View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2019, 12:41 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Casters of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Finally got to listen to this at work today! Really good stuff! There's been mention bout the length of the second recording, but I don't think I minded as much (because I was at work...) and it sounds like you'll have that under control in the future.

I completely agreed with the huge variance compiled in the Marrden Hounds. They're probably my least favorite unit to play -- as noted, not because they're bad, but because of the variance.

For the Groks, have any of you tried mixing a squad in with Romans? I tried that at an earlier Utah tourney to decent effect, though of course I had 3x Romans and Raelin, so it's hard to be bad with that. Plus our Utah competitive-level is much lower than GenCon. They were nice for the possible 5A against a big hero, though.

Anyway, love the podcast! I've been excited for it ever since hearing it was going to be a thing! Thanks to all who are involved bringing it to life!
The length thing is definitely partially subjective. For example, I paint a lot of minis, so long podcasts (like one of my favorites) are nice to listen to while painting. OTOH, more structured, shorter podcasts (like the rest of my favorites) are great when I want to specifically focus on learning and improving at something, rather than needing background noise. The second category is what we'll be going with, but it is feasibly possible that we do a long non-tent (no to low content) cast in the distant future with the disclaimer that it'll be a lot like what we initially put out.

I've never done a 1x Grok splash with Romans before; it certainly seems fun, and might be something that's viable in the Main Event RtW meta. I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks for listening!