View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2021, 01:25 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Movement - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
If we want to keep them simple for newer players, having them as normal glyphs might be the best way to go. We could also have something special for them that is optional. I'm of the opinion that these glyphs should have their own little thing, but can easily see why regular glyphs would be better and safer.
Leaving them as normal Power Glyphs would probably be the least confusing thing to do for a new player, since if they start collecting things like Malliddon's Prophecy and get random red glyphs, they'll work exactly the same as expected.

That said, I am tempted to do something small and distinct here to justify why these glyphs are different, and perhaps paint a stronger theme for the set as a whole. Tying them into the Pillars of Hár as strange relics in the Sea of Sand could be fun, for instance. To that end, I think that dropping the "figures must stop moving when stepping on a Power Glyph" restriction would be an easy change, but I'm curious to see if anyone has a stronger and more appealing idea. This one really only benefits this glyph if we take it that certain route--the other glyphs would be mostly unaffected by the change.

Another idea from a few years back was to limit these glyphs' effects to something like 6 clear sight spaces to prevent blanket boosts like for the Power Glyphs, but we decided against that originally because it would heavily favor range.