Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old May 5th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: A Collection of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
We apologize for the stupidity of our last remark.

More treasures I had forgotten about:

Throwing knife: Can be used instead of attacking. Range 5 Attack 5. Has 3 attack on huge figures. If the figure is destroyed by this attack, place the throwing knife where the destroyed figure was at the time of attack. If they survive, destroy the throwing knife.

Attack Shield 3: Can be used up to three times. Use during an attack roll. Reroll dice that weren't skulls.

Defense Shield 3: Can be used up to three times. Use during a defense roll. Reroll dice that weren't shields.

Extra dice 3: 1-time use. Use when rolling attack or defense dice. Add three dice to the number of dice you're rolling.

Potions: These can be up to two servings: They can be drunk by the one holding it at any time during their turn (only one serving per turn). Effects vary on potion type.
Types of potions: Normal: heals 2 wounds per serving. Super: Heals 4 wounds per serving. Miracle: Heals 4 wounds (even fatal) per serving, as well as negation.

Backpack: Takes up one space, and increases the number of items your hero can carry by 3. (for those of us who play with a limited number of space per hero ).
Hmm. I'm a little concerned about your treasures. The thing is in heroscape any ability that can be used more than once but only for a limited number of times is usually given markers or tokens, to serve as reminders for how many uses are left or how many times it has been used. It would be a big help if someone we're to find a good way to clearly word such an addendum. Cool limited use abilities would become more popular in limited play I think. Even if people only use wound markers marked with sharpie.

Until then I'm a little hesitant to add multiple use traps/treasures etc to the list. (Que person who finds something very similar to this description already on the list that slipped by me.)

I'm not opposed to the idea I just want to find an easy way to keep track and to phase it without taking up a ton of space.
Glyphs with a limited amount of uses I put one wound marker on top of that glyph for each use. Once three markers are on it, discard the glyph. That's the way I keep track.

Yes, though, that is an excellent point! I highly suggest using sharpied wound markers (or perhaps any excess round or grenade markers work, too)!

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:08 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

I've been in a lull lately, but I still want to create my own campaign. I will go ahead and say that I am satisfied with my elemental summoning treasure as tweaked by 1Mmirg, and I will include it in my future campaign as a temporary treasure glyph. Let's call this the text that would look best on the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroll of Elemental Summoning
This figure may use this scroll before attacking. Roll the 20-sided die to summon an elemental under your control and place it onto any empty space adjacent to this figure. If you roll a 1-4, place an Air Elemental. If you roll a 5-8, place a Water Elemental. If you roll an 9-12, place an Earth Elemental. If you roll a 13-16, place a Fire Elemental. If you roll a 17-19, place one of those four elementals of your choice. If you roll a 20, place a Greater Ice Elemental. The summoned elemental is always destroyed at the end of a scenario and does not carry over into the following scenario.
Sound solid?

I'm the wiener, you're the bun. Come on over, let's have fun!

Confirmed Good Traders: tcglkn, DragonSlayer2
Old June 4th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogusoid View Post
Scroll of Elemental Summoning
Added.
Hope you enjoyed play-testing it.
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:11 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

For massive campaigns:

The Hoarder Spirit Trap

When this trap is activated, all of the treasure glyphs that are being held by party members, along with all of the treasure glyphs on the battlefield, are immediately destroyed.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old September 23rd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Here are the couple of traps that I developed for my maps that have treasure glyphs:

Clinging Acid
Place one wound marker on the figure's card, plus an additional wound marker on that card for each unrevealed order marker on each unit that can take a turn with that figure.

Punjee Stakes
If you rolled a 2-5 the figure's base Move is halved (rounded up) for the rest of the current round and the entire next round. If you rolled a 1 the figure's base Move is halved (rounded up) for the rest of the game.

I've struggled with the wording for Clinging Acid, but my goal was too make it so that you couldn't avoid damage by using a bonding hero to take the glyph. If anyone has any suggestions to help clean it up I'd love to hear them.

As a side note, Obsidian's Reversal Trap is awesome!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:57 PM

Boottrap has disabled reputation

Here's a treasure that I've had the idea for, but never got around to testing in a battle...

Mirror Shield- When the figure holding the Mirror Shield recieves a normal or special attack from a non adjacent figure, and rolls the same amount of shields or more shields than the attacking figure rolled skulls, the attacking figure must roll defense dice against its own attack...

I suppose for any issues that it may raise, you could say that the attack that the attacker has to defend against is coming from the figure that is holding the Mirror Shield...in fact, a better way to phrase that might be "the attacking figure must roll defense dice for an equal attack from the figure holding the Mirror Shield"

*Now that I think about it, it may be more balanced if it was more sheilds than skulls only...like Evil Eye Defense, but with a twist...

**I remembered another old idea, so rather than posting again, I'll stick it on the end here...

Cursed Ring- As long as a figure is carrying this cursed ring he/she subtracts two spaces from his/her normal move value. At the end of every round the figure holding this cursed ring recieves a wound. This treasure cannot be dropped unless the figure carrying it is destroyed. If the figure carrying the cursed ring moves adjacent to any other figure that is able to hold a treasure glyph, they must immediately place the cursed ring on that figure's army card. If there is more than one eligible figures when the figure carrying the cursed ring moves onto a space, you may choose which one to give the cursed ring to.

