View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2012, 02:39 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: G'Naxthor added 11/27

Playtest report!

So I got to try out my Demon Army against the Z-Man (son #2) this weekend, on the Ruins of Fort McAda:

G'Naxthor 130
Balazag 100
Skull Demon x 2 130
Soulaxe Demon x 2 60
Aravi T'se 80

vs.

Jotun
Q9
Axegrinders x 1
Isamu

Jotun and Q9 were recently acquired, and Z-Man always likes the big guys. I figured my Demons were going to get mowed down, especially since my only ranged attack wouldn't work on Q9. But fortunately for them, Z-Man rushed Q9 forward and I was able to get G'Naxthor engaged with him, with height advantage. Adding the bonuses from the Skull Demon and Aravi T'se, he was finally able to take him down. G'Naxthor's Chaos aura kept working against me, which was frustrating but just the kind of chaos I was hoping he'd spread. Grasp and Blind Rage were also useful, both to move Aravi T'se into position, and to squish some dwarves. All in all, G'Naxthor earned his points on his first play. The Soulaxe Demons? Not so much. They both got wasted (one by Q9, one by getting tossed by Jotun) before they were able to do much of anything other than take a few wounds on behalf of the Skull Demons. Balalzag wasn't used much either. He tried to Fell Engage Q9, but ccouldn't get a wound on him -- Jotun would have been a better choice, since he needs to get at least one wound in to make it work. He mostly served as a recipient of Wannock-caused wounds. The Skull Demons were the big winners, though, one of them took down Jotun with a couple of lucky rolls. The Demons shouldn't have won -- I had a Strategy Lesson with Z-Man about screens and using your range advantage. But only after I won, of course. He's beat me enough times.

So, plus marks on G'Naxthor and Aravi, which were definitely fun to play. Jury's still out on Soulaxe and Balalzag. Stay tuned.