View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Bracket One ScapeCon Map Contest VOTE

I'm trying to focus on finishing up this last case before starting my final, but these damn map thoughts keep rattling around my head, so here we go:

Styx and Stones: A cool concept, but that's a lot of lava. I prefer lava to be a little more spread/have a more even mix of safe/unsafe spaces (see: Stygian Rift, Dance of the Dryads, Wyrmwalk, etc.). Regardless, I'll probably give it a whirl this summer.

Mine's Rift: I agree with SF that it's just too flat. It needs more dynamic height changes to create more interesting tactical decisions.

Mausoleum Ruins: I think this map is close, but not quite there. Freeing up the other hexes used in Sir H's other map would go a long way to rectifying the problems here (not that all the hexes should be used, but it could use more). I'm also not in love with the current LoS blocker placements, but it's honestly a solid start with a lot of potential.

Gambit: I'd echo what I said about Styx and Stones.

Sauna: I actually think a reshuffling of the level 0 tiles could do wonders for fixing the choked center issues. It got my vote for how easy of an issue that is to rectify.

Honor: Just Flash being Flash. Love it. Perhaps the road could be a little different, but overall, looks great. Got my vote.

Steer into the Skid: Honestly, a really nice first effort. However, it's a bit too long, and the heights are too "yours and mine." With some revisions, this could be a nice map.

Foothold: Again, a really nice first effort from a new map maker! I'd agree with SF that the heights are a little "yours and mine." Notably, the glyphs also feel that way, and I'm not sure the easiest way to fix that. But again, with some revisions, this could be really nice.