Thread: HoME Art Thread
View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: HoME Art Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSFREAK View Post
To Son of Arathorn:

Yes, it's the HoME side

What kind of symbol would you like? I think it looks good up there and in my opinion, all of Tolkien' other Tails were, though wonderful in there own way, building up to LoTR, so that was the symbol that seemed most appropriate to put up there.

Also, about the symbol, That's J.R.R.T.'s symbol, but what If we did a play on it with the initials of OUR name: HoME?
The problem with focusing solely on the Lord of the Rings is that we're not doing only Lord of the Rings characters. We're eventually spreading from that to the Hobbit, hopefully to the Silmarillion... by calling ourselves Heroes of Middle-Earth rather than Heroes of LotR, we made sure we weren't limited to the trilogy, so we could work with everything Tolkien had to offer.

I'd prefer we stay away from a symbol of the project name (maybe in the margin like mac122 does with his cards, if anything). I'd rather we devise our own symbols for HoME generals, and if we have a project symbol, the Tolkien insignia. Some suggestions for general symbols, as referring to White Knight's post on sorting potential units:

Jandar/Manwe???- Eagle's wing/White Tree of Gondor

Ullar/Orome???- Hunter's bow/Wizard's staff

Einar/Tulkas???- Horse banner/???

Aquilla/Aule- Shards of Narsil/Blacksmith's hammer/Ring of Barahir

Vydar/Feanor???- The White Hand/The Silmarils/

Utgar/Sauron- Eye of Sauron/Barad'dur

Valkrill/Morgoth- Grond, hammer of the underworld/???