Thread: Diplomacy
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Diplomacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
@MegaSilver - dude, I gave you Sweden, then you went ahead and built up the EF alliance by taking my legs out. I got lots more to say about this, but writing was on the wall what would happen to you after you took me out.
Oh, about that. England and I already arranged for me to take Sweden well before you brought it up to me (several days {or a week?} before you brought it up). I took it as an opportunity to trick you into trusting me.
Oh I wasn't tricked by it, I was hoping to gain your trust by giving you Sweden, given how England opened to the north, which clearly signaled an EF alliance, and an EF alliance spells doom for Russia. I just don't understand how you didn't see what would happen to Russia after Germany was eliminated, based on the trust that was well established between E and F. They DMZ'd the Channel, which takes a loads of trust, and England opened to NWG

Then in S02, he moves a fleet into NWG followed up by a fleet into NWY in F02, I'd have gotten some kind of DMZ if I were you about those if you are going to get into bed with England as Russia.

I knew that after the DMZ of the Channel, I was in trouble. A bounce in the Channel would have let me know I had a chance.

Well, this was my first game of Diplomacy, and I thought I had a solid alliance with England.

TBH, Politicking as you would call it is not my strong suite, and I'm surprised I did as well as I did here.