View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Prop 8 Prevails in California -- Gay Marriage Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 View Post
Let me refresh this one since I'm still waiting for an answer to the question below from Ted D from yesterday... with all the pages since this question, it might have been easy to miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
Quote:
I meant "update" in every sense of my original post, not singling out any religions or groups.
The key word is POST, the entire post carried the message, the word burn was in reference to outdated clauses that do not apply to today's world.

Throw away, update, change, ignore, sideline, these are all words to use in place of "burn."

...But what outdated/archaic clauses in texts are you referring to? (straightforward question here... I'm really curious about what you are specifically referring to)...

Thanks!

SW8K
I read it originally, as ordinary English, as outdated (in his opinion) legal texts. I saw no reference to religious texts or the Bible. I also read a metaphor and not a call for any literal burning. I think your agenda shaped your reading, SW8K and you saw something that, simply, was not there in Ted's post.