View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2021, 09:48 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
More conceptually, I'm not a huge fan of how Berserker Rage and Impale kind of work against each other. The special attack isn't too shabby and will generally be the highlight of the design for the majority of the game, but the potential for one last stand inverts the focus to be a melee figure so long as he can reach the opponent. It's an interesting dynamic on paper, but I worry that the short-term nature of this switch, especially combined with the unreliable nature of Berserker Charge (similar to Javelin to a certain extent), might dilute the playstyle of the unit. I'd keep a careful eye on how that power dynamic plays and what interesting decisions it causes when playtesting.
I like that thematically: going nuts and rushing wildly into the fray. It does feel weird that they play against each other, but the bonus turns are just freebies and it's already valuable that he would be holding space on the battlefield even if he doesn't take a turn.

BTW, you can't use Impale as a name, since the Cathar Spearmen already have Impale.