View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2021, 02:40 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin) (Design)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
I don't think Vlad will cause any issues in the Lord class. With his current power level I think it's good that he doesn't bond. As a Warlord it would hurt the Romans' low movement but as a standalone figure he is quite strong on paper. I'd love to keep Lord if we can purely because it's basically the vampire class, which is a fun nod to Dracula.
Agreed; I think that Lord is reasonable (and appreciate the nod to Dracula), but straight bonding on a figure that's able to force LEAs is probably too strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
For the forced movement power, I don't mind the name Terrifying Display, but if we use it I think his personality would also have to be changed to Terrifying, which is a bit of a shame because I slightly prefer the thematic implications of either Merciless or Sadistic.

I also don't really like the change to making it only work on engaged figures, as I think it actually becomes less thematic. Forcing a figure to run away from an engagement with another one of your figures makes it seem thematically like the enemy figure is terrified of the figure its engaged with, not Vlad.

Because of the short range of 2 and the requirement that they cant end their turn engaged, I really don't think its necessary to require that any figures moved must be engaged before moving. Since they can't move closer to Vlad, any affected figures will end up either moving away from him, or circling around him, which also feels thematic enough to me.
Those are interesting points. I don't particularly mind Terrifying Display on a non-Terrifying figure, but I can see how it can come across as disconcerting. I also don't mind Vlad as Terrifying, but I agree that Merciless is probably the best fit thematically. "Sadistic Display" or some other prefix could also work for renaming the power, albeit I think that Terrifying best conveys the intended theme of fear.

I don't really agree with the change to figures being engaged being less thematic. In practice it works as the opponent taking a LEA from the engaged figure, but Vlad is still the one triggering the power after having killed something. I think that it still comes across well.

I don't love a terrified figure circling around Vlad, but it's probably a necessary gimmick. Lava dunking isn't a huge concern, but I do think that any forced movement for opposing figures is decently better than the form that essentially forces a disengage. This opens the power up to Engagement Strikes, tying down figures with stuff like Dienekes or another defender like Gladiatrons or Knights, which is pretty important.