That probably can be worded better, but it's late...

Last edited by Boottrap; November 2nd, 2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old November 7th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boottrap View Post
That probably can be worded better, but it's late...
Take your time let me know when you think you have it worded to your liking. I'm pretty sure you can cut each one down to about 2-3 lines of text. Don't worry it'll be added to the thread when it's ready.
Old November 8th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's one:

Scenario Addition:
Water's flood:
Every round, as long as an enemy Water Elemental is alive, place 3 water tiles adjacent to water tiles already on map for each Water Elemental.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Here's one:

Scenario Addition:
Water's flood:
Every round, as long as an enemy Water Elemental is alive, place 3 water tiles adjacent to water tiles already on map for each Water Elemental.
That seems bit too scenario specific for this thread. I've tried to lay out general ideas in the tournament section. "Water's flood" is an excellent concept for a specific room if you designed your own dungeon. But I would hesitate to apply it to a random map. It requires a foreknowledge of available materials and a balance between water elementals, water tiles, and choice locations that the water begins to swell from and how much control over the map can be gained if it gets out of hand. The other thing to consider is who gets to place the tiles. All of these things can be easily explained away in a specific dungeon of your own creation, but is rather difficult to write into 2-3 lines and apply every random map players might sit down to during a tournament.
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:47 AM

Chaotick is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Right, time to think up some completely preposterous stuff.

Traps, then.

Overload Amulet
Your hero picks up an amulet with a lot of power. Way too much power. Instantly attack an opponent (if possible) with a Lightning Overload special attack, with 6 range and 6 attack. Afterwards, deal 1 wound to the hero who triggered the trap. If there is no opponent within range, your hero takes 2 wounds.

Dancing Blades
Your hero's hands begin waving uncontrollably. If the unit has a range of 1, grant it double attack and Clumsy (a little like the ogre pulverizer). If the unit has a range of at least 4, subtract 2 from its range.

Fumble
Your figure trips over the treasure. Place it 1 space away from the treasure and end its movement. Subtract 2 from its movement only on its next turn.

Disease
A torrent of gas spews from the treasure, catching your hero by surprise. Destroy the treasure. Roll again to determine which disease this unit is afflicted by. (They are a bit accelerated, of course.)
1:Black death. If your hero is small or medium, destroy it. Otherwise, deal an immediate 3 wounds.
2-5: Polio. Reduce this figure's movement by 2, to a minimum of 3.
6-11: Sick. Your hero barfs. Deal a wound to the hero and put a swamp water space in front of him. (:P)
12-17: Common cold. Reduce the hero's defense by 1 for the remainder of the round.
18-19: You smell really bad because of the gas. Nothing else happens.
20: Looks like the trap malfunctioned. The slightly anesthetic damp actually reduces all wounds you take by 1 for the remainder of the round.
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotick View Post
Right, time to think up some completely preposterous stuff.

Traps, then.

Overload Amulet
Your hero picks up an amulet with a lot of power. Way too much power. Instantly attack an opponent (if possible) with a Lightning Overload special attack, with 6 range and 6 attack. Afterwards, deal 1 wound to the hero who triggered the trap. If there is no opponent within range, your hero takes 2 wounds.

Dancing Blades
Your hero's hands begin waving uncontrollably. If the unit has a range of 1, grant it double attack and Clumsy (a little like the ogre pulverizer). If the unit has a range of at least 4, subtract 2 from its range.

Fumble
Your figure trips over the treasure. Place it 1 space away from the treasure and end its movement. Subtract 2 from its movement only on its next turn.

Disease
A torrent of gas spews from the treasure, catching your hero by surprise. Destroy the treasure. Roll again to determine which disease this unit is afflicted by. (They are a bit accelerated, of course.)
1:Black death. If your hero is small or medium, destroy it. Otherwise, deal an immediate 3 wounds.
2-5: Polio. Reduce this figure's movement by 2, to a minimum of 3.
6-11: Sick. Your hero barfs. Deal a wound to the hero and put a swamp water space in front of him. (:P)
12-17: Common cold. Reduce the hero's defense by 1 for the remainder of the round.
18-19: You smell really bad because of the gas. Nothing else happens.
20: Looks like the trap malfunctioned. The slightly anesthetic damp actually reduces all wounds you take by 1 for the remainder of the round.
Added.
Old January 13th, 2011, 06:47 AM

Boottrap has disabled reputation

After finally using it in a battle, I've reworded it nicely...

Mirror Shield- (permanent treasure glyph) When this figure rolls defense dice against a non-adjacent attacking figure, and rolls more shields than the attacking figure rolls skulls, the attack is negated, and this figure immediately launches the same attack at the attacking figure.

Not really shorter, but it's more clear, I think...

I've also used this trap a few times, and liked it...I just threw a name together to post it here, so you're welcome to change it...

Life Drain Trap- The figure attempting to pick up this treasure glyph recieves an amount of wounds equal to half of its remaining life (rounded up to the nearest whole number)

And one more that I just thought of, and hope to try out soon...

Phantom Extension- (permanent treasure glyph) When this figure attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack you may choose one other figure within 3 spaces of this figure (no clear line of sight is needed) this figure is also affected by the normal attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures, figures roll defense dice seperately.

Last edited by Boottrap; January 13th, 2011 at 07:02 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios