View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2024, 11:25 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Line of sight does help a lot, but I'm not a fan of line of sight to the enemy figure. For one, that is easy to do at a long distance on most maps. But mostly it just feels like being different for the sake of being different. Thematically I don't feel like it's any better either; I think it's more imporant that Jedidiah knows who he's ordering around.

I also suspect the unit may feel unrewarding. Having to have the 'X' on the unit taking the extra turn is dangerous. When there is no bluff marker, all figures with unrevealed order markers make good targets, so it's even more likely to lose turns.

This is what I would do to make the figure more dynamic and rewarding:

OUTLAW AMBUSH
At the end of each round, if at least one of your revealed Order Markers is on an Outlaw Hero, you may reveal the 'X' Order Marker on Jedidiah Mulroney to take a turn with Jedidiah or another Outlaw Hero you control within 8 clear sight spaces of Jedidiah.