View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:50 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 3/3/19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1an View Post
Thanks for the input Flash!

I understand your concern about how most of the road is on level 3, and it was something I was conscious about while designing as well. So I did try to add a little variance where possible, each third of the map has 4 sunken hexes leading out of the right of the start zone, and 1 road hex that is on level with the stone table. I wanted the stone table and the 3 outer clusters to be the highest points so that there is a slight benefit to being on the central table. Additionally with how cluttered the LoS blockers make it, I wanted to make sure huge figures (such as Braxas) would still feel comfortable and move viably in this map. To accommodate I made the right path out of the starting zone double wide and more gradual and kept the center as flat as possible. You're welcome to disagree with the design choice, I just hope that at least explains my reasoning behind it!
The map definitely has a solid design. I was just expressing more of an initial thought rather than a concern - which may very well prove to be wrong. I appreciate the effort and thought you have put into building it! It definitely shows. And I love that you're posting other maps too! Keep them coming

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog