Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Ask the Design Team thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Question: What is the timeline for when each of you got involved in playtesting? What was your first project, and can you give any details to how it felt to be a part of making it?
Obviously a play tester cannot just think through testings, they have to put figures on the board and pitch some dice. So each play tester has to have other players that assist them in their testing efforts. Whether that is friends or family or whatever, it is other players that are not on the official play tester forum and not privvy to all that is in the works, but they are under NDA just the same. I call that being a 2nd tier tester. I started as a 2nd teir play tester in Jan 2006 working with GB on whatever was needed at the time.

The first units I was involved with as a 2nd tier tester where Nakitas, Gladiators/Capuans, Glads/Blasts and Kato/Ashigaru. It was a pretty exciting time as the mechanics for those unit combos were a bit different than what had gone before and represented some new directions.

I was brought on as a Tier 1 play tester in September of 2008.
Interesting...perhaps this is common knowledge amoung some folks, but I take it that the Glads from Wave 5 and the Cap Glads from Wave 9 were developed at the same time? Makes sense from a balance standpoint, just curious.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:50 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Interesting...perhaps this is common knowledge amoung some folks, but I take it that the Glads from Wave 5 and the Cap Glads from Wave 9 were developed at the same time? Makes sense from a balance standpoint, just curious.
Absolutely they were.

It was the longest gap I know of in terms of units being designed to work together and actually being released. It was brutal to watch Spartacus get dog cussed for 3 years for sucking and costing so much knowing that the Capuans were still to come.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:56 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Absolutely they were.

It was the longest gap I know of in terms of units being designed to work together and actually being released. It was brutal to watch Spartacus get dog cussed for 3 years for sucking and costing so much knowing that the Capuans were still to come.
Ya, I started playing on a regular basis around the time that Wave 9, so I never had to deal with a Capless Sparty, but I can imagine that must have been tough...especially with the NDA not allowing you to stick up for ol'Sparty

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old February 2nd, 2010, 04:06 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I can imagine that must have been tough...
I'll say. I kept trying and trying different combos with Spartucus. I was sure something was being missed. Of course there was but the missing piece was 4 waves away.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old February 2nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Question: Can we expect to see DnD units with Classic-Scape classifications? I don't just mean synergies (I know this has been answered). But will any DnD releases be labeled with strictly "Scape" classifications like "Venoc," "Omnicron," or "Gorillinator," e.g.?
Old February 2nd, 2010, 07:47 PM

Scott knows what's in an order marker Scott knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Question: Can we expect to see DnD units with Classic-Scape classifications? I don't just mean synergies (I know this has been answered). But will any DnD releases be labeled with strictly "Scape" classifications like "Venoc," "Omnicron," or "Gorillinator," e.g.?
Or how about classes like Soldier, Scout, and Champion? Any actual Elves (i.e. no Eladrin)?

But even if the answer is "No", it looks to me as if the current figures have been assigned cost that accurately reflect their lack of synergies in these regards.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:04 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Where there ever any figures or abilities that you really wanted to work and succeed but ended up not being relesed?
Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:34 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
Where there ever any figures or abilities that you really wanted to work and succeed but ended up not being relesed?
Yes.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:11 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Yea I'd like to see hear this one too.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:18 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
Quote:
Yea I'd like to see hear this one too.
Be more specific. Are you talking class? Will there be some D&D guys with the same class as classic scape figures? Well there already are.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:22 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Be more specific. Are you talking class? Will there be some D&D guys with the same class as classic scape figures? Well there already are.
I think he meant will there be more units belonging to the races that are already established.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:35 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

I'm not a designer, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the answer to that is no. Remember, WOTC has some amount of control over which figures are included and how they are represented.

If you were take a Warforged figure and simply slap the species name "Omnicron" on it for our own benefit, I think they would see that as not being authentic to the D&D brand.

Not to mention that if you really do want D&D players to cross over to HS, you don't want to spark debate over why their Yuan-Ti's are called Venocs, etc.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion