View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Mystique (II) (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I could see the roll dropped one or maybe two, but no more than that. If you have a 7+ activation, add +3 from destiny and you have only a 4+ which I think is a tad overpowered, especially if you get three turns on a 15+.
But one additional activation isn't overly strong. Xavier gives you 2 other Mutant activations automatically, and Mastermind gives you an additional Mutant activation automatically. Mystique, on the other hand, is limited to Outcasts, and will only give you an additional activation most of the time. Compare her to Mister Fantastic, even with Destiny boosting it to a 5+ for 1 outcast, her "nothing happens" roll is still higher then Mr. Fantastic's, and Mr. Fantastic can get up to 3 additional activates with stronger units.

The big thing with Mystique is the potential 2 activations in addition to hers, that's the roll that needs to be kept in check in my opinion, the one additional activation can be balanced easily at any roll (and the lower and more consistent, the better). Remember, I'm fine with her cost creeping as high as 215.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
At least Life of 5 to match the original. I do think increasing Attack and Defend make sense. It's either that or give her Master Martial Artist or equivalent.
As was discussed in the Public Design Post, I'd like to keep Mystique as a 2-power card (which Bats and others agreed with).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
How about copying Chameleon's "Impersonate" completely and then giving Mystique a short third power that allows her to Impersonate a Small or Large figure as while.
Personally, I don't see how that's any better. Either way, you're "using up" a power name, and with your suggestion you're just adding more wording and complexity, plus the potential for confusing players. I'd much rather sacrifice theme and go with just Impersonate that go with Impersonate and an additional power like that (though I still don't see the problem with making it just one new power).

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!