View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2020, 10:31 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 8/23

I got the win over BodaciousBlood to advance to the playtest playoffs. It was all a Cathar show. I opened with Marro Warriors who were very ineffective shooting at shadow-backed Tarn and Izumi. 3 of my Marros fell on R1OM3, to Ranjit-boosted B-11 3v4s, and I just abandoned them and went straight Cathar. I pulled off a pretty good slowroll, since Ranjit gives you some time to work with by telegraphing OMs and requiring them to be spread out. I unleashed the Cathar on R2OM3 on initiative switch and laid into the unique horde. B-11s and Marros were my priority targets, and I was able to find them quickly and limit the Ranjit offense. After that, the squads struggled to throw any attacks at all; it started just to get funny when Ranjit repeatedly failed Diplomatic Subterfuge and the Cathar continued to block. I pulled out the win without ever coming close to needing Motley Max.

Motley Max- not used so not a lot of thoughts. Cathar are good. I don't think Max is really great with Cathar since you don't actually want to pull people into Braced Spear, you want them to take it themselves. He was nice a cleanup insurance though.

Ranjit- Both of my games with this Ranjit build so far have been like this, where the Ranjit build feels like it has a shot at first and then rapidly collapses. Obviously two very stout opponents for this build in the Bugbears and the Cathar though. It definitely needs Rats, you need to protect the pieces behind the screen more than you need +1 attack and move Izumi and Tarn. The OM restriction is so painful when you have no protection for the pieces that have to sleep 66% of the time.