Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:02 AM

Wild_Imagination Woo who?
Lightbulb An elemental & wyrmling for Ullar....

Ullar missed out on both a wyrmling and an elemental, so...

Wood Elemental (Ullar)
Elemental
Common Hero
Construct
Tricky
Medium 5

Life: 1
Movement: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 3
Cost: 35

Abilities
Water / Ice Bonding
After revealing an order marker on a Wood Elemental's Army Card, before taking that Wood Elemental's turn, you may take a turn with any water or ice construct.

Wormwood Seeding
After moving and before attacking, you may roll a D20. Roll 1 - 10, nothing happens. Roll 11-20 and one adjacent common squad's card has been seeded. Seeds effects turns taken with common squad. When a order marker activates the seeded common squad's card, roll a D20. Roll 1-5 and the figure(s) associated with the affected card cannot move for this turn.

Cliff Roots
Two levels up count as one move. Adjacent figures with 1 level higher ground advantage do not get extra die to roll for attack.

Negative Element Weakness
If a Wood elemental ever lands on lava, the figure is destroyed. When rolling for Searing Intensity, add 2 to whatever is rolled. Roll one less dice against figures with Lava Resistant.

If WotC ever makes one, they should use the Wood Woad:

... although, I'll go with the Mage Knight Oak Warrior ...

===============================

Green Wyrmling (Ullar)
Dragon
Common Hero
Wyrmling
Valiant
Small 3

Life: 1
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4
Cost: 30

Abilities
Counter Strike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Wyrmling Bonding
After revealing an order marker on a Green Wyrmling Army Card, before taking that Green Wyrmling's turn, you may take a turn with one other Wyrmling you control.

Flying
When counting spaces for a Green Wyrmling's movement, ignore elevations. A Green Wyrmling may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Green Wyrmling is engaged when it starts to fly, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Use the D&D Bronze Wyrmling:

Last edited by Wild_Imagination; October 24th, 2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Change Post Subject....
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:31 AM

Exclamation Re: A couple more for Ullar....

Since the Green Wyrmling was fairly straight forward ....

I'll make up the Wood Elemental (both Wood Woad figure and Oak Warrior) once I've had a chance to play test it.
Old October 31st, 2010, 12:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: An elemental & wyrmling for Ullar....

The green wyrmling is perfect - exactly how they should make it.

I agree with the wood elemental being the obvious elemental for Ullar. This fits the Chinese elements theory of the original five generals, which was always my favorite of those sorts of theories. However, water/ice bonding seems extraneous given the existence of Kurrok, and out of place when comparing it to the other elementals. I like the idea of seeding, but it's basically impossible to keep track of as currently worded - something much more simple based on cyberclaw seems to make more sense. Cliff roots is a good concept but needs to get worded better (and if they have that power, they shouldn't have 6 move).
Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:01 AM

Re: An elemental & wyrmling for Ullar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The green wyrmling is perfect - exactly how they should make it.

I agree with the wood elemental being the obvious elemental for Ullar. This fits the Chinese elements theory of the original five generals, which was always my favorite of those sorts of theories. However, water/ice bonding seems extraneous given the existence of Kurrok, and out of place when comparing it to the other elementals. I like the idea of seeding, but it's basically impossible to keep track of as currently worded - something much more simple based on cyberclaw seems to make more sense. Cliff roots is a good concept but needs to get worded better (and if they have that power, they shouldn't have 6 move).
I wanted the water/ice bonding since it would give another turn giver for water, and the first turn giver for ice. I really wanted a way to bond with the Ice Elemental to make it do more, and if ice is bonded thought water should too. Although a double wood elemental pair like the wyrmlings would be good too. Don't know, but it would be nice to have your elemental army not completely hinged on Kurrok.
I'm planning on trying to make up a custom for the Greater Water Elemental, it would probably be a better candidate for bonding with Ice. Then have it so it's possible to have a couple of wood elemental work independent from Kurrok ... giving you the marching trees affect.

The seeding would be represented by a disk counter on the army card. Could use the brown ones from Morsbane. Each wood elemental would only have one disk to place (to keep it from completely out of hand). So if your common squad army card had the disk all of the commons of that type would be affected. Causing players not to have piles of the same common just in case it was seeded. The wood elemental would still need to get to the common figure.
Perhaps have it only possible before the WE moves? That way it would have to A) survive until it's next turn, and B) still be adjacent to a common squad.
Maybe just make it all commons hitting squads & heroes alike.

Why would the cliff roots slow it down? I was thinking how creeper vines in movies seemed move very quickly. Changing the movement for just climbing seems overly complex. (erm, just realized changing the movement for climbing is exactly what I did with Cliff Roots... Still wanted one elemental that was quick. Water has been done, and really the one that should have gotten a 6 movement. Probably should knock WE's speed back down to 5...)
Perhaps:
CLIFF ROOTS
For movement up elevation, two levels up count as one. Engaged figures with 1 level higher ground advantage do not get the extra die to roll for attack.

That way it counts towards elevation levels, but not the end space. I wanted a reverse of the Metal Elemental Wall ... quick to go up, but can't jump down more than normal.

Last edited by Wild_Imagination; November 2nd, 2010 at 08:43 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs