but something along those lines?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Cadaverous Blight?
Cadaverous Cloud?
Curse of the Crypt?
Aura of Death?

Not sure what you actually have in mind. Does he literally try to grab everyone who attacks him? Or is he infected with something that when he's attacked is released? (Like mummy dust or alien blood?)

I'll admit that I see it more as a Necrotic Dust or something that is stirred when he is struck--often back in the face of the one who hit him. But I'm not sure what you are going for.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Cadaverous Blight?
Cadaverous Cloud?
Curse of the Crypt?
Aura of Death?

Not sure what you actually have in mind. Does he literally try to grab everyone who attacks him? Or is he infected with something that when he's attacked is released? (Like mummy dust or alien blood?)

I'll admit that I see it more as a Necrotic Dust or something that is stirred when he is struck--often back in the face of the one who hit him. But I'm not sure what you are going for.
From the original name it sounds like he grabs them and spreads a sort of infection in retribution for the attack.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:07 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For the Vanguard Leadership ability- I'd like to see some limiter in there, even if it's a minor one. Let him add 1 to movement for all warforged that start their movement within 8(10?) clear spaces of him. Then you can't just stick him in your start zone and benefit the entire game. You might have to spend a turn maneuvering him up for maximum benefit. At least it could require a little thought and strategy this way.

I also think his initiative bonus should only work if all order markers are on warforged units. He looks more like the leader of the warforged, not anyone who happens to be thrown in with him.

---

For Lord Revadac, I like the sound of Cadaver Particles. Just the sort of thing to be kicked up and breathed in when you hit him.

As far as his Insanity, I wish you'd take it even further. Make the fail hurt even more, have him attack the nearest friendly creature (moving to them, if he's able to reach them). But, on a high success (17+?) give him a +2 to attack, defense and move for the turn.

I'd love if he had another ability - Inspiring Fear. Give +1 movement to all your units that start within 4 spaces of him. So, do you move him up with your troops and benefit from the fear-inspired movement bonus, but risk him turning on his own troops in his madness? Or do you leave him in the back, sending his troops out to fight and die before he takes the field in a mad rush? I like this sort of risk-based decision making where it makes sense.

Last edited by Serenity; March 22nd, 2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:14 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
For the Vanguard Leadership ability- I'd like to see some limiter in there, even if it's a minor one. Let him add 1 to movement for all warforged that start their movement within 8(10?) clear spaces of him. Then you can't just stick him in your start zone and benefit the entire game. You might have to spend a turn maneuvering him up for maximum benefit. At least it could require a little thought and strategy this way.
I think this is a bad idea for two reasons--one, keeping track of where a unit started can get to be a pain. Two, this issue already exists with Warden 816 and Marcus Decimus Gallus. Even if it were a good idea to begin with, adding that kind of complexity is not worth breaking precedent.

Quote:
I also think his initiative bonus should only work if all order markers are on warforged units. He looks more like the leader of the warforged, not anyone who happens to be thrown in with him.
This is pretty reasonable suggestion, though, if you decide to keep the Initiative bonus. Not sure you should take this suggestion (sometimes multi-synergy figures are better), but its worth considering.

--
--
--

--
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:38 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think Warden and Marcus' power could have been made more interesting and strategic, so though it is precedent I'm not sure it is the best model for future units.

Perhaps keeping it to just a clear line of sight and not a distance would make it less complex, but still offer some times where it made a difference in strategy?

I added some Lord Revadac ideas to my last post, btw.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I think this is a bad idea for two reasons--one, keeping track of where a unit started can get to be a pain. Two, this issue already exists with Warden 816 and Marcus Decimus Gallus. Even if it were a good idea to begin with, adding that kind of complexity is not worth breaking precedent.

Quote:
This is pretty reasonable suggestion, though, if you decide to keep the Initiative bonus. Not sure you should take this suggestion (sometimes multi-synergy figures are better), but its worth considering.
I agree with you o the rest, but not really this. You check this before moving, not after.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
For Lord Revadac, I like the sound of Cadaver Particles. Just the sort of thing to be kicked up and breathed in when you hit him.
I'm fine with the concept here, but Particles sounds way too Sci-Fi for a Fantasy unit.

Quote:
As far as his Insanity, I wish you'd take it even further. Make the fail hurt even more, have him attack the nearest friendly creature (moving to them, if he's able to reach them). But, on a high success (17+?) give him a +2 to attack, defense and move for the turn.
I'm neutral on the second half of the suggestion (although I'm not sure I see it), but we already discussed a move-to-the-nearest-friendly tweak. I don't think it would work.

Quote:
I'd love if he had another ability - Inspiring Fear. Give +1 movement to all your units that start within 4 spaces of him. So, do you move him up with your troops and benefit from the fear-inspired movement bonus, but risk him turning on his own troops in his madness? Or do you leave him in the back, sending his troops out to fight and die before he takes the field in a mad rush? I like this sort of risk-based decision making where it makes sense.
Again with the possible keeping-track-of-who-started-where confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
I agree with you o the rest, but not really this. You check this before moving, not after.
That's all fine and dandy until you undo a move, or second-guess something.

--
--
--

--
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So how is that harder to remember than where the figure started on a normal move?

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
So how is that harder to remember than where the figure started on a normal move?
I don't think it would be that much harder than Acolarh, it does have precedent.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM

I only thought of Cadaver Particles because I had recently listened to a very interesting podcast that talked about Invisible Cadaver Particles as a theory in the 1800s. Just because I found it so interesting as a look back at the evolution of medicine, here's some information.

The first person to realize that an infectious organism could be transmitted from one person to another was the Hungarian physician Ignaz Phillip Semmelweis. Between 1847 and 1849, Semmelweis observed that women who had their babies at the hospital with the help of medical students and physicians were four times as likely to contract puerperal fever as those who gave birth with the help of midwives. He concluded that the physicians and the students were infecting women with the material remaining on their hands after autopsies and other activities. He suggested that "invisible cadaver particles" might be responsible for the transmission of disease from autopsy to patient. Semmelweis thus required handwashing with a chlorine solution "until the hands were slippery and the odor of the cadaver was gone" before examining patients or delivering babies. This handwashing regimen led to a dramatic decrease in the number of cases of puerperal fever and saved the lives of many women. As a result, Semmelweis is credited with being the pioneer of antisepsis in obstetrics. Unfortunately, in his own time, most of the medical establishment refused to acknowledge his contribution and adopt his procedures. After years of rejection, Semmelweis had a nervous breakdown in 1865. He died a short time later of a wound infection. It is very probable that it was a streptococcal infection, arising from the same pathogen he had struggled against his whole professional life.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
I don't think it would be that much harder than Acolarh, it does have precedent.
Yes, I forgot about Acolarh. Starting adjacent does have precedent. Starting within an aura sounds messy and it really is something I would rather not see. Maybe its not that bad and wouldn't be a big deal, but its not something I would personally like to see happen. Maybe I'm the only one, in which case my concern would be overriden, I'm sure.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards