View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2020, 02:57 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I am open to name suggestions for "close quarters expert". Does "close quarters combat expert" sound better?
I think that it does, personally. Just "Close Quarters Expert" makes me feel like something is missing. It sounds clunkier, though, but I wouldn't downvote solely over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
GENERAL = Einar
NAME = Ajay Shah III
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique
CLASS = Warlord
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE/HEIGHT = Huge 8

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 175

POWER 1: Trample Stomp
At any point while moving, Ajay Shah III may choose a small or medium figure that is adjacent, on the same level, and on a space where Ajay Shah III may end his movement. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-7, the figure is safe and Ajay Shah III's movement ends. If you roll 8-20, the chosen figure receives one wound. If the wound destroys the figure, move Ajay Shah III onto the space occupied, and you may continue Ajay Shah III's movement. If the chosen figure is not destroyed, Ajay Shah III's movement ends. Ajay Shah III must be on a space where he can end movement each time he uses this power.
POWER 2: Steady Charge
Ajay Shah III rolls 1 additional attack dice when attacking any figure or destructible object that was at least 1 clear sight space away from Ajay Shah III at the start of his turn. Ajay Shah cannot use Steady Charge if he already used Trample Stomp this turn.
POWER 3: Dismiss The Rabble
When rolling defense dice against adjacent attacking small or medium Squad figures, Ajay Shah III receives 1 additional defense die.
A War Elephant would be pretty fun, though I'm wary of him as a bonding option for Romans/Sacred Band, even at 200+ points. Tor-Kul-Na is already 220 points, and Nagrubs are much weaker in terms of bonding than the Romans are. A higher cost and lack of healing can balance it out, but Ajay Shah III has to be careful to not dull what makes Tor-Kul-Na special.

I also agree with what others have said about the complexity/length of the powers here. You'd be better off focusing on just one or two of the three if you want to use Trample Stomp.

Finally, it's worth noting that SoV submissions expect submitted miniatures to be plentiful and affordable (typically with a minimum of 50+ copies of the sculpt for sale online at reasonable prices). I haven't checked the availability of the proposed mini outside of the link you provided, but that site only has 2 copies for sale at $25 each. You may need to find a different miniature if this one is too rare and expensive online, unfortunately.