View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2016, 02:27 AM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker
Terrain Maintenance?

Hi all,

I have had my collection for a long while now, and still play often enough. Today I was taking apart my map to rebuild a new one and realized that the pieces were very tightly locked together. I had huge trouble getting them apart, and even accidentally broke some of the single hex water tiles by mistake!

Some pieces were getting jammed together at odd angles, and I was too fearful to attempt to remove the pieces of water adjacent to big land tiles.

I'm sure this has something to do with thermodynamics and the expansion of plastic as it sits in heat, or something like that. However, has anyone also experienced sudden brittleness of water (and other similar) terrain pieces? Does anyone do anything for terrain maintenance at all?

I want to preserve my collection as best as I can, especially now that I'm short so many water tiles. This has never been an issue before, though this particular map I left constructed for a bit longer than before (we have a room dedicated to this and played 6 or 7 games over the course of a few weeks).

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Good purchases from: Ztimster, Just_a_Bill, Teasedbyeldgrim, Queen of Jandar, Tmac2200, anuctoo