View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2023, 11:45 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Having also been playing Dominion on the app recently, it really cements how much more I enjoy Ascension as a deckbuilder than Dominion.
I think the state of the art in the "market deck" deck builders is Shards of Infinity. Unfortunately the app doesn't have any of the expansions (yet). I would love to have more partners to play that app with if anyone else plays it. The runner-up for me is Hero Realms, followed by Star Realms. I do like Ascension.

But the problem with all the market deck games is that you're at the mercy of what comes up in the Market Deck. I really appreciate the way that Dominion lets you choose a strategy from the beginning of the game. There's still some luck-of-the-draw involved, but I'd argue it is strongly mitigated compared to market deck games.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV