View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2018, 10:35 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
To add to the reasoning for the price, I was using Zatacron as a comparison price point. 1 less move. If you can get height, it's only 5 potential attack, not 6. 2 less defense, though now with evasive that's not as relevant, and Acolarh is never guaranteed. It's harder to get into position, and Theracus is a lot for just positioning one figure, and there's no Omegacron replacement to get into position. Acolarh's move buff will only be effective once per game, maybe twice if you can spare the order markers for it.
Zetacron is also double-spaced, which makes him less mobile than the 5 move would imply. I'd say that 2 life with 4 defense is significantly worse than 4 life with 2 defense. Both are slightly frail, but 4 life is much more consistent and can take more hits. Omegacron isn't fantastic with Zetacron in my eyes; to me, Zetacron is an almost entirely standalone hero with some interesting synergies, not an extra attack for squads.

Theracus is best used when positioning just one figure in my experiences. Rushing out Hawthorne or a Viking Champion into an opposing start zone can definitely result in 40 points worth of havoc, and dropping off Faylia on height so that you can develop your army unhindered seems like a great use of him.

I brought up Acolarh because unlike many other armies I've seen that suggest him and Theracus, he directly benefits the rest of your army as well. You'll be taking Faylia with either Aubriens or the WoA, so his aura will be put to great effect.

Personally, I think that the design should either be much more expensive or be dropped down to 7 range/3 attack if you want to keep her relatively cheap (although that could still be pretty strong with the half-bonding).